Homebrew Install legit .cia in 11.4.0-37E without cfw,gw...

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's always a chance to get banned when Nintendo detects any homebrew usage.
I don't know if you can delete game history, but I suggest disable everything that can share with Nintendo. Sometimes a game asks you to.
But ciangel with fbi is like freeshop, the same method to install games from servers of nintendos,same level risk of ban,... ?(No matter which one is the most convenient and easy to use)

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue is not that it downloads from nintendo's servers.

the issue is that if you run freeshop.cia, your 3ds reports to nintendo that you are running freeshop, by name.

if you run ciangel.cia, then it tells nintendo you are running that program by name.

But if you use CFW to run the homebrew launcher, nintendo gets told you you ran Download Play.

if you then run the homebrew .3dsx version of freeshop, nintendo does NOT detect that. they just see that download play was started.

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The issue is not that it downloads from nintendo's servers.

the issue is that if you run freeshop.cia, your 3ds reports to nintendo that you are running freeshop, by name.

if you run ciangel.cia, then it tells nintendo you are running that program by name.

But if you use CFW to run the homebrew launcher, nintendo gets told you you ran Download Play.

if you then run the homebrew .3dsx version of freeshop, nintendo does NOT detect that. they just see that download play was started.
But nintendo detect easily CFW ? So It's better to download games without CFW ?

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they do not directly detect CFW yet.

they instead detect things you can't do without it.

for example if you are running a cia that they do not have themselves while connected to the internet, you MUST have cfw, because there's no way to do that without it.

homebrew can be started without it (oot3dhax, for example).

so running homebrew itself is not an issue.

Playing non purchased cias online is simply not as safe as it was believed. Playing CIAs that aren't supposed to exist while online is not safe.

the ban for this is not automatic. nintendo has to go through their logs, and make the call.

they mostly ban people who play pokemon online without paying for it it seems. :)

in other words they try to decide if it would inconvenience you a lot if you were banned.

people who freeshop without a NNID are usually ignored, because the ban wouldn't even affect them one bit. Bt if they buy a legit game and start laying nline, well then there's a reason to ban them.

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
they do not directly detect CFW yet.

they instead detect things you can't do without it.

for example if you are running a cia that they do not have themselves while connected to the internet, you MUST have cfw, because there's no way to do that without it.

homebrew can be started without it (oot3dhax, for example).

so running homebrew itself is not an issue.

Playing non purchased cias online is simply not as safe as it was believed. Playing CIAs that aren't supposed to exist while online is not safe.

the ban for this is not automatic. nintendo has to go through their logs, and make the call.

they mostly ban people who play pokemon online without paying for it it seems. :)

in other words they try to decide if it would inconvenience you a lot if you were banned.

people who freeshop without a NNID are usually ignored, because the ban wouldn't even affect them one bit. Bt if they buy a legit game and start laying nline, well then there's a reason to ban them.
So If I understand, I should install games without have a NNID and never buy games ? And one of my favourites games is pokemon so I can't play with pokemon online because I will be are banned ? And I don't understand why you tell : "CIAs that aren't supposed to exist" because If I download It with freeshop they exist ?

Last edited by Pokpoko,

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can dump a cart an convert it to a cia.

then you have a cia of a game no tin the e-shop.

that's a cia tha't snot supposed to exist.

as long as you use the 3dsx version of freeshop, and turn off the wi-fi hwen you play stuff from there, you souhdl be fine.

if you want to play online, it's safest to buy the game. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

that said. there are some pokemon "legit cias"

if you download and use fbi (.3dxs version from CFW) to install, those ARE safe. THey are signed by nintendo with a universal key to work on all consoles.

if you install them whiel offline, ou can then run something else kegit, go online, and then play them.

TL;DR: when available if you want to play online, legit CIAs are good. but we aren't allowed to link to them here. They can be safely installed on a hacked 3ds and played online without risk of a ban.

Reactions: Pokpoko

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can dump a cart an convert it to a cia.

then you have a cia of a game no tin the e-shop.

that's a cia tha't snot supposed to exist.

as long as you use the 3dsx version of freeshop, and turn off the wi-fi hwen you play stuff from there, you souhdl be fine.

if you want to play online, it's safest to buy the game. :)
Ok thanks for your help, so I think I will download freeshop.cia or with ciangel and I will install games and I will uninstall fresshop (or ciangel) and after I will play online but not always... And you how do you play with your 3ds (If you have one)(I will receive my new 3ds xl on monday)

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ummm...

her's the deal.

step 1. follow 3ds.uide to ack the 3ds.
step 2. find legit cia downloads for pokemon games you want to play online. or buy them from the eshop.
step 3. use download play to launch homebrew to launch fbi.3dsx to install the legit cias that you copied onto your sdcard. only needed if you didn't buy the games.
step 4. update them if needed through eshop
step 5. play.

only use 3dsx version of freeshop or fbi to hide them from nintendo.

if you want to play something that wold not work without cfw, turn off the wi-fi before starting it. this means you cannot play online.

playing pirated 3ds software while connected to the internet risks a ban.

Reactions: DaTank45

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ummm...

her's the deal.

step 1. follow 3ds.uide to ack the 3ds.
step 2. find legit cia downloads for pokemon games you want to play online. or buy them from the eshop.
step 3. use download play to launch homebrew to launch fbi.3dsx to install the legit cias that you copied onto your sdcard. only needed if you didn't buy the games.
step 4. update them if needed through eshop
step 5. play.

only use 3dsx version of freeshop or fbi to hide them from nintendo.

if you want to play something that wold not work without cfw, turn off the wi-fi before starting it. this means you cannot play online.

playing pirated 3ds software while connected to the internet risks a ban.
But I can't install freeshop.3dsx without CFW ?

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So to summarize what is the best method of downloading games WITHOUT BAN RISK WITH PLAYING ONLINE :

CFW with freeshop (but is there banwave)
ciangel with fbi (but is there also a risk)
fbi with cia from internet (but is there also a risk)
freeshop.cia with fbi (but is there also a risk)

What's the method with the lest risk ? (me I think It's the ciangel or internet cia with fbi)

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
correct. you need cfw to run .3dsx version of fbi or freeshop.

you cannot use normal homebrew hax.

installing cfw itself won't get you banned yet. Nintendo isn't quite that good.

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So to summarize what is the best method of downloading games WITHOUT BAN RISK WITH PLAYING ONLINE :

CFW with freeshop (but is there banwave)
ciangel with fbi (but is there also a risk)
fbi with cia from internet (but is there also a risk)
freeshop.cia with fbi (but is there also a risk)

What's the method with the lest risk ? (me I think It's the ciangel or internet cia with fbi)

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zero risk, to the best of my knowledge.
cfw+fbi.3dsx+legit cia (but none for ultra sun and moon yet)

As long as they are not played with wi-fi on, i believe cfw+freeshop.3dsx to be safe. Only legit or purchased cias are safe to play with wi-fi on.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just fbi is needed for legit cia. you don't get them from ciangel. you find them elsewhere on the internet.

use google.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...