Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call him Killa? Yeah, let's do that
KILLAH - I get it... pssht.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

L is just super fucking cheesy all around, guys, just a head's up. How he speaks, what he says, what he fucking wears, etc. So unrealistic and cheesy. I cringe.

Reactions: Deleted User
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
You haven't watched the original, yeah? L is supposed to be kiiinda like that. A recluse that sits and behaves awkwardly and does unrealistic and weird things. Unfortunately, that doesn't transition well to real people. I can't wait to see how they even attempted to adapt that to film xD

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Not as cheesy and cringe worthy as Dragonball Legends

You haven't watched the original, yeah? L is supposed to be kiiinda like that. A recluse that sits and behaves awkwardly and does unrealistic and weird things. Unfortunately, that doesn't transition well to real people. I can't wait to see how they even attempted to adapt that to film xD
Tv series, you have japanese film version, 8 parts or something

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He deffo plays the "mysterious" role well. He just needs to stop trying to be Japanese, and stop using big words just to be a pretentious prick.

He's legit like those autistic dudes you'd see on a college campus who make anime-esque expressions because they're so into anime... I think you call them weeboos?

Not as cheesy and cringe worthy as Dragonball Legends

Tv series, you have japanese film version, 8 parts or something
Oh you mean Evolution? LOOL Just found out the guy who played Goku was the dude from Shameless. That makes it hilarious to me.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
He deffo plays the "mysterious" role well. He just needs to stop trying to be Japanese, and stop using big words just to be a pretentious prick.

He's legit like those autistic dudes you'd see on a college campus who make anime-esque expressions because they're so into anime... I think you call them weeboos?
Pfffff I definitely need to see this now

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pfffff I definitely need to see this now
Warned ya hahaha

Can someone tell me how to do spoiler tabs on here so I can type a thing?

Also, I'm still cringing over L. God damn.

He even sits like a fucking Naruto character. Ugh. God I want to just punch him. He's so cringeworthy...

r2n94rcy22e-large.png

Look at this bullshit... So cringeworthy... Stop sitting like a douchebag. I don't care how it was in the anime... You look like one of those autistic college students I've described earlier...

bkyl58hkzph-large.png

... He must be super embarrassing at restaurants. Must never make it past the first date... Christ.

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original anime is great. I plan to watch the live action Netflix original eventually, but am honestly expecting sickening absurdity.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Warned ya hahaha

Can someone tell me how to do spoiler tabs on here so I can type a thing?

Also, I'm still cringing over L. God damn.

He even sits like a fucking Naruto character. Ugh. God I want to just punch him. He's so cringeworthy...

r2n94rcy22e-large.png

Look at this bullshit... So cringeworthy... Stop sitting like a douchebag. I don't care how it was in the anime... You look like one of those autistic college students I've described earlier...

bkyl58hkzph-large.png

... He must be super embarrassing at restaurants. Must never make it past the first date... Christ.

People that actively tells other people about what makes them cringe, makes me cringe.
I associate this kind of people with the kind that think Final Fantasy VII is the best of the final fantasy games and A link to the past is the best Zelda games simply because the majority of the internet seems to think so.
The kind of people who tries to stay updated with the latest and most popular memes on the internet.
Some of them are internet bullies. And the goal is to I dunno, seem cool?

I call these kind of people Internet kids.

I don't have to write an article bashing Anime just because I dont like it and then celebrating other people who dont like it.
It's silly, it's like highfiving people that don't like beans just because you dont like it. Whats the point?

The cool people are the type of people that keep opinions to themselves unless the are trying to make a possitive difference.

Reactions: samiam144

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not trying to force you to like "anime" (japanese only?), but that's definitely narrow minded.
a draw is only a media, like any other type of media it can tell something (movie, drawing, painting in a museum, caricatural drawing in a newspaper, theater, opera, radio, story telling around a fire camp, novel book!, etc.)
it's like I would tell that I don't like movies, because I watched a bad American sitcom 20 years ago and feel the actors were bad and emphasizing their roles so much that everything is necessary the same. that's restricted mind if I think all directors would make the same films and all actors are playing the same way, or authors write novels the same style.

Just stop watching the same kind of animated drawing from the same kind of authors and same kind of targeted audience, find what you like, watch animated work from other countries, like Waltz with bashir (israel), Persepolis (france), Time masters (France again), or even japanese animated work without any characters ! everything is in the story telling, feeling and art.

again, not forcing you to watch all kind of anime, just providing my view that a draw is only a media, it's up to the author/director to choose how to tell his story. Mamoru Oshii (Ghost in the shell author) chose actors for 2 of his movie series but 1 anime for the third installment as he could pass the feeling of war's horror better this way.

if you liked Death note movie, you'll agree the story can be told using different media (animated drawing, actors, book). You can prefer one type of media based on this same story, nothing wrong with that.
What's important, to me as we are in the "it's my own view", is the story not how it's told.

So, about the netflix version : Did you like it ?
you made comments all while watching "I'm at scenes 2, now I'm at scene 8 ! heyy, I'm past the half of the movie !"
great, but what did you think about it ? about actor's play, costumes, scenery (director of photography choice), about the production, etc? Netflix did something worth it?
I'll watch it anyway, but a lot of people base their decision to "like something" on other user's review only.

Last edited by Cyan,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

I'm gonna give it a watch not because it's Death Note but moreso due to Margaret Qualley's role and Willem Dafoe's.

Death Note 2017 is surprisingly doing not that bad with reviewers, you see, the scores aren't 2's and 3's but rather 5's, 6's and even 7's so it can't be that shitty, I reckon.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I literally JUST finished watching it. I would give the movie a 7/10. The deaths were too Final Destination like and Not death note like. Also i diddnt like the setting or the actress who played Mia. Lights DAD and the L cast members were pretty good though. But the plot deviated A LOT from the Anime and thus yeah this should definitely be viewed as a standalone movie. Wilem dafoe did a good job as the Voice of Ryuk but in terms of appearance he was disgusting and i actually wished they had used the Death Note 2016 movie version of Ryuk since that Ryuk was bad-ass as hell! If they do a sequel, i will check it out. But i hope Ryuk changes physically and please can we return the setting to Japan. I dont care if they dont change cast but Seattle wasnt a good setting for a Death note movie. Oh and also that cliff hanger ending was annoying too. But they probably did that in order to set up the sequel.

I also agree that Light can be whiny at times and he just doesn't have that Light Yamagami Feel to him. But so yeah 7/10 and i actually enjoyed the 2016 Death note Movie wayy better since i gave that a 9/10 since i felt it was a good enough sequel to the series. The shinigami in that movie looked so freaking epic! And the cast and plot was amazing too. Sure it had its problems but i prefer it to this Hollywood rehash.

2016 Ryuk:
9556711_orig.jpg

2017 ryuk:

maxresdefault.jpg

And these next images are of the other Shinigami's which appeared in the 2016 Death Note film:

1473701238DeathNote2016ShinigamiWhite.jpg

102200038c8283430577

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
so OP say that hate anime? Me too
Dude you are fine!
However I like animation, most of story are just unhealthy. So I don't watch.
Lastest normal anime for me I remember was Maison Ikkoku.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hell some live adept are just a huge steaming pile of shit (Dragonball Evolution) i seen a few including that, (wish i looked at the eclipse after that garbage -sarcasm- ) and super mario brothers

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember stubbornly hating entire genres of film when I was younger, including anime. Fact is, art is art, and good art can be found in any medium. I hate country music overall, but I'd be lying if I said I haven't heard a couple of great country songs. Expanding your horizons will open your eyes to things you'd have normally turned a stubborn blind eye to. Sure, there may be a lot of junk in there not for you, but I guarantee there is at least one anime that would appeal to you. For me it was FLCL, which happened to air on Adult Swim at a time in my life that was just perfect for that show. It enticed me, told a truly bizarre but somehow relate-able story for where I was at in life at the time, and after only 6 episodes, ended and left me dying for more. I haven't seen many anime that lived up to FLCL and for me there aren't many anime overall I'm a fan of, but some have been enjoyable including Death Note. Its not my favorite anime ever, but coming from someone who used to completely disregard anime as well, I would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for an enjoyable and approachable anime.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I felt the need to mention that I HATE anime with a PASSION. I find it geeky, nerdy, and made for people with social issues and disorders, filled with cringe-worthy emotes and over-exaggerated expressions and reactions from the characters... That is MY opinion. (My opinion. Get it? Got it? Good. Now that that's over, no more talking about it.) - I emphasized that point just so you'll be able to feel and understand my disdain for anime.

I agree with you on so many points.
It's cringy, annoying, over-exaggerated and plainly dumb.
It's always the same, useless talk over nonsense whilst drifting further and further from the story.
Not to mention that a series has 700 episodes or something which 80% of it is the same boring shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei5hC8ahLoc