How to run metroid on CITRA like this guy?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Maluma, Dec 6, 2017 at 12:43 AM.

1. Maluma
    OP

Maluma GBAtemp Regular

Sep 26, 2016
    United States

It literally runs with no pixelation and looks amazing,however when I use citra my game looks very pixelated. All the other videos I saw on youtube looked pixelated as well. Anyone have any ideas as to what this man is doing to achieve such good results from citra?

2. MrCatFace

MrCatFace GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2017
    Home (Is where the heart is, so my chest?)
    Good computer + Probably some build of Citra that runs in 1080p or 4K

I dont know much about Citra, so dont ask me for links

3. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    The game has a complex postprocessing effect applied over it, essentially locking the resolution without having to do extra effort to remove it. Have you tried the latest canary build of citra? It might have been fixed already. I remember trying this a while ago and giving up instantly, so I'm not quite sure how to fix it atm.

EDIT: I found this thread while searching around, maybe it could help? https://community.citra-emu.org/t/metroid-samus-returns-possible-to-upscale/3633/13

Last edited by Giodude, Dec 6, 2017 at 2:22 AM
  4. Maluma
    OP

Maluma GBAtemp Regular

Sep 26, 2016
    United States
    On the video the guy says hes using an experimental version but yes that link you posted the man has the game running at higher resolution absolutely.

Giodude likes this.
  5. Maluma
    OP

Maluma GBAtemp Regular

Sep 26, 2016
    United States
    I guess you have to DL an unofficial version to play the game at top notch quality. Why are these called chinese builds? Is it because they package the emulator with their knockoff android game tablets?

6. ShroomKing

ShroomKing GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    another Planet
    he's running it at 7x the native resolution(2800x1680) as you can see at 0:17