Gaming is M33 dead?

Giga_Gaia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IAmTheRad said:
If you feel that Alex owes the community anything, then you're wrong. His priority is not on getting 100% compatability with his backup loader. He enabled Homebrew on the PSP with his CFW. A side effect was that it ran backed up ISOs.

Once a 'major' update comes out for the PSP, one that's beyond security fixes, he'll probably get working on a new CFW version to incorporate the new features of the OFW. Now, many people just want a new CFW to play their games they downloaded, but that's not what CFW is meant for. It's meant solely for homebrew running on the PSP.

I'd like to point out that homebrews are also illegals, Sony doesn't patch security holes to prevent you from playing homebrews for no reasons. Beside, everyone who has a cfw uses it to run isos. If you say the opposite, you're just lying to yourself. So shut up, we all know you're a damn pirate too.

The fact you come to gbatemp, who has new nds release infos and support flashcarts makes you a pirate. It may not support roms downloads, but the release infos just means: It's out, but since you're here, it means you are looking for the rom, which we don't have, but feel free to download it elsewhere.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
xist said:
Your entire post is full of "wrong" Gaia....

I wish 12 year olds weren't allowed on the internet.

Oh well, back to GBAtemp's secret ROM section to get me that Scribblenauts E3 demo cruddybuddy uploaded to the database.

Deleted member 94204

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to point out that homebrews aren't illegals. Neither are custom firmwares. It's just csos/isos.
By the way, you remind me of someone.
skwis.png

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
as far as i know homebrew are not illegal if only the console maker allow them and it didn't break any law, and sony didn't allow it so they release those thing that also blocks homebrew...

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Law unless you justify your fatuous and arrogant statement then the exact same thing could be said about your remark. Giga_Gaia's comment had no basis in reality and rather than just decry me as a fool you can justify your message or grow up.

What was the point in arguing with Gaia when previous posts include this....

QUOTE said:
Giga_Gaia said:
Good we have a better life than those people, but don't use those stuff as excuses. If you're here on GBAtemp, you 're probably a pirate as well. Anyone here has or had something illegal at some point in his life. Now shut up, if you're not a pirate, why are you on GBAtemp? No matter what you're gonna say, you will be wrong. If you come here for release nfo, you're a pirate. If you come here just to discuss legal stuffs, you're delusional.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
xist said:
Law unless you justify your fatuous and arrogant statement then the exact same thing could be said about your remark. Giga_Gaia's comment had no basis in reality and rather than just decry me as a fool you can justify your message or grow up.

Point out where I did that.

If you're talking about the "12 year old" remark, it wasn't directed at you.

Giga_Gaia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sony doesn't support it, so no matter what you say, yes, it's illegal. Read their disclamer.

Also, stop it, you're a pirate, that lie isn't even working. A 1 year old kid could pull off something better.

Giga_Gaia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
djricekcn said:
Disclaimers and EULA aren't a law.

No, but it's a mean to screw you over if they sue you. They will use anything in there to screw you over.

Side note: the itunes disclamer had a hidden phone number that if you called, you'd win a car. Only one guy did it, then it got taken out (got a load of time for someone to call). It was to test who actually read those things. No one actually reads them completely, but they can use that against you if they catch you, nothing you can do about it.

Also, if it's not a law, then state where it says it's legal to use homebrews. Anything the psp wasn't intended to be used with, is illegal. Unless you can give a link where Sony says it's totally legal to use homebrews, then no, you're wrong (and there is no such link) It's as illegal as isos. Also, cfw modify the original code and do things it shouldn't do. It's just as illegal as hardmodding a console. Last I checked, cfw are softmods and those are as illegals as hardmods.

Why would a guy with a modchip on his wii be more of a pirate then the one who use a crappy backup loader?

Stop kidding yourself, no matter what you say, homebrews aren't legals, and neither are cfw. All you can do is make yourself feel less guilty about the fact that you're also a pirate.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Homebrew software isn't illegal. That is why you can go to many reputable sites online and download them, including gbatemp. As they don't infringe on any intellectual copyrights Sony/Nintendo/etc can do nothing about them. If homebrew was illegal, gbatemp, wiibrew, and many other sites would have been shut down long ago by the game companies. It's been through the courts many times. There is nothing illegal about homebrew apart from the fact that most mods that allow homebrew can also defeat copy protection, which is illegal in many countries (like Canada).

Nobody here feels guilty about pirating ... what do you think this forum is all about.

BTW I was the guy who won the car from the iTunes disclaimer. A brand new Fullofcrap RS.

As far as CFW .. has anyone tried spoofing 5.50 and playing those new games? I spoofed my 5.0 M33 and have no problems accessing the PSN store on my PSP. Google 'spoof firmware version psp' if you are interested in trying it.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
genius this might just work, if psp games only read (as in string of the version and didn't really check the version content)the version , we might be able to play.... care to test for us

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IAmTheRad said:
If you feel that Alex owes the community anything, then you're wrong. His priority is not on getting 100% compatability with his backup loader. He enabled Homebrew on the PSP with his CFW. A side effect was that it ran backed up ISOs.

A "side effect"? Sure. This is why his CFW will create an "ISO" directory on your MS when formatted. Why it includes an M33 iso driver, why you can rip an ISO from a mounted UMD.... sorry, this was much more than a side effect. Shit, his slogan was/is "Bringing you power from the DARK side"...

Not complaining mind you...just pointing out that the intent with the cfw was most definitely more than simply homebrew capability. I will not lie, I play homebrew and isos. This is what I have done with the system since the beginnings of the cfw. I applaud DAX for his hard work. It has opened up the console/handheld completely (before the 3000 series)

Hopefully we will see a new M33 someday, but I personally do not have high hopes. With the direction the PSP is heading (Go), I think we are nearing the end of the good ol' UMD backups. If anything, we'll see one last M33 release...I hope.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Giga_Gaia said:
No, but it's a mean to screw you over if they sue you. They will use anything in there to screw you over.

except EULA's are so bloody ridiculous, that it can be used against them. half life 2 EULA was 250 pages long, itunes eula mentions that itunes cannot be used to manufacture terrorist weapons. Cases have been won where the end user violated the eula but due to how long and stupid the eula was, the end user got away. The eula system is going under heavy review due to this. no one is going to read 250+ pages worth of rules.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Law if that's the case then i apologise....i hope you can see where i got the impression that it was about me when your message quoted my post and then went on to call for a ban on 12 year old's from the net.

And if that's the case about some guy winning a car from hidden telephone number in the itunes terms why does Google turn up nothing? And if you think the law works by naming everything that you can do then you're sadly mistaken.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
xist said:
Law if that's the case then i apologise....i hope you can see where i got the impression that it was about me when your message quoted my post and then went on to call for a ban on 12 year old's from the net.

Don't worry about it. I will actually say though, you're one of the few people I actually like.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i hope then that my little mis-step hasn't broken my charming image.
laugh.gif

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
.Radiant said:
Giga_Gaia said:

except EULA's are so bloody ridiculous, that it can be used against them. half life 2 EULA was 250 pages long, itunes eula mentions that itunes cannot be used to manufacture terrorist weapons. Cases have been won where the end user violated the eula but due to how long and stupid the eula was, the end user got away. The eula system is going under heavy review due to this. no one is going to read 250+ pages worth of rules.
yep you will just click accept......nobody had the time to use that, but yeah they will still sue you with that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgwfObY-WDQ