Hacking Yet Another BlueDump MOD (YABDM).

Notshane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I am not sure if you guys are still active here or not, but I have been having some trouble with this app and need assistance.

I requested my problem into an individual thread, which I was told to relocate here. Here is a recap of how far I got into my problem:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-make-a-virtual-console-arcade-game-into-a-wad.387311/

And it was left at how one of my games can not have its Channel Title changed due to an unknown error; mentioned in that thread along with an image showing the error itself. It is not a major issue, but it would be nice if I could do that.

Also, speaking of changing titles, the wads no longer have the "Release: (year of release)" and "Players: (number of players)" tag on them before I go to the game as they usually did. How do I put these back?

Lastly, I can not find the MSX title I bought off of the Wii Shop that I wanted to convert into a WAD to use on my other Wii. I have been coping with this problem for quite some time now and help would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: DarkMatterCore

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hey, I am not sure if you guys are still active here or not, but I have been having some trouble with this app and need assistance.

I requested my problem into an individual thread, which I was told to relocate here. Here is a recap of how far I got into my problem:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-make-a-virtual-console-arcade-game-into-a-wad.387311/

And it was left at how one of my games can not have its Channel Title changed due to an unknown error; mentioned in that thread along with an image showing the error itself. It is not a major issue, but it would be nice if I could do that.

Also, speaking of changing titles, the wads no longer have the "Release: (year of release)" and "Players: (number of players)" tag on them before I go to the game as they usually did. How do I put these back?

Lastly, I can not find the MSX title I bought off of the Wii Shop that I wanted to convert into a WAD to use on my other Wii. I have been coping with this problem for quite some time now and help would be greatly appreciated.

Please enable the debug mode in the application by changing the value of the "debug" argument in the meta.xml file from "0" to "1", try to reproduce all the problems you described and exit back to the HBC (that includes searching for your MSX game). Then, post the contents of the YABDM.log file, which should be in the root of your SD card up to this point.

Maybe the MSX game doesn't use a common IMET header structure to store its Unicode title. I should be able to add support to it.

The problem with the filename having a ".wadd" extension is probably related to the lack of proper Shift-JIS Unicode support in the application. And yes, I know I should have already implemented this, but I haven't had enough time to do it, since it would require me to rewrite critical portions of the code. But I know I eventually will.

Regarding the problem with ShowMiiWads, I believe that this program may be at fault in this case. You see, YABDM calculates the hash of each content file from the selected title while dumping, and compares it with the hash stored on the TMD; if it doesn't match, the dump process is automatically cancelled and the error is logged to the selected storage device (if the debug mode is enabled). If you have the WAD, you couldn't have possibly gotten a bad dump; the logfile should clear up any possible suspicions, though.

Notshane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please enable the debug mode in the application by changing the value of the "debug" argument in the meta.xml file from "0" to "1", try to reproduce all the problems you described and exit back to the HBC (that includes searching for your MSX game). Then, post the contents of the YABDM.log file, which should be in the root of your SD card up to this point.

Maybe the MSX game doesn't use a common IMET header structure to store its Unicode title. I should be able to add support to it.

The problem with the filename having a ".wadd" extension is probably related to the lack of proper Shift-JIS Unicode support in the application. And yes, I know I should have already implemented this, but I haven't had enough time to do it, since it would require me to rewrite critical portions of the code. But I know I eventually will.

Regarding the problem with ShowMiiWads, I believe that this program may be at fault in this case. You see, YABDM calculates the hash of each content file from the selected title while dumping, and compares it with the hash stored on the TMD; if it doesn't match, the dump process is automatically cancelled and the error is logged to the selected storage device (if the debug mode is enabled). If you have the WAD, you couldn't have possibly gotten a bad dump; the logfile should clear up any possible suspicions, though.

Alright, I will do that. But, I have some other questions regarding the progress I have made so far.

For that game with the ".wadd" extension in place of the usual ".wad" type, all I did was delete the extra "d" and it showed up in WAD Manager and installed fine; runs okay too. Truly only suffers from a corruption that prevents me from renaming the channel title and maybe other things; though I have not experimented with them yet. I could just re-dump the wad again and send it to you so that you can expect it for yourself; it does feel strange that I can still play it, but not do anything else beyond that simply by renaming the extension. As such, I feel like it should be its own individual problem to simply look at it as a whole; like, for instance, re-dumping the file and leaving it as ".wadd" and sending it to you for inspection, if that is possible. If not, I can just do the debug thing with this as well if you need to look at specific code information.

I will do the debug switch over, regardless, to address the MSX game issue and might as well just re-dump the game anyway with the channel title issue since it is all on the same app. However, the thing is I do not know what to do about the MSX game; I could never find it to begin with. Unless it will just automatically show up after I turn debug mode on, finding it will be quite a stretch.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Alright, I will do that. But, I have some other questions regarding the progress I have made so far.

For that game with the ".wadd" extension in place of the usual ".wad" type, all I did was delete the extra "d" and it showed up in WAD Manager and installed fine; runs okay too. Truly only suffers from a corruption that prevents me from renaming the channel title and maybe other things; though I have not experimented with them yet. I could just re-dump the wad again and send it to you so that you can expect it for yourself; it does feel strange that I can still play it, but not do anything else beyond that simply by renaming the extension. As such, I feel like it should be its own individual problem to simply look at it as a whole; like, for instance, re-dumping the file and leaving it as ".wadd" and sending it to you for inspection, if that is possible. If not, I can just do the debug thing with this as well if you need to look at specific code information.

I will do the debug switch over, regardless, to address the MSX game issue and might as well just re-dump the game anyway with the channel title issue since it is all on the same app. However, the thing is I do not know what to do about the MSX game; I could never find it to begin with. Unless it will just automatically show up after I turn debug mode on, finding it will be quite a stretch.

If you can, just do both things, please. Just send me the debug information and the WAD dump through PM. Remember to "search" for the MSX title before you go back to the HBC, it doesn't matter if the title name isn't displayed.

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used System Transfer on launch day to transfer my Wii stuff to my new Wii U back in 2012, and I thought I could use YABDM to move save data and Titles back to the Wii. But when I try to restore save data for SSBB, it says:
ISFS_Delete(bunch of stuff I don't understand) returned -106 Error flashing file to NAND.

I have played Brawl numerous times on this Wii (I created a new save after the system transfer back in 2012) so I know that can't be the problem. Do you know what this error is? And do you know if it's possible to use content.bin files from the vWii + a NAND dump & keys of the old Wii to transfer VC and WiiWare titles back to my old Wii?

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind about the content.bin conversion. I got that to work. I'm still getting that ISFS_Delete() -106 error whenever I try to restore any kind of savegame, though.

Phillipos Andemariam

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
spaceracers.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, not saying that you should, but you would do me a great favor if you actually tried to dump the titles that made the original BlueDump crash in your Wii, using YABDM of course. Literally, the only people besides me that have tested the application are JoostinOnline and stomp_442; most of the bugs I found were fixed because I actually reproduced them in my countless tests.

There are a few things I'm interested to test in other consoles:

* General application performance VS original BlueDump performance.
* DLC name reading AND dumping.
* Content.bin conversion process to WAD files. In all my tests, the hashes from the converted files matched those from the WADs created through the main title browser, but I haven't had the opportunity to test this in a different Wii.
* Most importantly, actual vWii compatibility! (includes everything mentioned above)

I also want to improve the USB compatibility, though I don't really know where to start. It shouldn't be necessary to try out 45MB+ channel dumping; the mere fact that I was able to dump the "Wii + Internet" channel proves that it works OK. :)
Do you have the wad file for the "Wii + Internet" video channel? If so, show me the link.

TWiiT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, I have an important question.

As I am trying to make YADBM work on virgin/non-homebrewed Wiis, I finally made it possible to 'load' it through Smash Stack and a converted LoadMii 0.3 to elf (by a fiend of mine, who I'll credit if I can make this work). Once I try to get past the USB flash drive detection (it inserted = freezing), once it tries to use the SD card as a storage device for it, it gives me this exception:

