Introducing NINJHAX - A Nintendo 3DS Homebrew Exploit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicjam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the guys who can't find it think outside of the box. There are store here in the US that sale games in a very small section just to make a little extra cash. I saw rockband for the ps3 for $5 at a store that usually sale items that didn't sold well or over stocked or discontinued, or what ever reason. Try those stores you might find one!

thenotoriousrod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a question....how were some people able to guess the game before it was announced. I even saw smea trying to debunk rumors of it being CN on his twitter...

thenotoriousrod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R
there is no proof they did.

Well maybe no concrete proof...but I've seen people say they bought the game early on because they picked up on certain hints which led them to the conclusion that it was CN. I don't think anybody is lame enough to lie about that... At least I hope.

I'm just wondering what those hints are and how they managed to guess?

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a question....how were some people able to guess the game before it was announced. I even saw smea trying to debunk rumors of it being CN on his twitter...

Those idiots ruined the exploits release bro instead of announcing the game out in the open I would have dm people that asked so Nintendo doesn't see what game it is

enigma85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R

Well maybe no concrete proof...but I've seen people say they bought the game early on because they picked up on certain hints which led them to the conclusion that it was CN. I don't think anybody is lame enough to lie about that... At least I hope.

I'm just wondering what those hints are and how they managed to guess?

if you followed smeal's twitter he said he was gonna announce the game a few days before the 22nd. I'm sure some people guessed but some people just knew too. Everyone that says they were waiting till the 22nd misread smeal's tweets. the files are being released on the 22nd.

Vorago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grabbed another at a local Gamestop for $5 last night, this time with original case :) Going to give away the loose cart to a friend before he pays a POS scalper some outrageous extortionate price.

You were just in time, too. It looks like GameStop has hiked the price of a used copy of Cubic Ninja up to $40!

dKgdz8b.png

Reactions: thenotoriousrod

vulp_vibes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smea's hints regarding its price and availability narrowed it down to a small set of games, plus some fun speculations like sss standing for shinobi x shinobi x shinobi (ninja cubed), but for me personally it was when he asked people to make him a webpage for his exploit, one had sample text vaguely detailing the instructions to install it, and one bit of text in the instructions was less vague: "Hit 'play' and your 3ds will say that it is updating." I watched gameplay videos that started from booting the cart for the few games it was narrowed down to and only cubic ninja had a "play" option on its main menu. quite a stretch (and a killer wait since the end of august to see if I had bought the right game) but it paid off haha

Reactions: thenotoriousrod

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You were just in time, too. It looks like GameStop has hiked the price of a used copy of Cubic Ninja up to $40!

dKgdz8b.png

Well, now it's not just scalpers that are inflating the price, but GameStop is getting a piece of the action, too?

This is disgusting. GameStop is trying to profit from smealum's work. I cannot believe this.

Reactions: cvskid
D

Deleted-355425

CEX in the UK did the same £5 up to £60 now LOL they are making money off of homebrew!

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Holy crap! Yeah I reserved it online for store pickup Tuesday afternoon, but didn't pick up until last night before closing. The confirmation email that they send states "current store pricing applies", so I was nervous that they were going to say "That'll be $50 sir" lol. They must have jacked the price up this morning.. ridiculous!

minexew

ayy lmao
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, now it's not just scalpers that are inflating the price, but GameStop is getting a piece of the action, too?

This is disgusting. GameStop is trying to profit from smealum's work. I cannot believe this.

You've never ran a business, have you?

Reactions: Joe88

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's at most one or two copies per state now. Prior to Monday it was a crappy game no one wanted with plenty of stock. Now all of a sudden they only have a couple copies and high demand. Probably if you go to the store and they have a $5 price tag still on it, you could ask a manager to honor it.

E: Also, doesn't that make the trade in value around $20-$25 now?

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just found a copy for sale at 4.99$ , went to buy it and the GS employee scanned it and said it was 39.99$, Ill wait for now .

vulp_vibes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's at most one or two copies per state now. Prior to Monday it was a crappy game no one wanted with plenty of stock. Now all of a sudden they only have a couple copies and high demand. Probably if you go to the store and they have a $5 price tag still on it, you could ask a manager to honor it.

E: Also, doesn't that make the trade in value around $20-$25 now?
YLZswXa.jpg

one would think so

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have. Honorably. Without intentionally buying up a product that I had nothing to do with, then gouging people to the bone, profiting off of other people's hard work. I have morals and ethics.
As have I. One thing a lot of people seem to have a problem is that they seem to equate legal with moral. As if something that was illegal was instantly immoral, and something that's legal is perfectly fine.

If a company is doing something immoral, but perfectly legal, that doesn't mean you can't still call them out for it. Yes, a business can use all the legal dirty tricks in the books to make money, but that doesn't mean they aren't doing legal dirty tricks or that they're even deserving of your money. </rant>

On topic, if a game suddenly becomes rare and demand is high, then the prices go up. It wouldn't be right if there were loads of copies available, but since there are so few copies, it makes a lot more sense to raise the price. But to raise it that much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3