Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The more I think about this, more it seems rather mean spirited. Like you aren't tweeting them for a successful game, like we found some "hidden gem" and now everyone is playing it. People are only downloading it to use as an exploit and more than likely never going to play it. This just comes off mocking and condescending towards the devs, who of course know why this game is suddenly gaining popularity. There's no real reason to keep poking them about it. More than likely they are scrambling around trying to make sure their game doesn't get pulled off the eShop right now. Something like this just comes off as just plain mean.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: Skelletonike

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The more I think about this, more it seems rather mean spirited. Like you aren't tweeting them for a successful game, like we found some "hidden gem" and now everyone is playing it. People are only downloading it to use as an exploit and more than likely never going to play it. This just comes off mocking and condescending towards the devs, who of course know why this game is suddenly gaining popularity, there's no real to keep poking them about it. More than likely they are scrambling around trying to make sure their game doesn't get pulled off the eShop right now. Something like this just comes off as just plain mean.
I mean no offense to the creators here, but I find the game to be clunky and uninspired. The fact that such a small team made this IS a cool deal, but it's just not a whole lot of fun to play. Imitation is, after all, the sincerest form of flattery, but it's basically a Gears of War clone with controls that make me feel like I'm controlling some guy made out of wood in a lake of molasses in winter. The game made a splash when it hit, but most people I talk to who have tried it have similar complaints, and in the end have stopped playing or deleted it altogether.
I guess to make my rambling into a cohesive statement, yeah, I will agree that tweeting that is in a way a bit mean-spirited, but I'm glad that these guys will have downloads padding their numbers from this whole possible exploit deal. I personally didn't care for the game due to it feeling like a half-hearted clone for me (but I didn't delete it all the same, now I'm glad ;) ), but maybe this exposure will get more people who have never tried it to do so, and maybe some of those people will buy the full version. To make another quote, there's no such thing as bad publicity. Either way, this gets the game even more time in the spotlight.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

sweis12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I mean no offense to the creators here, but I find the game to be clunky and uninspired. The fact that such a small team made this IS a cool deal, but it's just not a whole lot of fun to play. Imitation is, after all, the sincerest form of flattery, but it's basically a Gears of War clone with controls that make me feel like I'm controlling some guy made out of wood in a lake of molasses in winter. The game made a splash when it hit, but most people I talk to who have tried it have similar complaints, and in the end have stopped playing or deleted it altogether.
I guess to make my rambling into a cohesive statement, yeah, I will agree that tweeting that is in a way a bit mean-spirited, but I'm glad that these guys will have downloads padding their numbers from this whole possible exploit deal. I personally didn't care for the game due to it feeling like a half-hearted clone for me (but I didn't delete it all the same, now I'm glad ;) ), but maybe this exposure will get more people who have never tried it to do so, and maybe some of those people will buy the full version. To make another quote, there's no such thing as bad publicity. Either way, this gets the game even more time in the spotlight.
Strangly, IronFall is the only game on the 3DS that the 3D hurts after only a few seconds. :/

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You see, it's all fun and games now that they are enjoying their small time in the spotlight, but if the game ends up pulled, then all of these downloads means nothing for them. Basically my point is still the same, they aren't getting praised for something good, they are basically being mocked because their game is being used as exploit and that just doesn't set well with me.

Reactions: Skelletonike

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strangly, IronFall is the only game on the 3DS that the 3D hurts after only a few seconds. :/
It didn't for me, but I can't handle the 3D for more than an hour or so on any game. My eyes adjust out of it, even on the N3DS' "super-stable" improvements. So eventually I start seeing double images on the screen.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol Like Look at that face :D lol

1. Adrien Fragai ‏@AdrienFragai Aug 1

@VdDevGames We are downloading the game because it's up to no good ..

0 retweets0 favorites
  2. cynosura ‏@Rb1_5 Aug 1
    @VdDevGames
    1f60f.png

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You see, it's all fun and games now that they are enjoying their small time in the spotlight, but if the game ends up pulled, then all of these downloads means nothing for them. Basically my point is still the same, they aren't getting praised for something good, they are basically being mocked because their game is being used as exploit and that just doesn't set well with me.
Nintendo has put a lot of interest into Ironfall. And with no actual confirmed hack, I will be on the more surprised side if it's pulled sooner rather than after the fact. Plus, with this artificial boost in popularity could easily come more purchases of the full game. Between the Big N's backing of the game plus this to boost sales of the full version, I would be shocked to see it pulled for good, never to return. I'd wager on it being down for a couple/few months before an "enhanced version" of some kind is released (better controls, better graphics, new soundpack, skins, whatever), stealthing a patch to block the exploit, and the "enhanced version" being a free upgrade to all users (free users get "enhanced free", full users get "enhanced full", or the like). I just can't see a game like this vanishing into thin air from Nintendo's eShop, not when the 3DS has even more of a workload making up sales figures that the WiiU loses.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
That makes you sound like an unbelievable dick. They worked very hard on the game (especially considering it was done by 3 people), and you're mocking their work.
The game has a 48 on metacritic (lower than Cubic Ninja even), so he's not alone in bashing vdDevs's hard work.

Game development can be brutal. Hopefully at least, the game was financially successful for them.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Graphically, the games runs very well, surprised me to see 3DS handle it. Voice work is awful based on my time with the demo, but everyone knows that. Gameplay is a lot better than Moon Chronicles, IMO.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I bet the developers wished that they'd charged a pound per copy now, rather than give it away free...

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
several hundred thousand? I'm impressed, I didn't realize the hacking scene on the 3DS was that big.
That figure is from launch to now. They originally tweeted it on the 25th of July.

The second reply tweet with that figure was a misunderstanding (english isn't their first language)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The game has a 48 on metacritic (lower than Cubic Ninja even), so he's not alone in bashing vdDevs's hard work.

Game development can be brutal. Hopefully at least, the game was financially successful for them.
It doesn't matter how fun the game is. They spent years working on it, and deserve some respect.

koz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I like playing the free demo of Ironfall invasion.

I might even go for the paid DLC.

Its been loaded on my old small 3DS and the New 3DSXL.

The circle pad pro on the old 3DS works much better than the c-stick on the new 3DSXL for this game.

The 3D effect looks excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone