Hacking Is ModChipCentral trustworthy?

donkeymilk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh god, this just keeps getting better...

If you ordered it when they were out of stock, don't get pissy when it takes them a while to ship it. Common-fuckin-sense.

I've never seen any reports of anyone being scammed by them. Just people calling them scammers for accepting pre-orders for a device that may or may not be coming out anymore (Wiikey U), and dumbasses trying to ruin their reputation because their order didn't ship right away (See above).

TLDR: If you're ordering something that's in stock, you won't have problems. If you're pre-ordering something, or ordering when they're out of stock, be patient and/or accept the fact that they charge a restocking fee for cancelled orders.

Wait... they charged a restocking fee on a pre-order? That's pretty shady.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered from them two weeks ago (2 DSTWO cards). They were out of stock, but said they were getting the last shipment of DSTWO cards anywhere until January.
They were true and my order was shipped and I got the cards and they both work.

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOL they changed their gateway 3ds page to say

OUT OF STOCK OUR SHIPMENT IS ON THE WAY MISSED THE FLIGHT FOR TODAY DUE TO ARRIVE DECEMBER 22ND!! ALL BACKORDERS WILL SHIP AND THERE WILL BE LOTS FOR NEW ORDERS!

https://www.modchipcentral.com/store/Gateway-3DS-USA-CANADA.html

I bet my AUS N3DS that on Dec 22, they'll change it to say they missed the flight again or some other random bullshit excuse. At this point I don't care cuz i'm cancelling my order and never ordering anything from them again.

And on that same page, they said they'll include a "3DS USB Charge Cable". A previous gateway 3ds that i ordered never included this. So yeah, don't believe a word these liars say

donkeymilk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're in the US, realhotstuff is pretty good. They usually have stock so shipping is fast. Although, I think they're not getting a shipment of the blue button sky3ds until the 22nd either. I had to order from modchipsdirect. Hopefully they get here soon.

ModchipCentral

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would definitely make contact with them, as soon as i noticed they had them in stock I ordered mine, and I just received it today. I literally ordered it monday

Edit: i totally read the name wrong, I ordered from modchipsdirect. trust them

We never scam any customers. If the item is out of stock we will get it to you!
We had big issues in December due to shipping companies loosing our shipments
which happened with Fedex, Canadapost and DHL. You have the option to choose shipping
with or with out tracking during checkout.
thank you
WWW.MODCHIPCENTRAL.COM ;)

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We never scam any customers. If the item is out of stock we will get it to you!
We had big issues in December due to shipping companies loosing our shipments
which happened with Fedex, Canadapost and DHL. You have the option to choose shipping
with or with out tracking during checkout.
thank you
WWW.MODCHIPCENTRAL.COM ;)

You guys are an official reseller. I don't see why he didn't even contact you guys first if there seemed to be any visible issues.

Reactions: ModchipCentral

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He pre-ordered, then decided that he's impatient and doesn't want to wait for the product to come out. Whose fault is that?

A preorder is an implied contract. You put money down with the expectation that the item will be made available to you within a certain timeframe. In exchange for the pre-order, you are given higher priority when the product is released.

However, when the timeframe implied in the preorder contract has come and gone, the company offering the preorder has renegged on the implied contract by failing to deliver the product, and they are obligated to give the customer the option of a refund.

Regardless what may be stated in a click-through agreement, any small claims court is likely to rule for the plantiff if they were to sue, because the company failed to deliver either a full refund or the product preordered within the time frame that was implied.

CyrilCommando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly, I bought my Acekard 2i from them years ago. I received a fake that had the ID sticker or whatever it's called on the back peeled off, back when Acekard's site was still around, I checked and it said I got a fake. When I received the packet the sealing flap did seem very loose, though, as if someone intercepted it during shipping and replaced it with a fake. I have no idea whether it was Modchipcentral's fault, or whether some thief got their hands on it. As to why I kept the fake, it worked fine to play all the games I wanted, and didn't want to go through the hassle of returning. Regardless, I'm not going with an overseas supplier again. I checked, they say they're based in California, but the package I received was from China.

EDIT: I just saw a thread saying someone thinks they received a fake Gateway from MCC. Yeah, as far as I'm concerned, never order from them.

EDIT 2: Take this with a grain of salt, as there's a high chance it was Modchipfactory that I ordered from, and not Modchipcentral. It was so long ago I can't confirm the transaction.

Dragaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked, they say they're based in California, but the package I received was from China.

I think that's how most flashcard sites send out their stuff; all the cards and things come straight from China with proper labeling, and when someone buys the item, they attach a label onto it to ship to you. I could tell with my Gateway package from another site was first shipped to some warehouse then shipped to me, or was yours DIRECTLY from China?

vingt-2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought a Gateway from this seller and got the UPS tracking number right away. It's been two days now and it still says that it hasn't shipped...

Levi47

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had the same experience. I ordered and item that was in stock, was told the item was shipped and given a tracking number. After a couple days i check the tracking number and see that the item has not been delivered to UPS. I contact the MCC telling them that the item was instock when ordered and i received shipping confirmation and get a gibberish reply of "Hi out of stock on the description page
We will have more Monday or Tuesday". It's more of an annoyance than anything but don't tell me you shipped my item if it is out of stock and you have a history of not getting new stock on the expected date.

Still have not received my flashcart, they eventually shipped it but UPS has had delays. MCC support is horrible. Every reply they make they either call you a liar, ignore what you asked or just type gibberish.UPS has confirmed that i am eligible for a refund of my shipping costs because of issues with shipping(mechanical breakdown) but MCC will not pass this along to me. I would avoid these guys if you have any choice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up