iOS 10.2.1 Jailbreak Released

exit-iphone-recovery-mode-ios-10-update.png

A jailbreak for iOS 10.2.1 has finally arrived, after 7 and a half months, dubbed "Saïgon"
This jailbreak is still in beta!

It uses exploits from well-known iOS developers, including Ian Beer, Adam Donenfeld and Luca Todesco.
To install, you must sideload the .ipa file using Cydia Impactor, meaning you'll have to sideload it again every 7 days (Unless you have a developer account).
It's semi-untethered, meaning it requires you to launch the app to jailbreak your device upon every reboot.

Supported Devices
  • iPhone SE (10.2.1)​
  • iPhone 6/Plus (10.2.1)​
  • iPhone 6s/Plus (10.2.1)​
  • iPad Mini 4 (10.2.1) (Not tested)​
  • iPad Air 2 (10.2.1)​
  • iPhone 6s (10.3.1) (not yet)​
Installation
  1. Download the .ipa file and Cydia Impactor
  2. Open Cydia Impactor and connect your device​
  3. Drag the Saïgon.ipa file onto the Cydia Impactor window​
  4. Enter your Apple ID (email and password)​
  5. Open Settings → General → Profiles & Device Management​
  6. Trust the new certificate → open saïgon​
  7. Tap 'jailbreak' and enjoy!​

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
If Apple continues to use underpowered/older hardware, they will eventually become an irrelevant company.
This is true, but from what I have seen, they don't use updated hardware because the iOS doesn't consume as much resources as Android

Why use updated hardware and spend more if you can spend less on a bit outdated hardware, and make the software use that hardware well?

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
This is true, but from what I have seen, they don't use updated hardware because the iOS doesn't consume as much resources as Android

Why use updated hardware and spend more if you can spend less on a bit outdated hardware, and make the software use that hardware well?
Well, not sure if you missed my point; iOS devices are older hardware, and are overpriced.
Android and iOS aren't very far off from each other when it comes to Resource consumption
Stock Nougat and Oreo use roughly 200-300MB of RAM, and barely any CPU usage. The performance of your device depends on what apps
you're running; which goes for both Android and iOS. Also, resource consumption in Android is necessary. Apps that run in the background are able to start quickly, and it
doesn't affect Android's performance. Personally, Android's system for determining tasks to kill, hibernate, and keep running is quite impressive. Doze is an amazing system, that hibernates apps without killing them.
Keeps your device running smoothly, and reduces battery consumption.

iOS is poorly optimized in the battery department though. Since it uses a different method for process management.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Well, not sure if you missed my point; iOS devices are older hardware, and are overpriced.
Android and iOS aren't very far off from each other when it comes to Resource consumption
Stock Nougat and Oreo use roughly 200-300MB of RAM, and barely any CPU usage. The performance of your device depends on what apps
you're running; which goes for both Android and iOS. Also, resource consumption in Android is necessary. Apps that run in the background are able to start quickly, and it
doesn't affect Android's performance. Personally, Android's system for determining tasks to kill, hibernate, and keep running is quite impressive. Doze is an amazing system, that hibernates apps without killing them.
Keeps your device running smoothly, and reduces battery consumption.

iOS is poorly optimized in the battery department though. Since it uses a different method for process management.
I honestly like both, I have been using Android for 5 years, and iOS for 3(iPod). And I agree, Android has come a long way and done it amazingly well

Reactions: Dr.Hacknik

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm confused. How can iPhone hardware be old, when they use CUSTOM cpus that see updates with pretty much every other version (and at times tweaks between every new version...) iPhone 7 has a custom A10 SoC. I personally have a 6s, and it has a custom A9 SoC. Mine pretty much falls in line with the Samsung Exynos 8890 and Qualcomm Snapdragon 820.

Lack of RAM... well, that's not old hardware, just a lack of it...

No, @Dr.Hacknik, I can't agree with you on this one. The Mac lineup is absolutely overpriced for older hardware. You can choose to not like the iPhone hardware, but you can't call it old because it's not. Arguing performance requires unbiased benchmarks (like, you can't just benchmark a game that's optimized for nVidia-based chips and directly compare that with performance on an iPhone).

Last edited by urherenow,

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just waiting for Apple to remove the data jack next, so jailbreakers have nothing to work with. I believe all the web browser based jailbreakes are fixed, correct? They won't have an attack vector left, and wireless charging has been around forever it seems.
LUL, webkit has tons of vulnerabilities.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1