Hacking Is ModChipCentral trustworthy?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have proof that it doesn't exist?

There was never a release date set by the key team.

Is the whole "STILL IN PRODUCTION NO EXACT DATE OF ARRIVAL YET" and "*DATE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE" not enough for you?
I cannot prove a negative and you know that. Can you prove it does?
A release month was set by the reseller, they have since modified their website.

Again how long do feel they can keep that up? When do they need to throw in the towel and return his money? 2016? 2020? Never?

Reactions: Thomas12345

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this!)

I'm looking for a good place to get a Gateway since I'm getting one for christmas. I'm Canadian, so since I left it so long and don't want to pay express shipping, I've been looking at modChipCentral (They ship from Canada, are pretty close, and you can pay in Canadian dollars), however I'm a little bit wary after reading these: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/ModchipCentral

How have your guy's experiences with them been? Any other resellers you would recomend?

I literally just receieved my gateway in the mail from them, it took only 3 days and I bought a 32GB micro SD from them and they sent an adapter for it too for free.

Edit: i totally read the name wrong, I ordered from modchipsdirect. trust them

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
That's correct. That's 100% correct.
You have proof that it doesn't exist?

There was never a release date set by the key team.

Is the whole "STILL IN PRODUCTION NO EXACT DATE OF ARRIVAL YET" and "*DATE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE" not enough for you?
It is legally fair, but realistically not. This is like preying on those who don't know any better. Why do all Canadian seem to think like this?

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thorasgar is correct. Modchipcentral are scammers and you shouldn't buy from them. I ordered a gateway from them on Dec 8th and now, 10 days later, they haven't even shipped it yet.

Yeah, i know it was out of stock when i ordered. But guess what? Since I ordered, they've updated their website 3 times to say they'll be receiving shipments, and each time they change the text to say they missed their flight. What fucking bullshit.

Don't buy from these thiefs

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thorasgar is correct. Modchipcentral are scammers and you shouldn't buy from them. I ordered a gateway from them on Dec 8th and now, 10 days later, they haven't even shipped it yet.

Yeah, i know it was out of stock when i ordered. But guess what? Since I ordered, they've updated their website 3 times to say they'll be receiving shipments, and each time they change the text to say they missed their flight. What fucking bullshit.

Give them 24 hours to refund 100% and then contact your bank and dispute the charge. You could be sitting here months and months from now with no card and no guarantee you will ever get one.

vinhdt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've ordered many times from Modchipcentral and have no issue with them.
I would never order any pre-order if I knew a product may or may not exist in the future. You're taking a big risk if you know the WiiU Key is just a hype to get people to pre-order. I personally think the WiiKey U will never exist by the way it's looking now. I only buy products that I know its 100% exist in the future.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I would never order any pre-order if I knew a product may or may not exist in the future. You're taking a big risk if you know the WiiU Key is just a hype to get people to pre-order. I personally think the WiiKey U will never exist by the way it's looking now. I only buy products that I know its 100% exist in the future.
Hindsight vision is 20/20. People were buying a product developed by a reliable team, then were scammed.
Give them 24 hours to refund 100% and then contact your bank and dispute the charge. You could be sitting here months and months from now with no card and no guarantee you will ever get one.
You're super bitter. Did you pre-order the wiiKeyU? That's your fault then. stop spewing nonesense just because you were fooled by WiiKeyU.

TehCheez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used ModChipCentral for years with no issues. Ordered my AceKard 2i from them, WiiKey and my D2Pro v3, multiple replacement Wii and 360 DVD drives, and much more. The longest I've ever had to wait for my product to arrive was 10 days and that was my CK3 Pro and Probe. Only reason it took so long for that was I tried buying it the first day they were stock and they sold out.

Reactions: 2Hack

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I stated earlier I have never ordered from them. I do not like seeing people getting screwed over and taken advantage of. Modchipdirect has preorders and they do not charge your CC until shipping. I have not preordered because I don't believe the product exists.

Spewing what nonsense? Can you guarantee Modchipcentral will receive new stock of Gateway in the next few months? If not, Thomas12345 could have his hard earned money tied up with these scammers and loose 25% if he decides to purchase from a seller that does have it in stock. I know they have no control over when they receive the products. Their shady and predatory business practices are in question here.

Any of us that read this forum for more than a few minutes know the rush for the cards is starting and supplies will dwindle.

Reactions: Thomas12345

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I would definitely make contact with them, as soon as i noticed they had them in stock I ordered mine, and I just received it today. I literally ordered it monday

Edit: i totally read the name wrong, I ordered from modchipsdirect. trust them

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i ordered from them from 3 weeks
only 2 days ago they shipped my order to my US address without tracking number

i still need to wait till it arrive so i can ship it to my country

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had no issues with modchipcentral. I've been ordering from them since gamebygame went down, about 4 years now. Ordered many flashcarts from them including gateway3ds, cyclo evo and iEvo, AK2i, m3ds real. I never order from anybody else. I never ordered anything that said out of stock, because of common sense. And what is it with tracking numbers? I've never had the urge to look one up before, all my orders from modchipcentral always get to me within 3 working days.

There ought to be a modchipcentral section in the forums or update the search box to find modchipcentral threads, I don't know how many times I posted this in the last few months.

MiCH431

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've ordered from them 3 times. First 2 times, no problems. The third order took 2 weeks to get to me because it was backordered and it was the in the same timeframe that 10 feet of snow fell on Buffalo.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
As I stated earlier I have never ordered from them. I do not like seeing people getting screwed over and taken advantage of. Modchipdirect has preorders and they do not charge your CC until shipping. I have not preordered because I don't believe the product exists.

Spewing what nonsense? Can you guarantee Modchipcentral will receive new stock of Gateway in the next few months? If not, Thomas12345 could have his hard earned money tied up with these scammers and loose 25% if he decides to purchase from a seller that does have it in stock. I know they have no control over when they receive the products. Their shady and predatory business practices are in question here.

Any of us that read this forum for more than a few minutes know the rush for the cards is starting and supplies will dwindle.

Never ordered from there.. Calling then scammers... Seems legit.

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uh huh. Sure, just keep ordering from MCC. Don't complain i didn't warn you. This is the 3rd time i've ordered from them. The first two times were good. That's how MCC gets you. They trick you into thinking they're legit. But they'll scam you eventually

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Uh huh. Sure, just keep ordering from MCC. Don't complain i didn't warn you. This is the 3rd time i've ordered from them. The first two times were good. That's how MCC gets you. They trick you into thinking they're legit. But they'll scam you eventually
Oh god, this just keeps getting better...

If you ordered it when they were out of stock, don't get pissy when it takes them a while to ship it. Common-fuckin-sense.

I've never seen any reports of anyone being scammed by them. Just people calling them scammers for accepting pre-orders for a device that may or may not be coming out anymore (Wiikey U), and dumbasses trying to ruin their reputation because their order didn't ship right away (See above).

TLDR: If you're ordering something that's in stock, you won't have problems. If you're pre-ordering something, or ordering when they're out of stock, be patient and/or accept the fact that they charge a restocking fee for cancelled orders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.