Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
yeah it is, and reinstalling didnt make a difference, do i need to select any specific packages after installing?
The basic package should be installed, that's about it tho. Sorry about all the questions haha, it's just tough trying to figure out what could be wrong if everything is installed correctly

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so if I wired up some buttons to the Teensy/Arduino, and modified the code accordingly, I could make my own NSwitch controller?

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much! In fact, this Splatoon post printer was derived from Switch-Fightstick, which is a project for exactly that.
Holy shit, that's awesome! I'll pull out my old broken SNES controller and see if I can make it into a NS controller. Again, awesome!!!!

Tigrokai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just went ahead and compiled it on linux with no issue, although one thing that's off is that it'll invert the dark spots incorrectly, and when i used gimp to invert my image (to try to counteract that) it would do the exact same thing, so i'm not sure what thats about, but just filling the whole drawing area with black then selecting the eraser is an easy bandaid fix for that, another issue is that ill have to plug it in a couple of times for it to work properly, as sometimes it'll select the drawing utensil 2 spots over (not sure what thats about) but just trying a couple of times eventually yields the right result at least, but regardless, thanks for all the help, i appreciate it!

Survage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought Teensy ++ 2.0, but it was not recognized by the PC.(Win7 x86 and Win10 x64)
I think the cable is a problem, but I do not know which manufacturer's goods are good.
I used Type-A male ⇔ 5 Pin Mini B male cable.

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Gonna be revamping the guide in a little while here! I'll have separate sections on Teensy 2.0++ (at90usb1286) usage and atmega32u4 usage, as well as some more easily readable instructions.

I bought Teensy ++ 2.0, but it was not recognized by the PC.(Win7 x86 and Win10 x64)
I think the cable is a problem, but I do not know which manufacturer's goods are good.
I used Type-A male ⇔ 5 Pin Mini B male cable.
I'd recommend just trying different cables until it works. They're fairly common and pretty cheap.

lixivial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mh is there a way to invert the Pic at the end?
i have test it with White Background and Black Painting so he makes the Background Black.
Then i have inverted the Raw png and convertet it to the data so that the Background was Black and the Painting White but he still make the Background Black and the Painting White.

Yeah, I'm gonna submit a pull request into WyseNynja's fork to fix that since his fork seems to be maintained. The fix is quite simple; simply have to flip the conditional check in Joystick.c. That should preserve the image generated in image.c. Here's an example.

I'm also working on generating an x-y coordinate map of black pixels, so that the printer can jump to the position rather than perform scanlines. This would speed up printing of images with mostly white backgrounds significantly.

Reactions: TerryG

ri0ts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm gonna submit a pull request into WyseNynja's fork to fix that since his fork seems to be maintained. The fix is quite simple; simply have to flip the conditional check in Joystick.c. That should preserve the image generated in image.c. Here's an example.

I'm also working on generating an x-y coordinate map of black pixels, so that the printer can jump to the position rather than perform scanlines. This would speed up printing of images with mostly white backgrounds significantly.
Can you specify where it is or what line?

tbagg1ns

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i just replaced the msys-1.0.dll with one that wasnt corrupted
also, not directed towards you, but how should i go about uploading the hex file i built to a leonardo r3?

I had the same issue as you were having, would get the error when compiling, but have it working now on an Arduino Leonardo (atmega32u4).

To compile, I tried the previous version of WinAVR, which worked and gave me a hex file. But to program it I needed the latest version that has support for the 32u4. Once that was re-installed, I was able to use avrdude to program the avr.

Once I was ready to go on the switch, just needed to plug in the usb-C to micro-usb from the switch to the leonardo and press the rest button on the leo. Started right up after that. Also, I was using a separate power supply to power the Leo, than just the 5V supplied over USB.

lixivial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you specify where it is or what line?

In shiny's original repo, Joystick.c:354 simply needs to invert the data processing:

Code:
if ((image_data[(xpos / 8)+(ypos*40)] & 1 << (xpos % 8)) && (xpos >= 0))

becomes

Code:
if (!(image_data[(xpos / 8)+(ypos*40)] & 1 << (xpos % 8)) && (xpos >= 0))

This can be viewed in my pull request here. However, WyseNynja has a more active fork that has merged in some improvements around syncing the teensy++ board when docked that I want to test the change against before submitting the pull request there.

Last edited by lixivial,

MegaMagikarp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
It turned out that both arduinos (meag/nano) I owned wasn't supported by LUFA, so I had to order a teensy. Finally arrived in mail. I tried this on my mac (don't have a workstation pc :/) apart from having to compile homebrew avr toolchain, everything else I needed is written in the guide.

It's not as simple as placing some files in certain spots and running "make"
Exactly what I did ._.

Couldn't find my usb c otg cord tho... (too disorganized >_<) but I grabbed a hdmi adapter for usb c macbooks with USB A port on it, works just as well

also not sure why, I had to export as BMP index palette style for my image to appear properly, on Mac version of GIMP at least

Last edited by MegaMagikarp,

ItsTheWolf

Splatoon 2 Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi, I wonder if you can upload Atmel AVR 8-bit and 32-bit GNU Toolchain file on MEGA or Google Drive. I've been trying that page for a bunch of times and they haven't sent me any confirmation or download email, just a welcome one and that's it. I really don't want to go through such a hassle to download a software, and even if it's easy I don't really want to create an account just to download one file (or 2 in this case).
Since it's free anyway I don't think it's breaking any rule to upload it somewhere for easy download, right?
Thank you.

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I wonder if you can upload Atmel AVR 8-bit and 32-bit GNU Toolchain file on MEGA or Google Drive. I've been trying that page for a bunch of times and they haven't sent me any confirmation or download email, just a welcome one and that's it. I really don't want to go through such a hassle to download a software, and even if it's easy I don't really want to create an account just to download one file (or 2 in this case).
Since it's free anyway I don't think it's breaking any rule to upload it somewhere for easy download, right?
Thank you.
I've got a mediafire link here if that helps!

Reactions: ItsTheWolf

monkielikebacon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having an issue, hoping someone here could help:

When I plug in my Teensy board to the switch, all it does is print vertical lines, a la (http://imgur.com/dS1yc5E).

I think it is a problem with the .data file that I'm making in GIMP. I follow this post's instructions to a t, but whenever I look at the file on rawpixels.net it looks all messed up, and if I try to bring it back into gimp post export, it looks even worse.

Anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Tomtortoise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just when I thought I had it, I run into a new error entirely. For whatever reason, the image splits and prints the first 1/3 on the right side and shifts the right 2/3 of the image on the left... How am I even doing this?

infekt22

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I tried every single step and nothing happens. I tried the sample hex file you've provided (ironic image sample) and loaded it using teensy loader which worked instantly. How did you compile that sample hex file? I'm using atmega32u4 by the way...

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
I tried every single step and nothing happens. I tried the sample hex file you've provided (ironic image sample) and loaded it using teensy loader which worked instantly. How did you compile that sample hex file? I'm using atmega32u4 by the way...
Honestly, at this point, the issue could be anything. Seems to differ wildly from person to person. Make sure your makefile specifies the target as an atmega32u4 and not an at90usb1286, and make sure the commands are being typed correctly.

D

Deleted User

The atmel toolchains are impossible to download currently. Please leave your own copy of it in the guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended