Homebrew How to move or prevent access to HBC by the kids?

M31Supernova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have noticed that the wii's stock parental guidance adjustments can be set to prevent the kids from updating or using shop channel, etc. but what about the little buggers being able to get into the home brew channel and causing havoc via the aps?
If not ability to password a channel then what about ability to install it or move it way over a screen or two into the blank blocks where no one is bound to go? I think HBC would do well to have passwording for utility type tools or any aps we deem able to to do damage. Besides kids, I don't even really want mom messin around in there with stuff. Imagine the headache involved with a few careless clicks in Anytitle Deleter by a kid or mom of the house. Don't know about you guys but beating them is risky punishment these days..lol
smile.gif

Since such might be down the road a bit the other thing I would like info on is how to get hands on channel wad for to run the mplayer outside HBC. Is done for Backup Loader, why not other cut and dry type aps within HBC?. Is that possable or no?

M31Supernova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know dyno.. the Yoda in me still wants me to will the force upon a nice ap writer to make it a software done deal.. For instance what if I am disabled, don't get around much, and but my telekinesis powers are too weak too pull card?
Ok but seriousely what about someone writing a nice little gui ap for hbc that has sole purpose of hiding hbc aps? I picture it going to sd card and doing a one click 'select all' change to necessary title file extensions. Like change *.dol or whatever into *.pg or whatever. Wouldn't that work and be a plan? Seems if such works it could be incorporated into future release of hbc configuration screen. OR maybe similar results could be had via the HB browsers gui. It already has 'download', 'update', and 'delete' tabs for each ap in its list. Writers could just give all the aps a new little tab called 'parental' or 'protect' or 'hidden'...wouldn't work for aps not done or installed by HB Browser though.
Hey once one of these solutions happens we could give credit to Yoda..lol
wacko.gif

regt123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
removing the sd card isnt even that hard. writing a program like that might take awhile. and also don't double post =/

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Erm seriously.. As said, isn't the answer obvious ? If you remove the SD card and hide it, they can't mess with it. Backuplaunchers still should work if you installed a channel to the channel screen right ? So what the hell do you need to keep the SD card in the Wii anyway for ?

M31Supernova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
umm er.. give a break would ya,

firstly if I can move channel over that'll suffice..failed to see whether or not the wii has such.
secondly if removing card still allows launcher to work great but then I would still need a mplayer channel..get ma point or does that still work?..well I'll try after sleeping and turkey:)

surely some ya just don't understand little ones and what they capable of. A little 3 year old rug rat seeing you tick open that card slot cover has them doing it too at first turn of yer back. Card or no card in there means very bad things. Never advertise to a kid a new place to play.
Heck my first wii got a cookie in it for lunch.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
M31Supernova said:
umm er.. give a break would ya,

firstly if I can move channel over that'll suffice..failed to see whether or not the wii has such.
secondly if removing card still allows launcher to work great but then I would still need a mplayer channel..get ma point or does that still work?..well I'll try after sleeping and turkey:)

surely some ya just don't understand little ones and what they capable of. A little 3 year old rug rat seeing you tick open that card slot cover has them doing it too at first turn of yer back. Card or no card in there means very bad things. Never advertise to a kid a new place to play.
Heck my first wii got a cookie in it for lunch.

And why the hell would you take off the SD card when your kids are watching ? ( or brothers or w/e )... Just do it when no one is watching. Well yes, you can A+B and grab it to the last pages of channels, but I see no point in that since HBC is useless anyway without the SD card. Just hide it somewhere D:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1