• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nego

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I was able to make a homepass relay by using the Nintendo WiFi USB Connector. Thanks for the tip, Scytheri0n!

Still no Nintendo Zone viewer functionality. I also am unable to get the special mii. Did they take that off already? Sucks if they did.

In any case, this is really helping me out getting those puzzles completed on my old 3DS while getting a lot of streetpasses for ACNL on my new 3DS so I have to say I'm not sorry to have spent a few hours setting the relay up.

nuvandibe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using NZone. I have two issues right now.

First issue: No streetpasses. Ethernet connected, Local Area Connection internet shared with Wireless Network Connection 3 (Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter), MAC is cycling just fine on WNC3. New 3DS XL is able to see the Nintendo Zone hotspot. 3DS has no saved networks. WNC3 (miniport adapter) status says Internet beside IPv4 Connectivity.

Second issue: I need to put my homepass in a place far away from my router, so it needs to be connected through wifi. I have a laptop with two wi-fi adapters. My hostednetwork should be on wifi1, and wifi2 should be connected to my hotspot. My problem is that when nzone disables wifi1, the hostednetwork automatically puts itself on wifi2, which is the one connecting to the internet and set to share its connection, because Windows 7 automatically seeks out any enabled Wi-Fi adapter. If I then disable and enable wifi2, it puts itself back on wifi1, and then I have to start the hostednetwork again via command prompt. I think it can work this way once I get issue 1 solved, but it's not exactly an automated process.

I'd like to add to this current issue where I'm not getting any streetpasses. I've reinstalled Windows 7 from scratch, set up nzone, and I can see the wifi adapter broadcasting the ConsoleNintendo3DS hotspot, it says it has internet access, and the mac address is changing, and my 3DS says it sees the Nintendo Zone at my location, however, it does not say it has internet access in the top left at the home menu. Still no streetpasses. Basically, the same thing is happening, even though I reformatted my PC. My 3DS is updated to the 9.7.0 firmware. I'm able to streetpass people IRL.

Edit: I forgot to mention that this exact same setup used to work just fine last year for over a month.

MjnMixael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either nzone.exe really is malicious as Google Chrome warns me.. or it's got some sort of memory leak. After leaving it on for more than a few hours, my computer slows to a crawl and I have to restart it.

BobbyTastic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to flash DD-WRT on it! ;)

Ah, so the router's built-in software would have absolutely no way to do that? That's a shame. Thanks though.

Just looked at the compatibility list and v1 of my router is supported but they apparently need a router donation to make sure it works with v2.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Ah, so the router's built-in software would have absolutely no way to do that? That's a shame. Thanks though.

Just looked at the compatibility list and v1 of my router is supported but they apparently need a router donation to make sure it works with v2.
What router do you have?

Scytheri0n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Either nzone.exe really is malicious as Google Chrome warns me.. or it's got some sort of memory leak. After leaving it on for more than a few hours, my computer slows to a crawl and I have to restart it.

Are you certain it's nzone.exe that is causing the memory leak? From what little I know of nzone.exe, it simply creates a hotspot, spoofs a MAC and sets up a scheduled task. duke_srg would be able to help you better with that than me since it's his baby. :)

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
In case your adapter driver is very slow in switching MACs two consequent MAC changes may overpal interfering each other, try to use BASE16 or manually increase nzone task interval.
nzone.exe is only launched periodically from the task scheduler, so it can't have a memory leak spred in time. Antivirus software claims just because it is actually a packed and cyphered VBS runtime with a script.

Cioler

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Does the debian VM image need to connect to dukesrg.no-ip.org? Because my antivirus blocks traffic to and from that.

Cioler

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yes, it updates MAC lists from that host!
Yeah, there is my problem then. I'll whitelist that address or the VMware process then. Thanks.
A second question. Is the MAC cycling sequential or random?

Edit: it seems my Mii plaza streetpasses only go up to 9/10. Is this a known problem on N3DS or is there something wrong with my settings somewhere?

Scytheri0n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Yeah, there is my problem then. I'll whitelist that address or the VMware process then. Thanks.

Edit: it seems my Mii plaza streetpasses only go up to 9/10. Is this a known problem on N3DS or is there something wrong with my settings somewhere?

It's happening to most of us regardless of method or device. I don't know whether it's a HomePass "limitation" or if it has been put in place for International StreetPass Week so there is always a slot open for a special Mii. I honestly can't remember when I first noticed it happening. This and the bug noted here are the only two I know of at the moment and affect both regular and New 3DS's.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

In my method the MAC is random and each is used only once in 8 hours, then cycle restarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: