KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
later somebody tell you use the front buttons to navigate BootMii
And caused a never ending series of repeated "joke" (rather troll) posts past the expiration date, which would even have been rejected as too low level in EOF.

Seems you absolutely *want* me to read the whole thing again, huh? Okay, I will. After finishing cooking jam. Wood stove will reach cooking temperture soon.

I vaguely remember the OP's Wii is stuck on black screen with BootMii previously working but not anymore (also no access to Priiloader).
==========

It is easy to repeat the process of exhausting all software methods:
  • Hold (Reset) on power on to try starting Priiloader
  • Provide FAT32 formatted SD with the BootMii files and turn on the console to see if BootMii is in boot2
  • Connect GC controller to port four and hold all directions on the dpad (probably have to open the controller to achieve this
If neither of those show any effect this leaves hardware flashing (given a NAND image exists, or at least the keys/OPT)

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Finished cooking strawberry jam with a little lemon juice. Delicious and way more pleasant than:
Also finished re-reading this thread quickly.

These are the contradicting parts:
No I never backed up my boot nand when I went in to boot mii my wiimote disconnected
BootMii starts, but unsused since no controller and not using console buttons.
It's been months since I have broken my wii but ya bootmii is installed 🙂 but my wiimote unpaired when I open bootmii
Post automatically merged:

But KleinesSinchen like I said that i installed a wii menu wad so my os won't work
"BootMii is installed"
Well yes and no so when it boots up the green light is on and the disk drive spins up but no image or sound but my wiimote pairs and connects
[...]
LIKE I SAID my wii has a black screen now so how do I open the hb channel
Black screen. So no BootMii?
My guy it shows black screen on boot with green light so I can't acess wii menu therefore I can't open hbc
Black screen again. So again no BootMii?
=====================

Damn. Just provide a FAT32 formatted SD with the BootMii files and see if BootMii starts. If so we can continue troubleshooting. If not the Wii can not be saved/restored by an average person.
Most cost effective solution is buying a Wii with broken disc drive. You have a drive and won't need it anyway after doing a proper softmod with either wii.hacks.guide or ModMii

Reactions: Blythe93

tkhn23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
BTW the SD card that I was using is now lost in one of my drawers

Also I modded my wii a 2am so I can't remember what the bootmii hbc or whatever install screen but from what I recall on it it had one red thing on it

It looked just like this

And this is were the wii remote disconnected

Attachments

• test_results.png
    test_results.png
    425.8 KB · Views: 17
  • BootMii_Main.png
    BootMii_Main.png
    793.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by tkhn23,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've skimmed through the video you sent me via PM (why?? It would have been better here). As far as I can tell it was someone reviving a software bricked Wii with BootMii in boot2 available. But I'm not going to watch some random "tutorial" click bait video to be fully sure.
If anybody got more patience than me: Link to video.

We are running in circles here. To do what the video suggested you need BootMii. I've asked you multiple times for a clear answer if your console still can start BootMii.

No BootMii and no Priiloader
=
No software repair

The first attachted picture above would be a definitive NO! for BootMii in boot2.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

tkhn23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
But on the 2nd picture that's what I saw when I loaded bootmii

And I'm going to try the video anyways

and is it just me or is this thread just consisting of me and @KleinsSinchen

Oh shit I reread this and ya I should put boot mii files my SD card 😅

Last edited by tkhn23,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
But on the 2nd picture that's what I saw when I loaded bootmii
Just because u saw bootmii doesn't mean u can still get to it now.

Bootmii can generally be accessed in 2 ways, bootmii boot2 can pretty much always be accessed, but if u couldn't install it this way, u can still install it as IOS, see that picture, make nand backup, etc, but only be able to access it if you aren't bricked and you can still otherwise get to the system menu, priiloader or the hbc

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
As far I know you can have bootmii on two ways:

If you are very lucky and your console have a vulnerable v1 boot1 chip then you can install BootMii as boot2. With this method even if your NAND is completely blank your can load BootMii.

For the rest of the mortals the BootMii is installed in the NAND as an IOS, so the only way to load BootMii is having a working NAND with the right IOS files. So if you use the NANDFormat program, the next time the console start YOU CAN NOT load BootMii anymore; and unless you got a working NAND where you can again install Homebrew and BootMii, you will end with a full brick, only recoverable using physical methods to write your NAND.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
A bit off-topic, but Is it just me or the OP doesn't really want to be helped at all?

I mean, this thread's been active since July 2023 and from what I could see, OP didn't move far from the beginning. Not to mention that he posted in other people's threads saying that he bricked his Wii as well, which can be seen from his posting history.

Posting random silly ideas isn't going to help. Following what others have posted as a possible solution or a way to fix your Wii might help.

In any case, @tkhn23, if you aren't able to follow instructions given by other people and make any progress, I'd suggest that you sell your Wii for parts and, if you really need another Wii to play your games on, purchase another working one. This time around, I'd suggest that you read through some guides on what do and what not to do in order to keep your future Wii in working condition.

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
A bit off-topic, but Is it just me or the OP doesn't really want to be helped at all?

I mean, this thread's been active since July 2023 and from what I could see, OP didn't move far from the beginning. Not to mention that he posted in other people's threads saying that he bricked his Wii as well, which can be seen from his posting history.

Posting random silly ideas isn't going to help. Following what others have posted as a possible solution or a way to fix your Wii might help.

In any case, @tkhn23, if you aren't able to follow instructions given by other people and make any progress, I'd suggest that you sell your Wii for parts and, if you really need another Wii to play your games on, purchase another working one. This time around, I'd suggest that you read through some guides on what do and what not to do in order to keep your future Wii in working condition.
you could not be more right.

K0rbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW the SD card that I was using is now lost in one of my drawers

Also I modded my wii a 2am so I can't remember what the bootmii hbc or whatever install screen but from what I recall on it it had one red thing on it

It looked just like this

And this is were the wii remote disconnected
BootMii doesnt support the wii remote. If you don't have a gamecube controller, you will have to use the (physical) POWER and RESET buttons on the wii itself.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
BootMii doesnt support the wii remote. If you don't have a gamecube controller, you will have to use the (physical) POWER and RESET buttons on the wii itself.
This has been explained countless times within this thread. To the point, that there are multiple deleted instances of the ever same super bad "joke" posts past the expiration date on page 6

How often will this thread get bumped for nothing?

No clear answers from OP. No progress.

I don't see how anything useful could be produced here anymore. I'm out of here (unwatching the thread).

Deleted member 466238

Trophies
XP
Ok guys some time this weekend I'll send some videos of my wii not working
Can't wait to see 2 videos of your Wii showing a black screen when booting! That surely will help us to troubleshoot your problem by telling you the exact same thing for the 600th time!

You have 7 pages of replies on this thread alone and you still can't give us a clear answer of what you have already tried, etc. If you can't fix your Wii on your own, just get a new one.

Seriously why was this thread unlocked again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?