Gaming Misc Something About the Wii U that I like despite no one giving a shit about it

lucasfergui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So, idk if I this is something that a lot of people are interested about, or I'm just a weirdo but I really like the Wii U to Wii U transfer animation, it's just so wholesome and interesting to me that Nintendo took the time and money to make an animation like this (and yes, I know that there's also Wii to Wii U, DSi to 3DS, and 3DS to 3DS but this is my favorite in my opinion) and the fact that it's that type of story that has 0 dialogue but you can still completely understand just makes this better imo (and also the fact that it's a story at all)

The animation in question:

UPDATE: It appears that a random Spanish speaking Tiktoker called @krashb12 either read this thread or transfered data from Wii U to Wii U, cause I found this video:

(It's in ñ language aka Spanish)

Last edited by lucasfergui,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I never saw this one, I don't think most people did (who has two Wii Us, let alone one? :P), but I quite liked the Wii to Wii U one with the Pikmin carrying all your games.
Also, an ingenious way to make the wait time feel shorter. Intentionally not giving you a progress indicator seems counterintuitive, but in this case, that actually works, since the video itself acts as a sort of vague progress indicator, and anything more accurate would be a reminder that you are in fact waiting for it to finish.

Nintendo has a history of doing stuff like this, although not quite this elaborately. The Wii had Mario hitting a ?-block as the only progress indicator, although I wasn't a fan of this one, because it took ages and the way you had to guess how far along it was based on how many times Mario jumped into the block (I think it was around 15 jumps total before it finished) was a bit annoying. It didn't make the wait feel shorter, it just made the wait more annoying.
The 3DS also has something similar to that although not themed after any game, but you have a progress indicator here which makes it better.
I wish the Switch had some unique touches like that, instead of just being generic minimalism. The eShop doesn't even have music, which is a shame as the Wii U eShop had some bangers. Nintendo used to be all about unique touches. Minimalism needs to die, it takes all the personality out of things.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

MO35AB

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
So, idk if I this is something that a lot of people are interested about, or I'm just a weirdo but I really like The Wii U to Wii U transfer animation it's just so wholesome and interesting to me that Nintendo took the time and money to make an animation like this (and yes, I know that there's also Wii to Wii U, DSi to 3DS, and 3DS to 3DS but this is my favorite in my opinion) and the fact that it's that type of story that has 0 dialogue but you can still completely understand just makes this better imo (and also the fact that it's a story at all)
Bruh !!! this is amazing !
I knew about the pikmi wii to wii u transfer, and I thought I know everything about wii u , but this is amazing lol
But what are these creatures ?? looks like they just replaced pikmin ?? and the rocket, is the same as olimar's dolphin, Nintendo usually doesn't just make stuff out of no where, any idea ??

lucasfergui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
But what are these creatures ?? looks like they just replaced pikmin ??
I like to think about them as robot-pikmin hybrids ;):yayu:
Post automatically merged:

who has two Wii Us, let alone one? :P
Well, at least two people on YouTube (there's a video of the entire complete transfer process)

Bruh !!! this is amazing !
I knew about the pikmi wii to wii u transfer, and I thought I know everything about wii u , but this is amazing lol
But what are these creatures ?? looks like they just replaced pikmin ?? and the rocket, is the same as olimar's dolphin, Nintendo usually doesn't just make stuff out of no where, any idea ??
Agreed :yayu:

there's a video of the entire complete transfer process
Here's the video in question

The 3DS also has something similar to that although not themed after any game,
Do you know what a Pikmin is

Here's the video in question
I love how at the end it's like:
Finally the transfer is do-! Oh, right we need to transfer Wii data... Nevermind!

Nintendo usually doesn't just make stuff out of no where, any idea ??
This probably what Nintendo decided to do:
1. They looked at the Pikmin 3DS transfer animation
2. They thought "Wow that looks nice!"
3. They made it better and longer and put it as the Wii to Wii U Transfer Animation
4. Someone at Nintendo was like "Now we need a Wii U to Wii U animation tho..."
5. To make it look nicer, sleeker and/or better they replaced the Pikmin with robot-like creatures
6. Since Nintendo had way too much money (remember that the Wii U's development was around the Wii era) they decided to add a mini-story and thought "They may ask why but then we would ask: Why not?"
7. They released the Wii U with the transfer animations
8. Instant Flop™
9. They think "Fuck it, we are removing everything next console"
10. The "NX" starts development
11. The "NX" is renamed to Nintendo Switch
12. They release it with little to no animations
13. Massive Profits™
14. They think "Wow that worked?"
15. From this point onward they refuse to add any transfer animations whatsover

Last edited by lucasfergui,

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never saw this myself either and yeah.. It's pretty cool! Makes you want to sit and watch the transfer happening... Kinda hypnotised... Any subliminal messaging I missed?? I do want to eat a pikmin all of the sudden... :rofl2:

• Haha
Reactions: MO35AB

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
So, idk if I this is something that a lot of people are interested about, or I'm just a weirdo but I really like The Wii U to Wii U transfer animation it's just so wholesome and interesting to me that Nintendo took the time and money to make an animation like this (and yes, I know that there's also Wii to Wii U, DSi to 3DS, and 3DS to 3DS but this is my favorite in my opinion) and the fact that it's that type of story that has 0 dialogue but you can still completely understand just makes this better imo (and also the fact that it's a story at all)
LITERALLY!!! I felt like I was the only one! And honestly it's actually interesting that they made New little guys for it rather than using pikmin. On the target system half of the animation though you can see them going through the same locations the Pikmin go through during the Wii -> Wii U transfer!

As for what to call these new transfer guys.. the only name I've ever thought of that sounds at all good is "protopikmin" or just "protomin".. Something about them having screen-like faces just kinda reminds me of protogens? Like, sorry for bein' a furry n all but I feel like a comparison like that sorta makes sense. Similar in nature to the pikmin, but not nearly as biological and far more advanced.

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
At first I thought you were talking about the Pikmin transfer which is pretty basic... but when I saw that... Bruh. I didn't know Nintendo coded all of that into the Wii U OS.

Nintendo did put a lot of love into it's consoles when Iwata was around, the Switch OS sucks... the only better thing it has it's that is faster. Wii U Menu may not be the fastest console menu around... but it's not THAT slow (When it launched, yes, it was a snail, but after updates the OS speed got more reasonable.)

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

lucasfergui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Am I the only one who realized they have different colors depending on if they are on the source or the target console?
Maybe it's like they were emigrating from a country with blue whatever-the-fuck-they-are-called to one with orange whatever-the-fuck-they-are-called or smth 🤔

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one who realized they have different colors depending on if they are on the source or the target console?
Maybe it's like they were emigrating from a country with blue whatever-the-fuck-they-are-called to one with orange whatever-the-fuck-they-are-called or smth 🤔
On all Nintendo system transfers (barring the switch) there's always been that color coding. Blue for the source system, orange for the target system. As for those guiding transfer bot guys, I feel like their color just is due to which part of the transfer they're performing. Blue for moving off of the console, orange for moving onto the console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto