Homebrew How to I set cpu overclock for launching slot-1 flashcart from TWiLight Menu++?

Inkadinkadoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so here's the deal... I've got a N3DSXL with the latest version of TWiLight Menu++ and an Ace3ds+ clone cart. I want to launch the slot_1 flashcart from TWiLight Menu++ with cpu overclock and audio enhancement enabled, but I cannot find a universal setting for clock speed, I can only see it as a per-game setting by pressing Y on the DSi menu. DSi menu doesn't seem to show slot-1 as an option, so I have to launch slot-1 from ds classic menu. I could only find a universal setting for audio frequency. I know TWLoader had settings for both of these, but cpu overclock seems to be missing from the nds-bootstrap settings in TWiLight Menu++.

This has me questioning, am I doing something wrong? should i be launching TWiLight Menu++ from the flashcart directly?
My end goal is I wanna launch ds games from flashcart, with overclocking and audio enhancements.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so here's the deal... I've got a N3DSXL with the latest version of TWiLight Menu++ and an Ace3ds+ clone cart. I want to launch the slot_1 flashcart from TWiLight Menu++ with cpu overclock and audio enhancement enabled, but I cannot find a universal setting for clock speed, I can only see it as a per-game setting by pressing Y on the DSi menu. DSi menu doesn't seem to show slot-1 as an option, so I have to launch slot-1 from ds classic menu. I could only find a universal setting for audio frequency. I know TWLoader had settings for both of these, but cpu overclock seems to be missing from the nds-bootstrap settings in TWiLight Menu++.

This has me questioning, am I doing something wrong? should i be launching TWiLight Menu++ from the flashcart directly?
My end goal is I wanna launch ds games from flashcart, with overclocking and audio enhancements.
First, open this page: https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/installing-3ds#accessing-flashcard-contents
Then, follow the steps under "Accessing flashcard contents".

Reactions: Inkadinkadoo

Inkadinkadoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds like a much better way of doing things! I didn't even know that was possible, thanks for the link!
Post automatically merged:

does this also mean I could potentially launch roms located on the system sd with the flashcart launcher? to bypass the 32gb sd card restriction?

Last edited by Inkadinkadoo,
Reactions: RocketRobz

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Inkadinkadoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, not possible.
Also, larger SD cards are already supported. They just need to be formatted with FAT32. See this page for more information: https://dsi.cfw.guide/sd-card-setup.html
I thought for some reason most flash carts only support 2gb, or up to 32gb cards in the "sdhc" style clones. I suppose i don't know why a larger sd card wouldn't work when formatted fat32...

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought for some reason most flash carts only support 2gb, or up to 32gb cards in the "sdhc" style clones. I suppose i don't know why a larger sd card wouldn't work when formatted fat32...
I thought you we're referring to using a larger SD card for the console itself.
Some flashcards may not be compatible with SD cards above 32GB.

Inkadinkadoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, I can't seem to get TWLMenu++ to autoboot flashcart at twl clock... dsi touch mode just breaks touch screen functionality on every NTR game. something might also be bugged, because I was able to switch between viewing system sd and flashcart contents from TWLMenu++ last night and now TWLMenu++ doesn't detect the flashcard contents. I tested this flashcart on another system with TWLoader 6.7.0 and was able to boot with TWL clocks no issues, but TWLoader afaik doesn't support autoboot on slot 1?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, I can't seem to get TWLMenu++ to autoboot flashcart at twl clock... dsi touch mode just breaks touch screen functionality on every NTR game. something might also be bugged, because I was able to switch between viewing system sd and flashcart contents from TWLMenu++ last night and now TWLMenu++ doesn't detect the flashcard contents. I tested this flashcart on another system with TWLoader 6.7.0 and was able to boot with TWL clocks no issues, but TWLoader afaik doesn't support autoboot on slot 1?
Yes, TWLoader doesn't support it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste