Hardware I want to build a laptop

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking into building a laptop for gaming. Ive never built a pc before so I dont know what I should buy at all.
Where should i start looking? Or would it be better to get a prebuilt gaming laptop ?

Im looking to play recent games at decent fps, like Skyrim at 60 fps maybe on medium settings. I dont need any crazy high fps on max settings or anything like that. I dont want to pay too much for it.

Any ideas where i should start?
Thanks

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
yeah, you can't really build a laptop...you can have one customized with the ram, graphics card, hd and cpu, so long as the one you're looking at has the options to customize. I would go with a Dell or Asus that has the options you want whether they be standard for said model or factory upgraded. You could always swap hard drives, cpu's and add more ram later but there's really no upgradability as far as graphics go on a laptop.

Lurker2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides buying a barebone laptop and building it up from that you can't really build a laptop for a reasonable price. I highly recommend you avoid this and buy a prebuilt laptop. You will occasionally see good deals from various clevo/sager resellers.

Reactions: Rasas

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I'll just add this for ideas.

This is what a high spec gaming laptop looks like: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Series-NP700G7C-S01US-17-3-Inch-Laptop/dp/B006MX0WHU/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1354437387&sr=8-6&keywords=Samsung series 7
Cost: $1700.
EDIT: And this is the highest spec gaming laptop I've seen in many years (discounting the stupidly overpriced custom-built laptops like Alienware): http://www.amazon.com/MSI-GT70-0NE-...dp/B008OCV4TM/ref=amtcd_B0082JFDQM_B008OCV4TM
Cost: $2300.

You can get much cheaper laptops by looking for GTX 555 or 660 instead of 675, and by getting Core i5 instead of i7. That'd only require around $900 or so.

Don't forget that gaming laptops are synonymous with heat, and overheating when playing Skyrim or Crysis is common. Factor precautions into your Bridget (I.e. cooling pads). And also, don't forget that gaming laptops must be plugged into the wall, or the battery will run out within 2 hours (usually).

Or you could just build a gaming PC for half the price.

Reactions: Rydian

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Lol not me trying to get people to make an uncensor patch for imagine makeup artist