gloweyjoey

who??
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IE-IQ_big650.jpg
The study gave web surfers an IQ test, then plotted their scores against the browser they used.

IE surfers were found to have an average IQ lower than people using Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Users of Camino and Opera rated highest.

The report has sparked anger from IE supporters, who have threatened AptiQuant with legal action.

Researchers gave over 100,000 web surfers a free online IQ test. Scores were stored in a database along with each person's web browser data.

The results suggested that Internet Explorer surfers had an average IQ in the low eighties. Chrome, Firefox and Safari rated over 100, while minority browsers Opera and Camino had an "exceptionally higher" score of over 120.

AptiQuant stressed that using IE doesn't mean you have low intelligence. "What it really says is that if you have a low IQ then there are high chances that you use Internet Explorer," said AptiQuant CEO Leonard Howard.

The findings have been treated with scepticism by Professor David Spiegelhalter of Cambridge University's Statistical Laboratory: "They've got IE6 users with an IQ of around eighty. That's borderline deficient, marginally able to cope with the adult world.

"I believe these figures are implausibly low - and an insult to IE users."

However, Mr Howard said he didn't feel threatened by a lawsuit: "A win in a court would only give a stamp of approval and more credibility to our report."[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um... Thats like saying higher Ice Cream sales lead to higher [censored] victims. No it doesnt . It means its summer time and people are wearing less clothing (more susceptible to [censored]) because its hot and buying ice cream. Theres no correlation.

gloweyjoey

who??
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look at the chart, it shows that the older the version of IE the lower the IQ scores go. It also says that IE users with chrome frame is the third highest. I think this shows that people with lower IQs dont upgrade their software or even know they can use something other than the version of IE that they have with their windows version.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
The results don't really prove anything.

They found that those with a lower IQ tend to use IE (with its hardware exceleration and its 100% standards compliency).. It doesn't prove that if you use IE then you have a low IQ. It doesn't prove that if you don't use IE then you have a high IQ.

(By the way, IE with Chrome Frame is worse than any of these browsers....)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, I think (non homebrew) roms arent posted here
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ah ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that case is huge, but is cool.
  • D @ dadadad:
    I was installing mods for games, but when I removed the romfs folder, an error occurred. Now when I try to launch the game, I see a yellow screen, and I have to reboot the switch. Reinstalling the game didn't help. Can you advise me on what to do to launch the game without mods?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @dadadad delete sd:\atmosphere\contents
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should find out from the mod dev how to uninstall it. Every mod is different on how you install/uninstall.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @The Real Jdbye Wouldn't that take out bunch other stuff also?
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if...