Hacking How to softmod your PSP v3

Was this guide helpful and easy to follow?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombo Combo

That Ain't Falco
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the tutorial and I am on 5.50 Prome-4 on a PSP 1001. What iso loader should I use and am I up to date and how do I tell if there is a update and what do I need to look for if its compatible.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
No ISO loader, place your ISO/CSO files in an /ISO/ folder on the root of your memory stick and they'll show up in the Game menu.

You are up to date.

When there's an update, the FAQ and this guide will be updated, but generally people will be talking about it in the forums.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Updated but I didn't do 6.35, I did 6.20 TN-D.

Also should I put in the semi-hackable 2/300x part a bit about choosing to upgrade to 6.20 TN-D if they want the most support for newer games and not bothered about old homebrew?

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't get ChickHEN to work for the life of me. I'm using a 1000 on 5.03 OFW. What do? I've tried multiple times.

Bustylusty

Trophies
XP
Country
Been trying to get my fully hackable PSP 200x to restart on the very first step of the PSP section of the fully hackable 200x guide, and for the life of me, it doesn't want to work.
I've been sitting here for about an hour just doing it over and over.

I've formatted the memory card twice, and reset to default settings twice. Is there something else I should be doing or should I just keep trying?

Bustylusty

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried using 5.03 ChickHEN HCRF Installer by Skyline969 from pspslimhacks but I still get the same issue. I can get it to crash but I have yet to get it to restart. Been trying for nearly 3 hours now and starting to get a little frustrated.

I don't want to update past 5.03 until I know 100% that it will work.

If you needed to know I got this PSP today and it originally had 3.72 running on it.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is this about MHUspeed? There are helpful videos on Youtube about timing it correctly that helped me when I was getting the hang of it on my 3000.

The way I do it is: scroll over to Photo and down so it says Memory Stick. Press X once, then again as soon as you can to get into the mhuspeed3 sub directory, wait one moment for the first name MHU1 to load and before it displays anything else like images or names just hold down.

It's only tricky to do the first time, and then it's easier and can do it at will. At least on a 2000 you should only have to do it once.

Bustylusty

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you dib! I had to try only twice using your method and it worked straight away! You are a God among men!

Tokyo Jihen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do I have to reinstall 5.50 Gen D3 and Prometheus-4 if I get a new memory stick(or can I just copy paste the contents of the old card in)? Also, do I have to format the memory stick before putting files on it?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The firmware lives within the internal flash of the PSP if you're on a permanent firmware so no. And whilst you don't need to format the stick using the PSP (settings menu option) you may as well as it auto generates all the appropriate folders.

Tokyo Jihen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks xist! I'm sick of my 2 GB pro duo, wayy too small
tongue.gif

RobGee789

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.HacksDen.com
XP
Country
im tring the 5.03 softmod (100X) on my 1004 psp ive got it up to 5.03but when i go to the eggsploit it eithers does nothing or or freezes ive tried this about 200 times and its still the same any tips????
i did notice that OFW 5.00 file says usa when you down load it and mine isa european psp would that make a difference???
and i dont have a PHOTO folder mine is PICTURE does that matter

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Just keep trying. And no the other details matter not.

It's amazing erratic and in fact i never had the patience to get it work on my 1000.

arapozo

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question if someone can answer it.
I have a PSP 3000 and I'm currently on 5.03 Promv3 or Promv4, can't remember.
Should I stay on that or is there an upgrade with better compatibility for the latest games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@