Is jailbreak for IOS Devices dying/dead?

Do you think jailbreak is dead?

• Total voters
S

Saiyan Lusitano

With android you just drag and drop a song on the phone to set it as a ringtone, or just listen to it. I found itunes to be a pain personally, and iirc, it was limited to about 30 seconds (not that it really needs to be longer)
iTunes is a horrible overbloated, piece of shit program that takes way too much space and demand way too much for just transferring music and whatever. It was a freakin' pain to get it to work properly and never figured out how to transfer videos with it, I thought drag & drop would be how but that didn't work. Luckily, I found a program which transfers music, videos and other files to an iPhone -- It's called AnyTrans and works wonderfully.

Android is just better for me. ^_^ Apple won't add SD card support, drag and drop or other basic features you'd expect because that's how they get you to pay more on an Apple phone/tablet.

D

Deleted User

iTunes is a horrible overbloated, piece of shit program that takes way too much space and demand way too much for just transferring music and whatever. It was a freakin' pain to get it to work properly and never figured out how to transfer videos with it, I thought drag & drop would be how but that didn't work. Luckily, I found a program which transfers music, videos and other files to an iPhone -- It's called AnyTrans and works wonderfully.

Android is just better for me. ^_^ Apple won't add SD card support, drag and drop or other basic features you'd expect because that's how they get you to pay more on an Apple phone/tablet.
That's what put me off of this peripheral shit called iPhone. My mother wanted me to transfer music and photos to it. Never was this pissed, iTunes is complete shit. Not only you need to access 550 settings pages to upload one thing but you also need to know how. And Apple doesn't tell you that.

Android for the win. Not only you can browse system files but you also have 100% access to your device, unlike Apple.

Reactions: dpad_5678

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... iPhone sucks because you're too stupid to figure out how to use it? That's rich...

I load up my iPad and iPhone with videos all the time. Songs can be drag&drop if you change your settings to manually manage music. iFunBox is another of many options outside of iTunes if you install Apple File Conduit.

I had Android since the Galaxy S II, and only used it while deployed because it was unlocked. The interface sucks, and there are too many apps/games optimized for one chipset or another. Haven't even touched an Android since I got my iPhone 6s unlocked.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5pTiHEf.png

But seriously. Move to Android. A non-rooted Android device can do MUCH more than a decked-out jailbroken iOS device.

That's what put me off of this peripheral shit called iPhone. My mother wanted me to transfer music and photos to it. Never was this pissed, iTunes is complete shit. Not only you need to access 550 settings pages to upload one thing but you also need to know how. And Apple doesn't tell you that.

Android for the win. Not only you can browse system files but you also have 100% access to your device, unlike Apple.

Apple in 2014: Here, you can have NFC! Only for Apple pay though because you don't need to use NFC tags, NFC picture exchange, etc
Apple in 2017: Ya lol look you can use NFC tags now cool right?

Not to mention the iTunes situation like you said. We can transfer music using MTP/PTP/MS or a microSD card, not some over-prettied slow "multimedia" program.

doughmay

Huh. Time went by fast.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jailbreaking died in ios 9.3 it changed from when to IF. and in IOS 10.2 we only have semi-tethered, which is a pain and just not very accessible to anyone anymore, you either need blobs to downgrade to a firmware that is jailbreakable or you have to stop updating and wait for a tool. Another sad thing is that the last 32-bit apple devices are left non-jailbroken due to ios 9.3.5 almost killing everything except for a blob downgrade. iphone 4 is technically the last circumstance where a true jailbreak will exist forever, same for ipod 4th and 3rd generation and the first ipad, any device essentially before 4th generation has a forever available jailbreak. While devices 4S and up are mostly left in the dark or very limited jb. Sad.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It is LITERALLY easier for some 75 year old dude to learn how to use CMD and xcopy/copy to transfer music and images to a microSD card for an Android device than to use iTunes. I mean in every update iTunes gets less responsive and less-user friendly.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: