Homebrew Install legit .cia in 11.4.0-37E without cfw,gw...

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I feel like this is some kind of child that just want ″fre3 g4m3s″ an repeats every question
Im sorry
What ?...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

FreeShop as a .3dsx file is easy and safe.
Freeshop is better then download legit .cia from google and install It with freeshop ? Or CIAangel is better ?

Who's method is the best ? ciangel, freeshop or .cia from google with fbi ?

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok so it's better to download games from nintendos servers so freeshop is better but freeshop install legit .cia ?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
And a lot of people told that It's due of CFW
Bans aren't due to CFW, they are due to what you DO with the CFW. Getting banned for just having CFW is rarer than getting hit by lightning or a meteor, seriously, just backup your private seed and use a public one if you are that afraid, then even getting banned will do nothing, as you can restore the seed and unban yourself!

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Bans aren't due to CFW, they are due to what you DO with the CFW. Getting banned for just having CFW is rarer than getting hit by lightning or a meteor, seriously, just backup your private seed and use a public one if you are that afraid, then even getting banned will do nothing, as you can restore the seed and unban yourself!
Ok thanks but what's "private seed" ???

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay to sum things up.

Nintendo is doing their best to detect piracy and ban pirates from online play, without any false positives.

NO one is sure about their methods.

If you play pirated software with the wi-fi on, you risk a ban, because the name of it is sent to nintendo. Even if the game has no online support, nintendo is still informed.

If you use homebrew CIAs, such as freeshop while online, you also risk a ban, for the same reason. Note that freeshop requires that you be online ot be of any use.

If you use a sky3ds/Stargate cart with a public seed, you are definitely going to get banned from online play sooner or later. This was one of their first ban tricks.

Using sky3ds with a private header from your real copy of the cart you still own to play online is believed safe. As far as they can tell, it's your legit cart.

Running unsigned CIAs is believed safe if you are not connected to the internet. Be sure to load something legit before you turn the wifi back on.

Installing a legit cia with fbi.3dxs and Rosalina is believed safe, because there is no way for nintendo to prove you didn't just system transfer it over. :).

Running .3dsx files through Rosalina is believed safe, because it shows up to Nintendo as Download Play (suggested choice).

Using other hax to run the homebrew launcher is also believed safe, but then you can't run the .3dsx version of freeshop.

If you do not intend to play online, a ban from online play does not matter.

If you do intend to play online, it's recommended to only play legit stuff while on the internet. :)

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay to sum things up.

Nintendo is doing their best to detect piracy and ban pirates from online play, without any false positives.

NO one is sure about their methods.

If you play pirated software with the wi-fi on, you risk a ban, because the name of it is sent to nintendo. Even if the game has no online support, nintendo is still informed.

If you use homebrew CIAs, such as freeshop while online, you also risk a ban, for the same reason. Note that freeshop requires that you be online ot be of any use.

If you use a sky3ds/Stargate cart with a public seed, you are definitely going to get banned from online play sooner or later. This was one of their first ban tricks.

Using sky3ds with a private header from your real copy of the cart you still own to play online is believed safe. As far as they can tell, it's your legit cart.

Running unsigned CIAs is believed safe if you are not connected to the internet. Be sure to load something legit before you turn the wifi back on.

Installing a legit cia with fbi.3dxs and Rosalina is believed safe, because there is no way for nintendo to prove you didn't just system transfer it over. :).

Running .3dsx files through Rosalina is believed safe, because it shows up to Nintendo as Download Play (suggested choice).

Using other hax to run the homebrew launcher is also believed safe, but then you can't run the .3dsx version of freeshop.

If you do not intend to play online, a ban from online play does not matter.

If you do intend to play online, it's recommended to only play legit stuff while on the internet. :)
Ok thanks for your answer, but why everybody told me that download games with freeshop is without ban risk ? And me I would like download a lot of games and play online with all this games ? So the best method is install legit .cia with fbi and after I can play online ? And Ciangel is like download .cia legit from internet ? And freeshop ?

Last edited by Pokpoko,

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I founded a new 3ds xl on 9.9 version so I don't will do CFW so what's the best method without ban risk : freeshop, fbi with ciangel or fbi with legit .cia from internet ?

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
And on 9.0.0-20e can I install fbi, homebrew launcher, freeshop,... ? Please answer all my (and the 2 previous questions) questions, I would like know

Thanks a lot for all your help !!!

Last edited by Pokpoko,

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the bit about freshopping being risk free was old information, back before nintendo started watching their logs.

but if it's the 3dsx version, then it is safe to run because nintendo sees it as download play.

it's not running freeshop itself that''s the issue, but running *any* unsigned CIA while online. It's not a guaranteed ban, but it's most likely how they can tell.

People with NNIDs (required for online play) get more scrutiny, because they are the ones actually inconvenienced by the ban.

PS: there's a very simple way for nintendo to catch cfw. I'm not going to mention what it is, because i don't want to give them any ideas. It can be implemented with a firmware update, and if we know that they are doing it, we can work around it. I will say no more on it, except to an actual dev.

Last edited by Zaphod77,

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the bit about freshopping being risk free was old information, back before nintendo started watching their logs.

but if it's the 3dsx version, then it is safe to run because nintendo sees it as download play.

it's not running freeshop itself that''s the issue, but running *any* unsigned CIA while online. It's not a guaranteed ban, but it's most likely how they can tell.

People with NNIDs (required for online play) get more scrutiny, because they are the ones actually inconvenienced by the ban.

PS: there's a very simple way for nintendo to catch cfw. I'm not going to mention what it is, because i don't want to give them any ideas. It can be implemented with a firmware update, and if we know that they are doing it, we can work around it. I will say no more on it, except to an actual dev.
So I should use freeshop (on 9.0 or on 9.9)because he download legit cia ? And what's freshopping ?

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'd just install CFW. Especially when it's very easy on 9.0.
Trust us, you're better off using CFW anyways as legit cias are from the stoneage age now. They were commonly used so that if people accidentally updated to 9.3 back in the day, they still had the games. A9LH wasn't even a thing yet, let alone B9S.

Just install B9S and you're fine.
https://www.3ds.guide

The site is available in French.

Last edited by thekarter104,

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'd just install CFW. Especially when it's very easy on 9.0.
Trust us, you're better off using CFW anyways as legit cias are from the stoneage age now. They were commonly used so that if people accidentally updated to 9.3 back in the day, they still had the games. A9LH wasn't even a thing yet, let alone B9S.

Just install B9S and you're fine.
https://www.3ds.guide

The site is available in French.
Ok but I have 4 antoher questions (please answer It)

1) ciangel with fbi is like freeshop, the same method to install games from servers of nintendos,same level risk of ban,... ?(No matter which one is the most convenient and easy to use)

2) If I can download games with ciangel or freeshop without CFW (with freeshop.cia), why I should do it ?

3) And half of the people say that with CFW we get banned easily ( if is there a banwave) and the other half say that there is a very little chance ?

4) And without CFW, I'm less likely to be banned?

I'm a little lost...

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok but I have 4 antoher questions (please answer It)

1) ciangel with fbi is like freeshop, the same method to install games from servers of nintendos,same level risk of ban,... ?(No matter which one is the most convenient and easy to use)

2) If I can download games with ciangel or freeshop without CFW (with freeshop.cia), why I should do it ?

3) And half of the people say that with CFW we get banned easily ( if is there a banwave) and the other half say that there is a very little chance ?

4) And without CFW, I'm less likely to be banned?

I'm a little lost...

There's always a chance to get banned when Nintendo detects any homebrew usage.
I don't know if you can delete game history, but I suggest disable everything that can share with Nintendo. Sometimes a game asks you to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know burnt pizza can be pretty bad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna download sonic generations to my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How do you put games on there? Does it have like a game store on the ps3?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black market store
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, download a pkg file, put it in a usb or a sd card, put the usb or sd card to ps3, turn on ps3hen, go to install game, install the game
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yea that's same with me, was just curious. Coolio
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao my keyboard decided to randomly die
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its prob your new router interfering w it