Hacking I'm coming back to Vita after years...what are my options?

Xcyper33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last question: Is there a way I can be actively alerted whenever a new exploit game is released for 3.55? Directly sent to my email so I can buy it ASAP?

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll hijack this thread, rather than make my own, since my situation is pretty close to OP's (before he updated his vita lol).

I had some interest in vita hacking about a year ago, so I'm on 3.15 and I have the patapon 2 hack installed and working (I believe TNV is working, I get the PSP main menu, and I remember some white-on-black text for a "total noob" menu or something). I also still have a ps3 that I can use if necessary. I never actually got around to loading any isos or homebrew for the psp on there though, I lost interest. And I recall at the time that for PSX iso loading, I needed a separate ps1 game, so that's not working either.

Now I'm coming back, and it seems like there's more options. The advice in this thread is not to update to 3.55 or 3.51 or any version past 3.18 (again, I'm on 3.15, not sure if the difference between 3.15 and 3.18 is significant enough to bother going through the complicated [and therefore risky] "select an update" process). I've found http://wololo.net/rejuvenate-ps-vita/, and I've found https://gbatemp.net/threads/3-55-tn...previous-hack-necessary-ps-tv-or-vita.399955/, but I haven't found a modern guide for 3.18 users.

If anyone has a guide that can get me running ps1 games, psp isos & homebrew (I guess I'd like to update TNV, my version is "3.18 TN-V10"), and anything else available, that'd be swell.

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I'll hijack this thread, rather than make my own, since my situation is pretty close to OP's (before he updated his vita lol).

I had some interest in vita hacking about a year ago, so I'm on 3.15 and I have the patapon 2 hack installed and working (I believe TNV is working, I get the PSP main menu, and I remember some white-on-black text for a "total noob" menu or something). I also still have a ps3 that I can use if necessary. I never actually got around to loading any isos or homebrew for the psp on there though, I lost interest. And I recall at the time that for PSX iso loading, I needed a separate ps1 game, so that's not working either.

Now I'm coming back, and it seems like there's more options. The advice in this thread is not to update to 3.55 or 3.51 or any version past 3.18 (again, I'm on 3.15, not sure if the difference between 3.15 and 3.18 is significant enough to bother going through the complicated [and therefore risky] "select an update" process). I've found http://wololo.net/rejuvenate-ps-vita/, and I've found https://gbatemp.net/threads/3-55-tn...previous-hack-necessary-ps-tv-or-vita.399955/, but I haven't found a modern guide for 3.18 users.

If anyone has a guide that can get me running ps1 games, psp isos & homebrew (I guess I'd like to update TNV, my version is "3.18 TN-V10"), and anything else available, that'd be swell.

im not sure i dont have any experience with a vita that low as for updating tnv just install Qcma if you havent already and backup your TNV_00000 folder then download the latest one copy the contents into your TNV_00000 folder then reload the Qcma database and copy it to your vita that should update tnv manually but im sure with tnv you can actually launch it and goto system update in the psp menu
you should also think about adding onemenu v2 which i have linked on page 1 of my thread here aswell as the PBOOT as for the instructions if you cant find a guide start a conversation with me and i will see if i can help you

Last edited by RazorX2014,
Reactions: logg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol