Hacking Hyrule Warriors save editing

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What is the method if inspecting your game save by ejecting your SD card? I'm fascinated to try new methods of hex editing.
Since I use loadiine, I just go to the save folder that loadiine creates for my games and take the app.bin from there
For those with the actual game you need saviine like explained above.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
another thing, weapons can have arbitrary base power values, not just the defaults for Level 1 - 3/Master Sword.
Perhaps link that drop down to a disabled text box which can be enabled if 'Custom' is selected in the drop down?
Yeah, I read the OP while preparing the editor but I did not find any weapon in my savegameusing a custom base power. Is it confirmed there are weapons like that?

BtEtta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I read the OP while preparing the editor but I did not find any weapon in my savegameusing a custom base power. Is it confirmed there are weapons like that?
None that come up naturally, but you can make them. :D
And everything points to the game using those values as expected in its damage calculations without any complaint.

It's no different to modifying the damage of your characters to amounts other that what they'd actually be on for their current level.

Reactions: marc_max

Gamzam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The editor has been updated! Now it calculates the weapon power.
The editor works perfectly! Impressive, since someone else said it'd be impossible, but this really does make things a LOT easier. Is there any way you'd be able to add something to unlock costumes in the future? I think that'd be a neat inclusion.

Emerl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the Save editor! I'm a little confused editing character levels though, because when I change the level, the attack power doesn't scale with it. How do I know what a character's base attack power should be at level 255?

BtEtta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You're better off just editing the experience value to the maximum - 1 (12842456) for every character the next enemy you kill will make the game level you to 255 with the correct attack power and number of hearts.
Once you've got your edited save back on your console just play through one of the quicker adventure mode challenges with each character in turn (I recommend the "Forgetful Foes trials" at F9). You must complete the mission or the new level will not be saved and the exp will reset back to something other than 12842456 meaning you'll have to edit your save again.

Crimson Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using loadiine and I'm wondering if save files are specially linked to the rom used?
i.e. I have both the PAL and NTSC versions of Hyrule Warriors and the save I created works for both of them. However when I try to use someone else's .bin save file, it doesn't work. Any ideas? Sorry if it's the wrong thread.

BtEtta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saves are the same across all regions.

Please post a screenshot of saviine's output while injecting a save that's not working.

BtEtta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm I've loaded other people's APP.BIN files provided here to test certain things and done so without issue. Hence why I wanted to see the saviine output.

Reactions: marc_max

nedron92

Trophies
Website
www.github.com
XP
Country
Germany
After a long time I searched for a wiiU version and see theres editor in dev :D
Only one week ahead till I have my free-time back...maybe I will also changing my editor (after adding all needed new things) to also edit wii u saves. ^^

Reactions: I pwned U!

Crimson Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm I've loaded other people's APP.BIN files provided here to test certain things and done so without issue. Hence why I wanted to see the saviine output.
Oh wow maybe I've been doing this wrong. In loadiine can you not just replace your .bin file with someone else's (in SD:/wiiu/saves/GAME_NAME_HERE/u/)?

From lurking these forums I was under the impression that saviine was only for injecting saves into your console for actual, legit disc games.

BtEtta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't actually know how it works with loadiine, but as far as I know it's dealing with unencrypted saves so the source shouldn't matter.

The reason I asked for the saviine output is that there's an easily made mistake.
When preparing the file for injecting via saviine you need to make sure the path follows this pattern:
saviine_root\inject\[hyrule warriors id]\[user id]\ProjectZ-SAVEDATA\APP.BIN
If you omit the "ProjectZ-SAVEDATA" folder the game will not see the save.

Your symptoms sounded like this. I'm assuming the same applies to loadiine saves — the APP.BIN file must be within a "ProjectZ-SAVEDATA" folder, rather than directly in the root of wherever loadiine stores its save data.

Crimson Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh my mistake - I omitted typing the folder "ProjectZ-SAVEDATA" folder. I have literally been replacing the APP.BIN file that I had created with another user's APP.BIN file but upon boot up of the game, the game says that the save is not compatible. I shall try using Saviine when I get back home from work and see what the output says. Thanks.

BtEtta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saviine only works on disc/eShop copies. So if you're loading the game through Loadiine it's irrelevant. As long as the Loadiine's save is put in the right place everything should be ready to go.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Gamzam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my mistake - I omitted typing the folder "ProjectZ-SAVEDATA" folder. I have literally been replacing the APP.BIN file that I had created with another user's APP.BIN file but upon boot up of the game, the game says that the save is not compatible. I shall try using Saviine when I get back home from work and see what the output says. Thanks.
While you can't use Saviine with Loadiine games, it'd be useful to note for the future that you can easily replace save files in the 'save' folder, just look for 'em.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Saviine is a tool to extract from or inject into the console the savegame of your game.
If it's on the console, the disc version use it.
if it's extracted (on computer or SD card) loadiine can use it.

So, saying "saviine can't be used with loadiine" is not really true, saviine has nothing to do with using loadiine or not. But saviine can be used with Loadiine's savegame without problem.

Loadiine save the savegame on SD card.
Saviine can be used to inject a loadiine savegame back into the console.
Of course, if you use the disc or eshop version you need to extract the savegame before modifying it, but if you use loadiine it's ALREADY on your SD card, so you can already modify it without the need to extract it. (no need to use saviine if you use loadiine). It's not that it "doesn't work with loadiine" but more that it's "not needed as it's already extracted".

(disc or eshop) WiiU Internal <-> saviine <-> External (pc or loadiine)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you