Hacking Yet Another BlueDump MOD (YABDM).

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
YABDM v1.5 (October 13th, 2014 - DarkMatterCore):

* Fixed the region change procedure for DLC titles. Their Title IDs will now reflect the selected new region (in order to make them detectable by their corresponding game/channel).
* The region change prompt will now always be displayed. Keep in mind that if you enable this option, the Ticket and/or TMD will be fakesigned automatically, depending on the category of the selected title (even if you choose not to).
* If the application detects that the Common Key Index is different than 0, it will automatically fakesign the Ticket (even if you choose not to), instead of only changing its value.
* Reimplemented the Wii disc light feature as an optional read/write indicator. You can enable it through the use of the "wiilight" argument in the meta.xml file.
* Reimplemented the ability to update the application straight from the Google Code SVN repository, by pressing buttons A and B at the same time. The meta.xml file will also get updated.

First post has been updated.

Reactions: sabandellos

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
YABDM v1.6 (November 16th, 2014 - DarkMatterCore):

* Added support for vWii System Menu versions 608, 609 and 610.
* Added support for mauifrog's System Menu 4.1 modified versions.
* Updated the internal name list to add support for vWii hidden channels.
* The update procedure now checks if you already have the latest YABDM version.
* The logfile now shows if the application is running under vWii.
* The reset_log() function was removed. Now, a line formed by dashes is used to divide each subsequent logging session from another.
* The application is now able to use the BootMii dump data from another Wii in the content.bin conversion process. It'll only look for the files if the content.bin's Console ID doesn't match the one from the console the application is being run on. Please keep in mind that you'll also need to have a copy of the Ticket file on your NAND, or either manually place it under /YABDM/Tickets/ in the selected output device, using the following naming scheme: TITLE_HIGH-TITLE_LOW.tik (e.g. sd:/YABDM/Tickets/00010001-57475345.tik). If you choose not to fakesign the output WAD, it'll retain the signature from its original console.
* Some other minor fixes and corrections.

Reactions: gburgue

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
YABDM v1.7 (November 28th, 2014 - DarkMatterCore):

* The application's code flow was modified to remove the overuse of the exit function and to deal with unhandled memory exceptions. Thanks to this, the goodbye() function has now been removed, and only a single call to Reboot() is performed.
* An additional settings menu has been implemented. It can be entered by pressing button -/L. There, you can either choose to switch storage devices through the Device Menu, or to update the application.
* It is now verified if the console keys collected from the BootMii data are null (zero-filled) or belong to the console the application is being run on before using them.
* Added compatibility with Priiloader. Thanks to this, the application can now generate valid System Menu WADs even if Priiloader has been installed.
* LoadTikFromDevice() is now merged with GetTicket() (it should have been like this from the beginning).
* The IOS selection menu now also skips BootMii IOS and stub IOSes.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
YABDM v1.8 (December 9th, 2014 - DarkMatterCore):

* Fixed a bug where garbled text was being displayed for titles that use 0xFF instead of 0x00 as the preceding byte for each character in their name field (fixes MEGA MAN 9 DLC, possibly others).
* If a given title only has whitespaces on its description field, the application will no longer display them (fixes Dead Space Extraction, possibly others).
* Added compatibility with custom USB 2.0 modules from various cIOS, using a modified version of the usb2storage.c driver from WiiXplorer.
* The USB mounting process now has a 10 seconds timeout, instead of using a retry system.
* The ehcmodule will be loaded into Starlet using mload if the loaded IOS is an Hermes cIOS.
* IOS reload option added to the Settings Menu.
* If the hardware protection is disabled, the current IOS is patched before an IOS reload is performed to keep the access rights.
* Changed the default IOS selection menu value to IOS249.
* License upgraded to GNU-GPL v3.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it was initially extracted from vWii, or did you dumped your Wii save and try to put it to vWii now?
if it's from Wii, play the game and create a save on vWii first then try again.

if there's an issue in yabodm, you can try SavegameManagerGX

Reactions: DarkMatterCore

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
He must have played the game at least once under vWii, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to "restore" the save in the first place. YABDM actually depends on the game directory being available under /title/00010000.

Sheldon392 Please, enable the debug mode in the application by changing the value of the 'debug' argument to '1' in the meta.xml file. Then, reproduce the problem, exit to the loader and post the contents of the YABDM.log file.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
a user suggested an option to dump all clean IOS at once.
We added IOS dump in softmod guides to allow easier semi-brick recovery. but users have to navigate to each title and select dump to wad, select NO to both fakesigns etc.

If you can add an option "dump all Clean vWii IOS" for example, and batch the process that would be great for next revision :)

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, when I launch this in Homebrew I get an error saying error opening /Shared1/ContentMap1 or Size=0. What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

MM

Make sure you're using the latest version of the Homebrew Channel. Or, in case you're using the IOS selection menu, check if you're using one that doesn't have the NAND access permissions patched; they're necessary to read the NAND filesystem.

Cyan I plan to release a new version with such feature on the next few days. :)

Reactions: mediaman_europe

mediaman_europe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you're using the latest version of the Homebrew Channel. Or, in case you're using the IOS selection menu, check if you're using one that doesn't have the NAND access permissions patched; they're necessary to read the NAND filesystem.

Cyan I plan to release a new version with such feature on the next few days. :)

Hi, I'm using v1.1.2 obtained from the bootmii.org site from hackmii installer 1.2. I'm using IOS58 but have tried others without success?

mediaman_europe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's weird. Does the application ask you if you want to use full hardware access?

No, when I launch it just asks for the IOS version and then USB or SD card. No matter what I select it gives me the error opening /Shared1/ContentMap1 or Size=0. I've tried older versions of YABDM and still get the same result? Frustrating as I wanted to backup all the IOS as recommended before applying the cIOS.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
No, when I launch it just asks for the IOS version and then USB or SD card. No matter what I select it gives me the error opening /Shared1/ContentMap1 or Size=0. I've tried older versions of YABDM and still get the same result? Frustrating as I wanted to backup all the IOS as recommended before applying the cIOS.

Make sure you're using the latest version of the application, and also check that the meta.xml file is present in /apps/YABDM (with the "<ahb_access/>" tag). It is necessary in order to inherit full hardware access from the HBC.

mediaman_europe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you're using the latest version of the application, and also check that the meta.xml file is present in /apps/YABDM (with the "<ahb_access/>" tag). It is necessary in order to inherit full hardware access from the HBC.

Thanks, I downloaded v1.8 from:

https://code.google.com/p/bluedump-mod/

This included the dol, icon and meta.xml. I've checked and it has the <ahb_access/> tag after the long description.

Cheers,

MM

mediaman_europe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I downloaded v1.8 from:

https://code.google.com/p/bluedump-mod/

This included the dol, icon and meta.xml. I've checked and it has the <ahb_access/> tag after the long description.

Cheers,

MM

I think I have finally resolved it, as I've download the complete package for 1.8 from a link on mediafire and that works. I think it must have been something wrong with the meta.xml file. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol