Homebrew How to run metroid on CITRA like this guy?

• Thread starter Deleted-401606
  • Start date
  • Views 10,428
  • Replies 5
D

Deleted-401606

OP

It literally runs with no pixelation and looks amazing,however when I use citra my game looks very pixelated. All the other videos I saw on youtube looked pixelated as well. Anyone have any ideas as to what this man is doing to achieve such good results from citra?

MrCatFace

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Good computer + Probably some build of Citra that runs in 1080p or 4K

I dont know much about Citra, so dont ask me for links

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game has a complex postprocessing effect applied over it, essentially locking the resolution without having to do extra effort to remove it. Have you tried the latest canary build of citra? It might have been fixed already. I remember trying this a while ago and giving up instantly, so I'm not quite sure how to fix it atm.

EDIT: I found this thread while searching around, maybe it could help? https://community.citra-emu.org/t/metroid-samus-returns-possible-to-upscale/3633/13

Last edited by Giodude,
D

Deleted-401606

OP
The game has a complex postprocessing effect applied over it, essentially locking the resolution without having to do extra effort to remove it. Have you tried the latest canary build of citra? It might have been fixed already. I remember trying this a while ago and giving up instantly, so I'm not quite sure how to fix it atm.

EDIT: I found this thread while searching around, maybe it could help? https://community.citra-emu.org/t/metroid-samus-returns-possible-to-upscale/3633/13

On the video the guy says hes using an experimental version but yes that link you posted the man has the game running at higher resolution absolutely.

Reactions: Giodude
D

Deleted-401606

OP
I guess you have to DL an unofficial version to play the game at top notch quality. Why are these called chinese builds? Is it because they package the emulator with their knockoff android game tablets?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    slaphappygamer @ slaphappygamer: I havent played my xbox360 is a couple of years. My switch got much use the last few days. Tears...