I hate anime - Watching Death Note [Netflix]

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I always figured Death Note was a 12 episode series, but then reading this, sounded incredulous. I looked it up, Death Note the anime only lasted 37 episodes. I never watched the series, I'm only interested in one thing and I hope someone can answer the question.

Is it so bad it's good? If not, I won't watch it. The last time I watched something I knew would suck, I got really...well not happy, and topically enough, it was an anime/manga adaption...loosely...it was Dragonball Evolution. So, I don't want a repeat offense, even though I never consumed any Death Note media.

Idk, I dun watch anime.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I liked it. It wasn't great but nor was it terrible, just around decent enough.

But if I'm being honest, I only really enjoyed it because of Willem Dafoe and Margaret Qualley as I mentioned before and the actor (Wolff) who played Light wasn't too bad although the one that attempted to play L's role was so god damn shitty. Netflix clearly took plenty of liberty in changing the characters yet Netflix's L tried to copy the original L for some reason. How he'd sit, how he'd eat, how he'd talk and how he'd react.

This L seemed to be in need of meds like always.

One of my favorite scenes where Light doubts others but then says he'd kill if anyone banged or abused his girlfriend.

Death.Note.2017.720p.NF.WEB-DL.800MB.MkvCage.mkv_snapshot_00.36.49_[2017.08.28_15.47.19].png
Death.Note.2017.720p.NF.WEB-DL.800MB.MkvCage.mkv_snapshot_00.36.52_[2017.08.28_15.47.32].png

This scene made me chuckle. :P

Death.Note.2017.720p.NF.WEB-DL.800MB.MkvCage.mkv_snapshot_01.06.55_[2017.08.28_15.45.50].png

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if anyone's brought this up, but the director is, I don't know, kind of the go-to Hollywood filmmaker for horror movies. Coming out blazing with You're Next, which I liked, not classic, had one of my favorites as the mom, Barbara Crampton. I haven't seen his other movies, but the thing is that seemingly all those movies, save for this, have had him paired with screenwriter Simon Barrett. This comes out, he's not involved with the writing, and it's lambasted. So? And it's worrying as a horror fan because Tobe Hooper just passed away, George A. Romero passed last month, I look at who can carry the torch, and apart from digging into low budget/independent horror filmmakers, there's really only this guy, and he directed this...horror's not in a good place now.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I actually just started it. I felt the need to mention that I HATE anime with a PASSION. I find it geeky, nerdy, and made for people with social issues and disorders, filled with cringe-worthy emotes and over-exaggerated expressions and reactions from the characters...

I don't hate anime per se but I totally get you and agree with you. Most animes that people watch have irrealistic characters that don't behave like real people would.

And this critique comes from inside as well. For instance, Hayao Miyazak from Studio Ghibli says that the fact that many anime producers aren't social enough, do not observe and interact with enough people and are not familiar with human behavior outside their own lives is a great problem.

Now what really disturbs me is a amount of people, old enough to know better, that watch animes and think and expect people to act like the anime characters they watch. The mostly noticeable case is towards women (and some times vice versa). A lot o white knighting, obsessive behaviour and "friendzoned" dramas I see come form there, guys who expected women to act like submissive damsels like they see in anime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended