Status
Not open for further replies.

hypercoyote

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if this is something that's been covered in this giant 287 page thread, but my DDWRT Homepass with MAC auto-roll was working fine until just the last few days. I was reading some of this thread and I noticed a few things have changed, one being the SSID is now NZ@McD1, so I fixed that on the router (no encryption, I'm running the latest 3DS FW). My script I ran is "wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE1,BASE16,GBATEMP,BASE256" and that executed fine and has worked in the past. The cron job appears, it's rolling through MACs on the list, but my 3DS isn't getting the green light showing any hits on it. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? I previously had a connection setup for it (when I was still using attwifi) but I took that off. I can't really figure out why it's not working unless it's just rolling through bad MACs.

EDIT: SMH....so after doing a tcpdump on my router to make sure my 3DS was checking in, I'm guessing it was just because I wasn't getting any hits on non-full streetpass titles. I had plenty of slots left on one game, but Mii Plaza was full. I thought it still did the blinking green light at least, but apparently it only shows the light if it's getting hits on free titles. Once I freed up slots on Mii Plaza, I got a green light again.

wilflare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Reactions: Scytheri0n

wilflare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
- and Shibata still eludes me

EDIT: I'm an idiot - I already got Reggie... which is for NA
which is why I won't get Shibata cause he's EU exclusive T_T

all is well then

epro99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've unfortunately had no luck getting this working properly - my computer always freezes and blue screens and no streetpasses are received.

My set-up: Windows 8.1, trying the native Windows setup using nzone.exe. I have the TP-Link TL-WN823N USB adapter.

I'm disabling my ethernet connection, using the administrator command prompt to run nzone.exe BASE256 (BASE16 is also met with the same blue screens). I get an attwifi connection, and my 3DS is recognizing that a Nintendo Zone is nearby, but again, my computer always freezes and then blue screens and reboots shortly after.

I've tried the VMWare method as well, but I'm so unfamiliar with what is going on that I'm not sure where the error could be coming from in that method either.

Nego

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm sorry to bother you with this but I'd need help with setting up Homepass correctly. I live in a country where Nintendo Zones no longer exist so I'm unable to take part in the Streetpass Week activities. I've also skipped the payble Streetpass Mii Plaza games because of the lack of frequent streetpasses.

I tried setting up Homepass and was able to do it so that the Nintendo Zone app starts flashing. However, it does not work (it can't connect to the NZ) and I just plain don't receive new Streetpasses or Shibata either, no matter how long I wait. I've tried both by setting up the connection on my 3DS and not setting it up but neither shows any results. Still my 3DS is able to connect to the Nintendo Zone at least in some way since the NZ viewer up does start flashing in the home menu.

I have Win 8 and am using my laptop's internal wireless card to connect. I do have an old DS WiFi USB dongle but I don't know if that would work?

Scytheri0n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
I'm sorry to bother you with this but I'd need help with setting up Homepass correctly. I live in a country where Nintendo Zones no longer exist so I'm unable to take part in the Streetpass Week activities. I've also skipped the payble Streetpass Mii Plaza games because of the lack of frequent streetpasses.

I tried setting up Homepass and was able to do it so that the Nintendo Zone app starts flashing. However, it does not work (it can't connect to the NZ) and I just plain don't receive new Streetpasses or Shibata either, no matter how long I wait. I've tried both by setting up the connection on my 3DS and not setting it up but neither shows any results. Still my 3DS is able to connect to the Nintendo Zone at least in some way since the NZ viewer up does start flashing in the home menu.

I have Win 8 and am using my laptop's internal wireless card to connect. I do have an old DS WiFi USB dongle but I don't know if that would work?

You need to find out if your NZ is using the right MAC address. If its not, then you'll get the viewer pop up on your system, but no StreetPasses. Run 'ipconfig' from the command line to see that it has changed your wireless cards MAC.

As for the Nintendo WiFi USB Connector, one of our users posted a video tutorial here for Windows 7, but it should be much the same for Windows 8. :)

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

Did you change the wireless LAN MAC address?

Scytheri0n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
I've unfortunately had no luck getting this working properly - my computer always freezes and blue screens and no streetpasses are received.

My set-up: Windows 8.1, trying the native Windows setup using nzone.exe. I have the TP-Link TL-WN823N USB adapter.

I'm disabling my ethernet connection, using the administrator command prompt to run nzone.exe BASE256 (BASE16 is also met with the same blue screens). I get an attwifi connection, and my 3DS is recognizing that a Nintendo Zone is nearby, but again, my computer always freezes and then blue screens and reboots shortly after.

I've tried the VMWare method as well, but I'm so unfamiliar with what is going on that I'm not sure where the error could be coming from in that method either.

Make sure your drivers are up to date for you wifi dongle and check out Syphos' post here for a SoftAP program to use. If that doesn't work, hopefully someone else here has had experience with getting that dongle working.

Nego

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You need to find out if your NZ is using the right MAC address. If its not, then you'll get the viewer pop up on your system, but no StreetPasses. Run 'ipconfig' from the command line to see that it has changed your wireless cards MAC.

As for the Nintendo WiFi USB Connector, one of our users posted a video tutorial here for Windows 7, but it should be much the same for Windows 8. :)
Thank you for the reply!

I run 'ipconfig' from the command line but I cannot find any mentions regaring the mac address, so I guess it has not changed the MAC address. I couldn't get maccheck to work earlier but running it now in a different way reveals my wireless lan card is a ralink and there's no ones, only zeroes. :\

Thanks for the help in anyways, I'll try to check if I can get it work using the Nintendo WiFi USB connector. Turns out I still have it at my mom's place so it'll take me a day or two before I'm able to test it.

Nego

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Did you change the wireless LAN MAC address?
Thank you for the reply! Turns out my wireless lan card can't change the mac. I tried to change the mac with TMAC v6 earlier but failed.
Do you know if it's possible to do this manually? I downloaded TMAC v6 but wasn't able to change it.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thank you for the reply! Turns out my wireless lan card can't change the mac. I tried to change the mac with TMAC v6 earlier but failed.
Do you know if it's possible to do this manually? I downloaded TMAC v6 but wasn't able to change it.
Sorry, the computer method is the only one I haven't tried yet. First, check if you're able to change the MAC with maccheck.cmd. If it returns you can, try nzone.exe (easiest method) or the precompiled Linux image. As a last resort, you can also try macshift (but it's a command line tool).

Scytheri0n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
For those of you thinking that I had given up on XZone ... Think again! Here's an awesome massive update for you specially for International StreetPass Week!

v0.6a

New Features!!! -

• Added real Nintendo Zone MACs and their respective SSIDs! Now you can interface with real users at real locations! Should allow you to get the special bits and pieces being handed out at those locations. Yay! (Note, this may not be implemented properly as I had to guess what SSIDs some of the Zones are using)
  • Added custom MAC addresses as submitted by GBATemp users! Now those who can't get a HomePass relay set up can still get StreetPasses thanks to your generosity!
  • Launch options allow you to change your saved preferences at launch (instead of resetting them all!)
  • Added an upgrade check routine to make sure you're future proof! Whoop!
Bug Fixes & Changes -
  • Squashed a tiny bug gnawing on the Lion's mane (meaning I got XZone working properly for 10.7 users)
  • Fixed a bug messing with Nintendo World SSID setting
  • XZone now logs by default so users aren't spammed
  • Support folder is only created if it doesn't exist
  • SSIDs removed from 3DS code also removed from XZone
  • Allowed a persistent connection (i.e. No cycling) for those of you who wish it
  • And a few more that I can't be bothered to type out
As always, you can find XZone by following the link in my sig. :) If you have any issues or feature requests, please make use of the GitHub repository that XZone is hosted on so we don't fill up this thread with off-topic posts.
Have Fun!

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
For those of you thinking that I had given up on XZone ... Think again! Here's an awesome massive update for you specially for International StreetPass Week!

v0.6a

New Features!!! -

• Added real Nintendo Zone MACs and their respective SSIDs! Now you can interface with real users at real locations! Should allow you to get the special bits and pieces being handed out at those locations. Yay! (Note, this may not be implemented properly as I had to guess what SSIDs some of the Zones are using)
  • Added custom MAC addresses as submitted by GBATemp users! Now those who can't get a HomePass relay set up can still get StreetPasses thanks to your generosity!
  • Launch options allow you to change your saved preferences at launch (instead of resetting them all!)
Bug Fixes & Changes -
  • Squashed a tiny bug gnawing on the Lion's mane (meaning I got XZone working properly for 10.7 users)
  • Allowed a persistent connection (i.e. No cycling) for those of you who wish it
As always, you can find XZone by following the link in my sig. :) If you have any issues or feature requests, please make use of the GitHub repository that XZone is hosted on so we don't fill up this thread with off-topic posts.
Have Fun!
Can I have the special theme with DD-WRT somehow?
EDIT: And how can I get real Zones (MAC+SSID)?

epro99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure your drivers are up to date for you wifi dongle and check out Syphos' post here for a SoftAP program to use. If that doesn't work, hopefully someone else here has had experience with getting that dongle working.
Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, still no luck. Per Syphos' post my chipset is not on the list. The Windows Device Manager driver updater says my drivers are up to date. If I try to manually install the drivers from the Realtek or TP-Link webpages, my computer freezes.

Maybe I'll give the Sanoxy Wifi extender a shot. I really can't try the router method with my current internet setup as I'm leasing a modem/router combo from Comcast and I'm not sure how it would work without drastically changing my set-up (as I doubt just plugging in a DD-WRT flashed router into the modem/router combo would work easily, especially since I'd have to use the Wifi dongle that's already giving me problems just to connect to it.)

wilflare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

v0.6a

New Features!!! -

Bug Fixes & Changes -

Have Fun!

awesome~! what's the best way to update though? ^^

CresentChaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Fellow Gamers and Programers,

Sorry for being a noob and asking this but, what is a good USB router for this as well as a normal router, I'm having a trouble finding a decent one.... I prefer a USB One of too much of a issue then a normal one, :]

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello Fellow Gamers and Programers,

Sorry for being a noob and asking this but, what is a good USB router for this as well as a normal router, I'm having a trouble finding a decent one.... I prefer a USB One of too much of a issue then a normal one, :]
But if you have a normal one, you don't the PC to be turned on all the time. ;) But back to the topic, I have a TL-WRT841N (TP-LINK) with DD-WRT and it's quite stable.

CresentChaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if you have a normal one, you don't the PC to be turned on all the time. ;) But back to the topic, I have a TL-WRT841N (TP-LINK) with DD-WRT and it's quite stable.
Well that's very true indeed. I'm going with mobility for now thus the USB option but do you happen to know a good normal one? something that can be scripted to change every so often??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.