Homebrew IronHax & YoutubeHax - FREE HOMEBREW!!!

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I was going through Smealum's twitter and noticed he gets some of the same nonsense we get here. People asking if they should update from 9.2 <. Why don't people understand homebrew is homebrew, and the purpose of nh2.0/ironhax is solely for the people who were unfortunate enough to update beyond 9.2? Not to mention lower fw has greater options. I feel like most of the endusers are too inept to even be using homebrew.

Reactions: Kajiarashi Suzaku

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Still haven't updated from my 9.5.0-22U, is Ironfall still there on the eShop? Has Smea surfaced any truths about needing a physical Cubic Ninja OR Ocarina of Time + Savedongle?

Also, since Ironfall is a free game, can't it be shared as a file to copy over to anyone's SD card? Does it need to be "installed" through the eShop in order to show up in 3DS's home menu? It would be a given if I could, in fact, have Ironfall on my card without the need to update into 9.9 in order to be able to access the eShop =/
Free games have same security features as paid games.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TL;DR last few pages so if we have a CN or OOT and we are on 9.2 or less and we install the ironfall demo CIA

then can we use ironfall to launch NH1 or just NH2 or NH3?
and is the persistent explout just ironfall demo or is there something else coming?
i don't really get how it's that useful for 9.2 and below anyways since we could just use RXtools or another CFW instead and get supported emunand

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TL;DR last few pages so if we have a CN or OOT and we are on 9.2 or less and we install the ironfall demo CIA

then can we use ironfall to launch NH1 or just NH2 or NH3?
and is the persistent explout just ironfall demo or is there something else coming?
i don't really get how it's that useful for 9.2 and below anyways since we could just use RXtools or another CFW instead and get supported emunand
Quoted Smealum twitter posts to answer your last question:
"smea ‏@smealum 7h7 hours ago

@derpyorigins the entire point of ironhax is to make homebrew accessible to more people. those who stay on 9.2 clearly already have homebrew"

"
smea ‏@smealum 7h7 hours ago

a few things : it's obviously going to be called ironhax. sorry for JPN but you got eshop CN. sorry to 9.2 users but you have other stuff."

Kajiarashi Suzaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As Smealum said, Japanse Eshop has CN (which is official price?!) so...
In the E-shop the CN cannot be downloaded. :/
webcam-toy-foto1.jpg

LordStarkiller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we all can agree that Smea has been quite cryptic in his tweets. I personally think all we can really do is monitor his account and wait for the instructions to come next week before the game in inevitably pulled cause once he does Nintendo isn't gonna waste any time so those who can get Ironfall now while it's still up.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cubic Ninja is unavailable on the JP eShop.
Then someone with Twitter acc should correct Smealum so he may find another way to support Japan homebrew scene!

"
smea ‏@smealum 8h8 hours ago

a few things : it's obviously going to be called ironhax. sorry for JPN but you got eshop CN. sorry to 9.2 users but you have other stuff.
"

Edit Note: I don't know how Jpn Eshop works, I just got the idea about CN Eshop from Smealum's Twitter post.

Reactions: Kajiarashi Suzaku

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Then someone with Twitter acc should correct Smealum so he may find another way to support Japan homebrew scene!

"
smea ‏@smealum 8h8 hours ago

a few things : it's obviously going to be called ironhax. sorry for JPN but you got eshop CN. sorry to 9.2 users but you have other stuff.
"
What I think Smealum meant is that Japanese owners had a limited chance to get an eshop hb launcher just as EU/US are getting their limited chance now.

Reactions: tivu100

ar4757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I think Smealum meant is that Japanese owners had a limited chance to get an eshop hb launcher just as EU/US are getting their limited chance now.
Correctomento, Smealums point was that the lucky few who got CN on JP eshop never have to carry around a CN cartridge for their homebrew needs

Mr. Prince

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I'm happy that people who are 9.6+ can finally have the chance to use homebrew (And possibly cfw later), but this was letdown for me. I thought this would be a new exploit that would allow the shit that Wii could do. Like I'm seriously more excited for tdvs.

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im hoping this turns into an alternate way to launch gateway that way i dont have to use the mset exploit and i can play ds and gba .cia files on sysnand via one of the cfws

also for those who care i downloaded ironfall on 9.0 sysnand using gateway sysnand mode and installing the freemultipatcher tool via dev menu .3ds

Edit: I'm sorry guys apparently im retarded. It'll launch on gateway sysnand but just hangs on the 3ds logo on normal sysnand.

Last edited by codychaosx,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm busy now, so I don't have time to read through the thread, so I apologize if this has been stated already. I read somewhere else that people are saying that you MUST be on 9.5 or higher to run Ironfall. I'm here to say that it simply isn't true. It runs just fine on 9.2 with proper firmware spoofing. For example, it runs on 9.2 sysnand in Gateway mode. So... how is it useful for people who can already run said CFW with the firmware spoofing?

Easy. If you can run it using a method that doesn't use CN (like Gateway using MSET) and you don't even have CN, then this may be a way for you to enjoy stuff only released as .3dsx. If you're on 4.5, you'll need to update to 9.0~9.2 with files downloaded with 3dnus, minus MSET.

Last edited by urherenow,

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm busy now, so I don't have time to read through the thread, so I apologize if this has been stated already. I read somewhere else that people are saying that you MUST be on 9.5 or higher to run Ironfall. I'm here to say that it simply isn't true. It runs just fine on 9.2 with proper firmware spoofing. For example, it runs on 9.2 sysnand in Gateway mode. So... how is it useful for people who can already run said CFW with the firmware spoofing?

Easy. If you can run it using a method that doesn't use CN (like Gateway using MSET) and you don't even have CN, then this may be a way for you to enjoy stuff only released as .3dsx. If you're on 4.5, you'll need to update to 9.0~9.2 with files downloaded with 3dnus, minus MSET.

Actually the thing was 1 person said it ran on his sysnand on a 9.0 New 3DS. But after he came back and explained he was using Pasta cfw with firmlaunch. So this defeated the purpose of anyone downloading it to their sysnand in hopes to launch the HB channel without their cubic or OoT carts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok