Hacking How to use ShinyQuagsire's Splatoon 2 Post Printer

Tigrokai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh weird, which DLL did you replace with what?
i just replaced the msys-1.0.dll with one that wasnt corrupted
also, not directed towards you, but how should i go about uploading the hex file i built to a leonardo r3?

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
i just replaced the msys-1.0.dll with one that wasnt corrupted
also, not directed towards you, but how should i go about uploading the hex file i built to a leonardo r3?
Ah ok, cool.

For the Arduino part, I'd recommend avrdude. It can flash hex files whereas the Arduino IDE cannot.

Tigrokai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok, cool.

For the Arduino part, I'd recommend avrdude. It can flash hex files whereas the Arduino IDE cannot.
yeah, im using avrdude, but which command specifically would i use for a leonardo r3? i cant find much documentation on it and im inexperienced

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, im using avrdude, but which command specifically would i use for a leonardo r3? i cant find much documentation on it and im inexperienced
So apparently the Leonardo works a bit differently than other boards, in which a reset is required to actually upload to the baord. avrdude can't trigger this reset on its own, but someone made a wrapper that could help:

https://github.com/p1ne/arduino-leonardo-uploader

Tigrokai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So apparently the Leonardo works a bit differently than other boards, in which a reset is required to actually upload to the baord. avrdude can't trigger this reset on its own, but someone made a wrapper that could help:

https://github.com/p1ne/arduino-leonardo-uploader
this kinda confuses me even more, so to flash joystick.hex to my r3, i want to rename it to firmware.hex, same folder as the .bat, and run that, but then what? reset the board using the button? sorry for all the questions >_>

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
this kinda confuses me even more, so to flash joystick.hex to my r3, i want to rename it to firmware.hex, same folder as the .bat, and run that, but then what? reset the board using the button? sorry for all the questions >_>
The .bat should do it on its own I think. I don't have a Leonardo to test with but I can take a look at the code.

Ok, you'll want to open the Windows device manager and find your device. Open the .bat file in a text editor and look for the text "SparkFun Pro Micro" and replace that with what your Arduino shows up as in the device manager. Then run the .bat

Last edited by dj505,

Tigrokai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The .bat should do it on its own I think. I don't have a Leonardo to test with but I can take a look at the code.

Ok, you'll want to open the Windows device manager and find your device. Open the .bat file in a text editor and look for the text "SparkFun Pro Micro" and replace that with what your Arduino shows up as in the device manager. Then run the .bat
that's what i did, but whenever i run it, the window says find: arduino leonardo: no such file or directory, and the same thing for the bootloader right below it, i thought i was doing this right, heres two screenshots for reference: https://i.snag.gy/P4cMlj.jpg https://i.snag.gy/Ms9z65.jpg

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
that's what i did, but whenever i run it, the window says find: arduino leonardo: no such file or directory, and the same thing for the bootloader right below it, i thought i was doing this right, heres two screenshots for reference: https://i.snag.gy/P4cMlj.jpg https://i.snag.gy/Ms9z65.jpg
That looks right tho... Maybe try using the regular avrdude command and hitting the reset button manually? Might take a few tries to get the timing right

Tigrokai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That looks right tho... Maybe try using the regular avrdude command and hitting the reset button manually? Might take a few tries to get the timing right
i finally got it to flash after forcing bootloader mode (pressing the button 3 times seems to be the combo for that) but now after plugging it into my switch (handheld mode) the light turns on, but nothing has happened for like 5 min, did i do something wrong?

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
i finally got it to flash after forcing bootloader mode (pressing the button 3 times seems to be the combo for that) but now after plugging it into my switch (handheld mode) the light turns on, but nothing has happened for like 5 min, did i do something wrong?
Might have to hit the reset button once more once it's plugged in. if not, I'd try remaking your image.c file and running the "make all" command again then re-flashing

Last edited by dj505,

Tigrokai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might have to hit the reset button once more once it's plugged in. if not, I'd try remaking your image.c file and running the "make all" command again then re-flashing
still nothing after reflashing/trying the button/trying the default image, is this how the flashing should look? otherwise, im not really sure what else to try

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada

Tigrokai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... Are you using a USB C to A adapter in handheld mode or the dock's USB ports?
usb c to usb a, which is plugged into the usb a to microusb cable for the board, and i put it directly into the switch, maybe i need to remove the joycons or something?

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat