Homebrew Injecting roms into VC? With only the web browser? Sure.

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err, this is a tough one. Yifan stated his exploit will use rohax in one of his stages, so updating would not allow me to launch boot.3dsx. Then again, I mostly enjoy homebrew for retro games. If only I could use spidertools to back-up my sysNAND, update, try, and go back. Or even just open eShop with a lower firmware to get a VC game. I'm in another pickle being 8.1.

Well, that's a lot like me then :P! The whole reason I even wanted a ds flashcart(I never actually got one :P, besides an action replay dsi) was to run pokemon yellow!

Reactions: Slushie3DS

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you ever figure out if the Virtual Console comes prepacked with the firmware, or if it comes prepacked based on your download? If it comes with the firmware, I bet you can use the tool in this link for a more in depth dump of an application running the VC to figure out how it is initialized. If you can figure that out, it may be possible to initialize it with the binary instead of opening the application manually.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=mENkf7Ba

March_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
for those with zelda DX. this is what i used. it loads a rom.gbc from root. also hard coded to load 1mb, so larger roms wont work, and im not sure how it will handle smaller ones either. you could always pad the file to 1m,b if it wont work.

https://www.mediafire.com/?18c6du4scc77mku

erf.

I've try with links awakening DX french VC and pokemon yellow FR rom, the VC only load and execute links awakening DX :/

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
erf.

I've try with links awakening DX french VC and pokemon yellow FR rom, the VC only load and execute links awakening DX :/

did you do it like this?

open VC
tap bottom screen
hit reset
hit yes then hit home button right after so it suspends the second it starts to reset.
then run code.bin

jon2491

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't get it working in SMB Deluxe. Tried Pokémon Yellow, Mario Land 2, and Zelda Oracle Of Ages.

March_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
did you do it like this?

open VC
tap bottom screen
hit reset
hit yes then hit home button right after so it suspends the second it starts to reset.
then run code.bin

Yep :/
And it definitivly don't load pokemon yellow, but links awakening

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Loading to Kid Icarus VC (128k) works fine with provided nes.rom as well as relocating code.bin to custom name GB.bin with my HTML loader.
Tennis (32kb) - works
Mr.Do which is 64kb - tiles are partly trashed but game is working.
Paragon5 music cart - tiles are partly trashed, no sound, hangs on track change.

In fact, projectpokemon contains exactly the same LoadCode.dat code injected into native GateWay html. So in case my version of exploit proved not working under 9.3/9.4 I suggest someone with those firmware version PM me for debugging please.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I must be doing something wrong, because I've tried a million times to load both the OP's code.bin and KazoWAR's code.bin, and every time I try, it just loads the original VC title. I'm using loadcode.projectpokemon.org but I seem to be missing something.

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I must be doing something wrong, because I've tried a million times to load both the OP's code.bin and KazoWAR's code.bin, and every time I try, it just loads the original VC title. I'm using loadcode.projectpokemon.org but I seem to be missing something.

No idea why this worked for me but, i had the same problem. Followed correct steps, no dice, then i deleted my internet browser save, did OP's steps, with same files again, and magically worked. Got the tetris game to work. Also tested Super mario land over Super Mario Land 2 and Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land. Crashed on sml2, loaded the title screen on sml3, but after pressing start it white screened. So gonna keep testing.

Also on 9.4U 3DSXL

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea why this worked for me but, i had the same problem. Followed correct steps, no dice, then i deleted my internet browser save, did OP's steps, with same files again, and magically worked. Got the tetris game to work. Also tested Super mario land over Super Mario Land 2 and Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land. Crashed on sml2, loaded the title screen on sml3, but after pressing start it white screened. So gonna keep testing.

Make sure to submit tests to google forms(in first post :P)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.