Lost HDD to CFW PS3 Slim

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a slim ps3 here that had coldboot CFW. However I lost the original HDD to it thanks to opening the system to clean, and getting a 8 month depression stint...so now I am stuck here

From some quick googling, apparently I just need to find the same exact CFW I was on, and put it on a flash drive and use the built in recovery menu? Is this true? If so is there a way to find out what I may have been on? This system has not been used in years

Attachments

• IMG_5757.jpg
    IMG_5757.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 52

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by master801,

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use a hardware NOR dumper and then run PS3 Dump Checker on it. The latest firmware will show up as ROS0 and the previous firmware (updated from) will be ROS1.

View attachment 412043

Can also just install 3.55 OFW and upgrade to CFW from there.
Oof I hope it does not come to needing a hardware dumper. Whoever had this system previously jacked up all the screws and stripped them to hell so this thing isn't gonna come apart.

I just tried 3.55 OFW however, and after pressing "start + select" The system seems to fail to find my update file with a error message that states

"No applicable update data found" and wants me to try 2.70 OFW or later.

I have the file located at ""E:\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP""

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oof I hope it does not come to needing a hardware dumper. Whoever had this system previously jacked up all the screws and stripped them to hell so this thing isn't gonna come apart.

I just tried 3.55 OFW however, and after pressing "start + select" The system seems to fail to find my update file with a error message that states

"No applicable update data found" and wants me to try 2.70 OFW or later.

I have the file located at ""E:\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP""
Do you remember what firmware or year the PS3 was on before?

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you remember what firmware or year the PS3 was on before?
I want to say it was on Rebug. I recall a scorpion when the console booted to XMB.

I did also update the CFW a little over a year ago. So its possible I'm on an early 4.x version. That probably doesn't help much without more specifics does it ha

If it helps, I also just tried flashing the latest Cobra PUP file with the same exact error message

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game