Hacking Question Is pin 1 important?

D

Deleted-355425

I have purchased a right hand side rail, i will make a jig from this to remove wear and tear.

TerryG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a rail and put it inside a gutted joycon strap, looks and works great

20180528_004956.jpg 20180528_005021.jpg 20180528_125805.jpg

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are implying that you can use your human body as the ground for pin 10. It will not work, or at least would be unreliable. It's hard to say for sure without 1) testing 2) knowing the input impedance and pull up value on pin 10. Though, in most normal designs where the pull up impedance is likely 10k or 100k it wouldn't work reliably as the human body is usually in the hundreds of kohms (mostly skin resistance) It's 10k or lower when pressed hard, sweaty or otherwise moist.

Personally I think the jigs are a very bad idea and people are likely to have pin connection problems with the joycon down the road as the pins are over stressed and the plating is damaged due to fretting and scratching by materials like steel (paper clip). The pins in the switch are likely beryllium copper, or phosphor bronze (both softish but springy) with a nickle followed by gold plating (hardish but still pretty soft). They aren't going to hold up super well over the medium term.
But maybe it works for the pin 10 as the LovingYoung said the following:
Not really, In a long time, I'm holding the other edge of the wire, act as GND by myself.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it would work too, but I wonder why he typed that...

Most likely he has a copper cable touching pin 10 and on the rail at the same time which is supposed to be ground, though I haven't even tried yet to see if the rail paint finish is even conductive... They usually say to touch the rail screws or switch cooling fins above...
Not really, In a long time, I'm holding the other edge of the wire, act as GND by myself.
How do you enter RCM, do you put a cable on pin 10 rail and touch the other tip of the cable or what???

Last edited by guily6669,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/7bH4YgV.mp4