Exception (DSI) occurred!
GPR00 800090D0 GPR08 00000001 GPR16 00000000 GPR24 00000000
GPR01 80106C70 GPR09 00000001 GPR17 00000000 GPR25 00000000
GPR02 8006428C GPR10 00009032 GPR18 00000000 GPR26 00000000
GPR03 00000000 CPR11 80106C50 GPR19 00000000 GPR27 00000000
GPR04 80205DA0 CPR12 CD006430 GPR20 00000000 GPR28 00000000
GPR05 00001032 CPR13 80070320 GPR21 00000000 GPR29 00000000
GPR06 00009032 GPR14 00000000 GPR22 00000000 GPR30 800782A8
GPR07 00000000 GPR15 00000000 GPR23 00000000 GPR31 80205CB0
LR 800090D0 SRR0 800090d8 SRR1 00009032 MSR 00001000
DAR 00000000 DSISR 04000000

STACK DUMP:
800090d8 --> 800090d0 --> 8002c460

CODE DUMP:
800090d8: 80B80000 2F850000 419E0018 3C60800E
800090e8: 3863512C 38800400 4CC63182 4803E541
800090f8: 4800D991 3C608006 38639F08 4CC63182

Reloading in 10 seconds

After the 10 seconds, it just boots up the Wii menu. I tried multiple IOS (58 for sure, along with 36 (Brawl's IOS)) but it has the same result.

Is there any way to fix this crash? If yes/no, please tell me how/why! (As in technical wise why it wouldn't work, to see if there are any workarounds for 4.3)

Edit: After some research, it may be because of the HW_AHBPROT flag, which is disabled through the HBC. Is there a way to essentialy disable it through just the dol of YABDM, or perhaps through LoadMii?

Last edited by TWiiT,

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Question: i have some channels/forwarders that i installed trough the coder's official installers instead of using wads (like wiimc, fceugx, vbagx ecc.). If i want to backup them in .wad for a more simple future reinstall procedure, do i have to patch them when requested if i want to install them in other wiis?
And what about official channels like netflix and crunchyroll? I want to backup them just in case they will no longer be available on Nintendo servers. I have also to patch them to install back to my wii in the future or in other wiis?

Last edited by Zonta85,

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
Question: i have some channels/forwarders that i installed trough the coder's official installers instead of using wads (like wiimc, fceugx, vbagx ecc.). If i want to backup them in .wad for a more simple future reinstall procedure, do i have to patch them when requested if i want to install them in other wiis?
And what about official channels like netflix and crunchyroll? I want to backup them just in case they will no longer be available on Nintendo servers. I have also to patch them to install back to my wii in the future or in other wiis?
No, no need to patch them.

Reactions: Zonta85

Kizul Emeraldfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone made a thread almost three years ago asking about how to install Wii channels on vWii — and someone linked that person to this thread — but I have pretty much the opposite question. ò.o

I bought a VC title on my vWii Shop Channel (and downloaded the game onto an SD card), and later decided to put the SD card into my regular Wii and try and play the VC title in its native resolution — which I've heard is impossible to do on vWii.

Unfortunately, I somehow neglected to remember that Nintendo is death on software copying, so despite the VC title showing on the SD card, my Wii refuses to run it. >.>

So my question is this: can I use this mod to effectively move the VC title from my vWii to my Wii? ò.o (And, if yes: could someone PM me a step-by-step way to do this? >.> I've successfully softmodded my Wii, and have the Homebrew Channel installed… but aside from using it to load a few GameCube ISOs and back up my GameCube Memory Cards, I'm more or less clueless with using/installing most Homebrew stuff. :|)

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone made a thread almost three years ago asking about how to install Wii channels on vWii — and someone linked that person to this thread — but I have pretty much the opposite question. ò.o

I bought a VC title on my vWii Shop Channel (and downloaded the game onto an SD card), and later decided to put the SD card into my regular Wii and try and play the VC title in its native resolution — which I've heard is impossible to do on vWii.

Unfortunately, I somehow neglected to remember that Nintendo is death on software copying, so despite the VC title showing on the SD card, my Wii refuses to run it. >.>

So my question is this: can I use this mod to effectively move the VC title from my vWii to my Wii? ò.o (And, if yes: could someone PM me a step-by-step way to do this? >.> I've successfully softmodded my Wii, and have the Homebrew Channel installed… but aside from using it to load a few GameCube ISOs and back up my GameCube Memory Cards, I'm more or less clueless with using/installing most Homebrew stuff. :|)

Use EmuNAND or NEEK. If the title isn't signed with the console key from the console it was purchased on the system menu won't load it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1