Hacking How to softmod your PSP v3

Was this guide helpful and easy to follow?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Maplemage said:
I changed my Character set to US and ChickHEN worked, you should add this to the guide.
If I add everything that might get ChickHEN to work, it'll be one long list so no.

I'm going to update this guide in the next few days with 6.20 replacing 5.xx

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
A NOT SO WILD UPDATE APPEARS.

Any mistakes, missed steps or spelling mistakes tell me plz tnx.
I still have my old guide (TING (in BBCode format)). Not sure if I should of included it in the bottom but oh well!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
"to your download speed is capped" should be "till".

Also note that Later model 3000s can't use 6.20 perm, so if the user has a 3000 (or a go, just to be safe) they should first run the temporary 6.20, then view their system info (which will now show their motherboard revision instead of their MAC), 01g-05g can use permanent, while 09g can't. As far as we know all the Gos are 05g, but it never hurts to be sure.

I'll try to update the FAQ when I can.

I vote for Xist to make the CFW comparison thread.
tongue.gif

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Rydian said:
"to your download speed is capped" should be "till".

Also note that Later model 3000s can't use 6.20 perm, so if the user has a 3000 (or a go, just to be safe) they should first run the temporary 6.20, then view their system info (which will now show their motherboard revision instead of their MAC), 01g-05g can use permanent, while 09g can't. As far as we know all the Gos are 05g, but it never hurts to be sure.Thanks, I'll add this now.QUOTE(Rydian @ May 12 2011, 10:07 AM) I vote for Xist to make the CFW comparison thread.
tongue.gif
oooOOOOooo. That'll be one good read.

cantim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,
I just flashed my psp 3000 to the permanent 6.20 pro-B. If in the future I wanted to change it to the 6.35 pro-b or any other version, how do i get rid of the 6.20 pro-B? Do i have to reformat my memory card?
thanks!

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a new Ratchet and Clank PSP bundle today. Opening it up I found it had firmware 4.20. The guide here worked perfectly. Thanks for the info!

Nesty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have old phat 5.50 softmodded by a friend many years ago but when I install the 6.20 OFW. It says The system software of your PSP system is version 9.90. There is no need to update'. I'm stuck here. Please advise what to do so I can install the OFW and proceed to CFW 6.20. thanks

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Nesty said:
I have old phat 5.50 softmodded by a friend many years ago but when I install the 6.20 OFW. It says The system software of your PSP system is version 9.90. There is no need to update'. I'm stuck here. Please advise what to do so I can install the OFW and proceed to CFW 6.20. thanks
GEN is a pain in the ass to upgrade.
I forgot what I did but check the 5.50 GEN installer, I'm sure there is an option to install 5.50 OFW and then from there you can install 6.20.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Change USB Mode to flash0 in the VSH menu
Connect to PC
Go to flash0/vsh/misc/version.txt
Open up version.txt in notepad
Change 9.90 to 5.00
Exit out and don't forget to change USB back to memory stick

Status