Hacking I lost my cfw ?

robertorpg94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I installed xmbpd in my CFW 4.78 FERROX my ps3 .

After that my ps3 came into recovery mode , and the more I tried to leave, he always returned to the recovery .

no solution , followed the steps of recovery , however when I noticed my ps3 had returned to fimware OFW 3.70

now I have a doubt , if I want to have a CFW novametne will have to downgrade to 3.55 again ? if so, the only way to downgrade is still the e3 flasher ? or is there another way ?

thanks for listening. =)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
IF it really is on 3.70 then you do need to downgrade it again with an E3.
You could try n put the latest Rebug REX firmware on a USB drive (in PS3/UPDATE and call it PS3UPDAT.PUP) but if that doesn't work, downgrading is your only option.

DeViL303

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I created XMBPD, Do you know this was never designed for Ferrox 4.78, you must have Ignored the warnings written in RED in the installer? and you ignored the package name "XMBPD_v0.20.00_Rebug_4.78_Only.pkg" ? Did you not see the instructions about CFW tools having to be enabled when installing?

This would have caused a soft brick on Ferrox and you would have had to reinstall ferrox CFW to fix it, very simple, but you must have had a disk in the drive (or mounted) with 3.70 OFW on it. This is a fairly simple 11MB XMB mod, There is no way this could possibly downgrade your PS3 to 3.70 OFW.

Reactions: DinohScene

Metalomeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I installed XMBPD on my REBUG PS3 and no problems with it. The Installer CLEARLY states that XMBPD is only for REBUG 4.78 with cfw settings on and cobra enabled. SO THIS IS A USER ERROR !!!

Reactions: DeViL303

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl: +1