iOS 10.2.1 Jailbreak Released

exit-iphone-recovery-mode-ios-10-update.png

A jailbreak for iOS 10.2.1 has finally arrived, after 7 and a half months, dubbed "Saïgon"
This jailbreak is still in beta!

It uses exploits from well-known iOS developers, including Ian Beer, Adam Donenfeld and Luca Todesco.
To install, you must sideload the .ipa file using Cydia Impactor, meaning you'll have to sideload it again every 7 days (Unless you have a developer account).
It's semi-untethered, meaning it requires you to launch the app to jailbreak your device upon every reboot.

Supported Devices
  • iPhone SE (10.2.1)​
  • iPhone 6/Plus (10.2.1)​
  • iPhone 6s/Plus (10.2.1)​
  • iPad Mini 4 (10.2.1) (Not tested)​
  • iPad Air 2 (10.2.1)​
  • iPhone 6s (10.3.1) (not yet)​
Installation
  1. Download the .ipa file and Cydia Impactor
  2. Open Cydia Impactor and connect your device​
  3. Drag the Saïgon.ipa file onto the Cydia Impactor window​
  4. Enter your Apple ID (email and password)​
  5. Open Settings → General → Profiles & Device Management​
  6. Trust the new certificate → open saïgon​
  7. Tap 'jailbreak' and enjoy!​

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Everyone complains that their iPhone has updated to iOS 11. Unable to use the exploit.
iOS users have to use Exploits.... Android users don't....

Does this mean in this case, Android > iOS. Oh, wait~ That's most of the time anyways.

*Cough* Don't kill me *Cough*
I mean, some android phones do use exploits to at least install root/custom recovery...

Reactions: Deleted User

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
I mean, some android phones do use exploits to at least install root/custom recovery...
Some, but mostly because the Vendor (Cough Verizon Cough) lock the bootloader. But, for the most part any Android phone can be rooted easily. Google even supports Rooted devices, and actually allows it. They even encourage it, in some cases.

You clearly have never owned a high-end Android phone then.
Take the Pixel line up. They're obviously more powerful and feature rich than any iPhone model. Look, the iPhone 8 series still uses old hardware, and 2GB of RAM. Sheesh, talk about underpowered.
It's all part of Apple's scheme to keep customers hooked; making them urge and beg papa Apple to improve their devices. Why do you think users mindlessly cling to the newest model of an iPhone. Not because they're good, but because they're desperate to have the 'latest and greatest hardware.' Look, I am not hating; but Android Devices are cheaper, more powerful and up to date, and Android just seems like a better experience. What's so special about iOS devices? I don't see the advantage here.

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,
D

Deleted User

Some, but mostly because the Vendor (Cough Verizon Cough) lock the bootloader. But, for the most part any Android phone can be rooted easily. Google even supports Rooted devices, and actually allows it. They even encourage it, in some cases.
I can also say Apple supports jailbreaking because they don't actively try to stop it.
Take the Pixel line up. They're obviously more powerful and feature rich than any iPhone model. Look, the iPhone 8 series still uses old hardware, and 2GB of RAM. Sheesh, talk about underpowered.
Take about somebody who has never used an iPhone. An iPhone doesn't need 8GB of ram because the OS doesn't take up fucktons of resources.

There are very blatant things Apple has done that is bad about the iPhone, such as the bad launch of iOS 11 or the many flaws in engineering in the past but it feels like out of everything you are pulling stuff out of your ass.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's not make this thread into an iOS vs Android war. I actually want to hear about the jailbreak, and I don't want to get caught up in this fruitless war. Has anybody gotten this working with any of the "not tested" devices? I've seen people get it working on an iPhone 6S, but I've been trying for 2 days now with no success.

Reactions: Dr.Hacknik

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
I can also say Apple supports jailbreaking because they don't actively try to stop it.

Take about somebody who has never used an iPhone. An iPhone doesn't need 8GB of ram because the OS doesn't take up fucktons of resources.

There are very blatant things Apple has done that is bad about the iPhone, such as the bad launch of iOS 11 or the many flaws in engineering in the past but it feels like out of everything you are pulling stuff out of your ass.

First off, I have used an iPhone before, multiple times. I hated them, the experience, the performance. Everything about them. To be precise, it was the 5C, and I have used a 6.
Second, Apple doesn't deliberately go against Jailbreaking, but they do attempt to prevent it. What do you think the purpose of an exploit is? It's to use a flaw within a system, and take advantage of it.
This is considered a bad thing in the eyes of Apple, but when it comes to any Android device (Most); you don't need to run any sort of exploit. And Google isn't stopping you either.

Let's not make this thread into an iOS vs Android war. I actually want to hear about the jailbreak, and I don't want to get caught up in this fruitless war. Has anybody gotten this working with any of the "not tested" devices? I've seen people get it working on an iPhone 6S, but I've been trying for 2 days now with no success.

And finally a person with common sense, instead of stupid claims and opinions that can't be backed up properly.

D

Deleted User

iPhone SE works (let me find the /r/jailbreak post brb)

Reactions: Boogieboo6
D

Deleted User

First off, I have used an iPhone before, multiple times. I hated them, the experience, the performance. Everything about them. To be precise, it was the 5C, and I have used a 6.
I might as well call this a opinion that can not be backed up properly (whatever that means) but I won't because i'm a
person with common sense,
Second, Apple doesn't deliberately go against Jailbreaking, but they do attempt to prevent it. What do you think the purpose of an exploit is? It's to use a flaw within a system, and take advantage of it.
This is considered a bad thing in the eyes of Apple, but when it comes to any Android device (Most); you don't need to run any sort of exploit. And Google isn't stopping you either.
Well it might just be me but I would hope Apple patches these exploits. Exploits are not something I would want in a OS. But you are essentially telling me that Google is not stopping me from rooting my device? Why are there no root apps on the play store? All something like Kingoroot is doing is just running some commands totally accepted by the OS right? Can you prove this, I would like to know what you consider "google not stopping me".

And finally a person with common sense, instead of stupid claims and opinions that can't be backed up properly. Calm down dude

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Then why Google implemented SafetyNet(Reason why we have to use Magisk ;-; )
Reason being is because of security flaws. IE Android Pay. People can actually hack, and manipulate it. I understand why they have to do that. And I agree with it.

@VinLark:

The quoting seems to be broken lol

Sigh... Have you been on the PlayStore at all. There's hundreds of Verified applications that use Root. Also, I am not sure as to why they take down Rooting Applications. But it's so simple to even root your device. Just flash a Custom Recovery, Flash a Autoroot Zip, and you're done.

Look, I don't care if you use an iPhone, or if you use an Exploit. Google is less strict, Apple is not.
I prefer Android, if you prefer iOS that's fine.

If I came off as trying to shove anything in your face I apologize, but please; there is no need to fight over such a petty thing.
Pleasure speaking with you.

EDIT:

Also, forgot to mention. KingoRoot was actually quite useless. Seemed more like Malware and adWare than anything else. It hardly ever worked, or at all for that matter. I tried it on multiple devices. And just using ADB or TWRP was just far more easy.

D

Deleted User

Sigh... Have you been on the PlayStore at all. There's hundreds of Verified applications that use Root. Also, I am not sure as to why they take down Rooting Applications. But it's so simple to even root your device. Just flash a Custom Recovery, Flash a Autoroot Zip, and you're done.
I was talking about apps that root the phone. Not use root. There are apps in the app store that take advantage of having jailbreak, but none that jailbreak your device

D

Deleted User

I mean, you can just sideload emulators. It works on iOS 11 too
You don't even need to do that. There are MANY sites that offer already signed emulation apps, all you need to do is just click the download button.
Even before any good iOS emulators, which are far and few between.
While ios may not have something like Dolphin, all the emulators on iOS are really good. Nintendo library up to DS can be played and up to Mega drive can be played if i'm not mistaken. Quality emulators. You can also hook up controllers like the Wii or bluetooth controllers to play, like you can with android.

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
You don't even need to do that. There are MANY sites that offer already signed emulation apps, all you need to do is just click the download button.

While ios may not have something like Dolphin, all the emulators on iOS are really good. Nintendo library up to DS can be played and up to Mega drive can be played if i'm not mistaken. Quality emulators. You can also hook up controllers like the Wii or bluetooth controllers to play, like you can with android.
I am aware. But, I just hate people who boast about it; plus people who say something like this .... "Hey my iPhone can play Gameboy games (GBA), bet your Android Samsung shit device can't do that!" And that was an actual quote. Not saying you're like that person, yet my point being is that Android has emulators forever. Both stable, and ripoff ones. Then iOS, you have to use an exploit just to get an emulator and pray to god you don't get a Security Patch, or if Apple pulls it from your phone.

Sorry, but I don't worry about anything nor annoyed about anything when it comes to Android. iOS and Apple is a hassle that I can't deal with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1