Not open for further replies.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
ive had a9lh on my 3ds for a while now and im wondering is it illegal since it breaks nintedo terms of service not that i care anyways

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
No, it's not illegal

Yes, it breaks Nintendo's Terms of Service

Side notes:

ToS doesn't matter unless your console is still under warranty period, since modifying it would break it

Modifying it isn't illegal, using it for piracy is, but Nintendo wouldn't/cant take action unless you're blatantly stupid.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
No, it's not illegal

Yes, it breaks Nintendo's Terms of Service

Side notes:

ToS doesn't matter unless your console is still under warranty period, since modifying it would break it

Modifying it isn't illegal, using it for piracy is, but Nintendo wouldn't/cant take action unless you're blatantly stupid.
so does it mean if you were to brick a console they won't fix it even if you pay money for it to be fixed im sure you could just say it turned of when updating though

D

Deleted User

Hacking or modifying your 3DS in any way is perfectly legal. However, it does violate Nintendo's Terms of Service, and thus voids your warranty if it's still in effect.
Piracy, however, is illegal.

Reactions: Osakasan

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
so does it mean if you were to brick a console they won't fix it even if you pay money for it to be fixed im sure you could just say it turned of when updating though
Sure, they can fix it, but iirc in the Wii era they would ask for extra money if they detected modifications. Not sure what would they do with the 3DS.

D

Deleted User

1. If you had a NAND backup, you could unbrick yourself.
2. They would just replace the console if you bricked it and sent it to them.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
with a9lh your safe from bricks as long as the partion where a9lh is stored is not corrupted so you can only brick by installing a new a9lh version wrong

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
with a9lh your safe from bricks as long as the partion where a9lh is stored is not corrupted so you can only brick by installing a new a9lh version wrong
You can't brick unless you're an idiot and don't follow guides like they state(for the regular user)
And it's perfectly legal

Last edited by Davidosky99,

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh wow in my area they straight up denied official customer service.

Here in spain it was like that. The warranty would be declared void, and if it was already expired the repair would cost extra. A friend of mine was stupid enough to send it without deleting every single trace of homebrew after the warranty expired.

There were also stories of Nintendo refusing to repair the machine. In any case, is the reason i repaired my 3DS by myself over and over again after getting my emunand working.

Reactions: ImCarlosGG

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
thing is would nintedo be allowed to make an update thet purposely bricks your 3ds if it has hacks installed on it because they say some thing like that in the terms

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
thing is would nintedo be allowed to make an update thet purposely bricks your 3ds if it has hacks installed on it because they say some thing like that in the terms
They can't touch your SD contents , it's against the law. And the only way to fuck with a9lh with luma3ds firm protection enabled is to overwrite/delete arm9loaderhax.bin which is illegal. They can't really do anything

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
are game bans a thing though i found a way to cheat on mk7 by using the custom tracks online with normal players it works and allows you to go ahead of players and other people will think your teleporting around the track

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
are game bans a thing though i found a way to cheat on mk7 by using the custom tracks online with normal players it works and allows you to go ahead of players and other people will think your teleporting around the track

First off that's super uncool, cheating ruins the fun for everyone, including yourself (where's the challenge anymore if you just win?). Second off they are, without doubt, a thing and even running on an emunand won't let you get around them. Don't force nintendo to crack down on users just because you want to win rather than play.

source: check out the badge arcade cheating threads, console bans are very real

Last edited by marksteele,

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
First off that's super uncool, cheating ruins the fun for everyone, including yourself (where's the challenge anymore if you just win?). Second off they are, without doubt, a thing and even running on an emunand won't let you get around them. Don't force nintendo to crack down on users just because you want to win rather than play.

source: check out the badge arcade cheating threads, console bans are very real
well people say using hacked pokemon onlines not okay because the other people had to breed and your just getting your pokemon in a few mins and yet people think thats okay

brigcaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well, they sure are a thing for Smash :rofl2:

136-625x350.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge