Gaming Icosahedron Terraria Server is Live

exangel

executioner angel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The testing phase completed; the primary world map for my dedicated Terraria server is now available.
Server blog: http://tumblr.gravity.cc

Unfortunately I have some pressing IRL issues that will likely preoccupy me this week, but know that there is another active Admin (you can see him in the Steam group).

Also to note, as unforseen bugs come up (already encountered one fixed by a newer tShock release..) we will be hotfixing them.
A fair amount of exploration's already been underway by me, Lord Bean aka Derek, and Originality today, so only one bug so far is pretty good news. This bug was a gamebreaking one though: Server Side Inventory Enforcement wasn't properly recognizing increased mana pools even when legitimately earned (by consuming Mana Crystals on-server), and it is now fixed.

What this means is:
  • If you want to participate, make sure to Join the Steam Group to be able to contact me and/or Derek for registration.
  • If you attempt to login to the server, using info provided by the Steam Group information, and fail to connect, it is because we're in the middle of a hotfix. Be patient.
  • If you succeed in logging in and find you can't do a damn thing, then RTFM (Server Guide @ http://tumblr.gravity.cc/faq) which describes the features & restrictions that make my server as balanced as possible for multiplayer and decently protected from griefers.
Lastly, Mumble for Win Vista/7 got broken today by their certificate's expiration, and until their devs get things confidently sorted, we've temporarily gone back to using Skype.

Update: Mumble.com, my mumble ISP, has mirrored the proper updated installer: http://www.mumble.com/support/mumble-a-referral-was-returned-by-the-server.php

exangel

executioner angel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see an amazing collection of tombstones emblazoned with the name Retro. You appear to have had really bad luck with your login timing. Derek said you logged in during a Blood Moon and later during a goblin invasion XD

I'm going to build a protection around spawn since everyone is autoteleported there upon first connect.
You can still set your spawn to a bed but it only works as a respawn on death, not as an initial login spawn.

Also, i modified your stone highway a bit so that i can put a tree farm on it :) I figured it was yours because of fall damage tombstones. XD

YVusP.png

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see an amazing collection of tombstones emblazoned with the name Retro. You appear to have had really bad luck with your login timing. Derek said you logged in during a Blood Moon and later during a goblin invasion XD

I'm going to build a protection around spawn since everyone is autoteleported there upon first connect.
You can still set your spawn to a bed but it only works as a respawn on death, not as an initial login spawn.

Also, i modified your stone highway a bit so that i can put a tree farm on it :) I figured it was yours because of fall damage tombstones. XD

YVusP.png

Yeah... Sorry about that. XD

exangel

executioner angel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New user command addition: /spawn

Due to the fact we’ve only had one Magic Mirror item turn up since launching the live map I have decided to give all registered users access to the /spawn command so that you don’t have to logout to teleport to spawnpoint (and subsequently log back in as a registered user). This is mostly for convenience but also a minor security enhancement so that players won’t have to enter their password more than necessary.

This may be disabled during PVP/alternate map events, but it remains to be seen whether or not people abuse it (and if they do, who’s to stop the spawnpoint from being camped anyway?)
It isn’t the same as Magic Mirror (which returns you to your registered spawnpoint which can be set to any bed). It’s just an easier way of doing the same thing that reconnecting would do, in case you get into a jam. People with Magic Mirror will still enjoy the benefit of teleporting to their bed.

With :wub:,
Admin Snow (exangel)

Edit:
Unscheduled Downtime; Terraria Update 1.1.2

Hey guys, patch 1.1.2 is now live! Nothing major in terms of content, just a few bug fixes and multilingual support.

Changes:
  • Terraria has been translated to German, Italian, French, and Spanish.
  • When first run, Terraria will ask which language to use. This can be changed in the options menu.
  • Terraria now has support for accented letters and multiple keyboard layouts.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause spawn items to sometimes not work on multiplayer games. (Hopefully)
  • Fixed a bug that would allow you to create items using the crafting guide.
  • Fixed several multiplayer security issues.
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the Eater of Worlds to not spawn after three shadow orbs had been smashed.
Servers will be down until XenonServers either applies the update or allows me to modify TerrariaServer.exe.
Sorry for the inconvenience. I wanted to play today too!

Update again: Though my host XenonServers has updated for Terraria 1.1.2, the tShock administration mod is in limbo due to developer troubles and it's very much up in the air whether or not this will be fixed soon. Hopefully some of the supporters of the mod will take up where they left off out of love for the game & the mod's capabilities.. meanwhile, I'm waiting to discuss this situation with my co-admin. Without tShock, there is practically zero protection and there's no automatic backups.

I'm very disappointed by all this, but we'll get something running soon. *sadface*

exangel

executioner angel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, I've been having problems with my desktop but they should be resolved by tomorrow evening. I haven't really been able to enjoy the game since Bean fixed the server, sadly.

We will most likely be loading a random map this weekend for some badly needed dungeon runs.

exangel

executioner angel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone logs in for the next two days wondering where the heck everything is, it's because we're loading fresh maps for dungeon farming. As indicated in previous posts and the blog, the home map will be restored Sunday. I'll make sure there will be a Piggy Bank & Safe access at the NPC safehouse for every map that we load throughout the weekend so that you can store materials aside from your inventory that you want to bring back Home. Regular chests won't work for this, of course.

For anyone unfamiliar with the server but familiar with Terraria - we're going to be doing this regularly until most members are geared enough for fair PVP & possible hardmode transition. It is necessary due to the server-side inventory checking we enforce (to keep PVP balanced, foreign items will not be permitted;) and because we've avoided using region protection as much as possible, for the benefit of loading alternate maps without issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch