• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randamin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I originally thought of using my router by flashing the dd-wrt firmware but my netgear router is the V9 version which does not support it. Tried the android method next but ran into the first method didn't work out while the second method I could not find the specified file in the directory. As a last resort I have an old Nintendo wifi usb adapter which will try to create a virtual router out of.

auadix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those not getting internet after changing the MAC address, hard boot (turn off and on after 10 secs) your router and cable modem, most of the times it loses the internet is because they are not talking with each other anymore. :)

Pogostick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No reason it shouldn't if XP and 7 can both do it. Just don't hold your breath for instructions, as for some reason Vista is almost as hated as 8 and ME even though it's a perfectly cromulant OS.

Well using Windows Vista is up to the user so why not make instructions? Just because users hate Vista doesn't mean you shouldn't make instructions for it some users might like Windows Vista. :huh:

ATypicalSe7en

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question if anyone can answer. When switching macs ( I'm using MaCycle ) is my original Wi-Fi suppose to connect? It does this every time and I'm just wondering.

Edit: got it fix

connerity

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,
I'm new here both on the forums and with the homepass relay.
I got it to work after a bit of fiddling and I have a few questions.

1.) More than 95% of all my passes seem to be people from the UK.
Are there similar spreadsheets where one might have some more country variety?

2.) I'm getting streetpasses for all my games except Fire Emblem: Awakening.
This seems strange since it's a really popular game and I already have about 50 passes for other popular games like AC, ALBW, MH3U, Pokemon.
I set up streetpass in FE:A (my team would give almost 7k renown) and enabled streetpass.
Anyone got any ideas why I might not be getting any?

3.) Are there any specific addresses where one might have better chances to get the "3 people in a row with the same game" and "5 females in a row" accomplishments? I already use a female Mii named "FemalePLS" to animate others into doing the same.

Uh, hello guys you still didn't answer my question. Does Nintendo Homepass work with Windows Vista or not?

I can confirm for you that it works.
My setup is Windows Vista PC getting its internet from a Mobile 3G card, then setting up an ad-hoc hotspot with a wireless Ralink USB stick. I use Technitium Mac Address changer to change the MAC address.
I also needed to allow the specific part of the registry to be changed, even though I am logged in with the administrator account.
TMAC will display an error which registry key it is, just go there and adjust permissions.

speedycerv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. I was trying to do this for windows 7 but having issues. The mini wifi adapter doesn't show up and when trying to start the virtual adapter I get
The hosted network couldn't be started.
The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation. I attached a screenshot to show.

Attachments

• network.JPG
    network.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 197

krisztian1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I tried using the ubuntu script (on an eepc 4g running xubuntu), everything works nicely, the acces point is created, but when I connect to it with my 3ds, it always fails at connecting to Acces Point part, what could be the problem ? (the netbook is connected to the internet using a wired connection, and the internet works perfectly on the netbook).

NitsuaKun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why, but I went ahead and updated my Mii Plaza about a week ago. Ever since the update, my homepass situation has changed for the worse, was just wondering if anybody else was having the same issues as me.

Before I used to be able to cycle through numerous MAC addresses and get passes from all of them, but now it appears that I won't get any more than 2 hits from MAC addresses unless I go into the Mii Plaza and go to the gate and welcome all the new passes I got. It seems like there's a limit of 10 passes now, and the 3DS won't even bother accepting new passes unless I empty out the line of people at my plaza gate. Also, even if I don't get any actual passes from a MAC address because my cue is already full, if I empty out my cue then try that same MAC address again, I still won't get passes from it because it's currently taking part in the 8 hour cool-down period (or at least that's what appears to happen).

Also, I don't seem to get any game-specific passes anymore. The whole reason I started homepassing was to get the gold badge in Animal Crossing for street passes (because I live in a lame area where almost nobody plays AC...weirdo's). I've homepassed with numerous people that have recently played Animal Crossing but I haven't gotten any new homes in my showcase since the update. Except for one, but I legitimately passed with my brother in person and I got his showcase home. So I clearly am still able to receive streetpass data for Animal Crossing, just not from homepasses. (just to clarify, I can still get normal passes from people and play the streetpass games with them)

As far as I can tell nobody else seems to be having these problems....so it'd really help me out if I knew that anybody else was also having these issues. (and found a way to fix it). But I did read that people have not been able to use the Nintendo Zones that are strewn about in McDonald's and Starbucks and whatnot for a week or so now. I really hope Nintendo isn't scheming to ruin the entirely harmless homepassing situation, even though I'm sure they've sold much more of the streetpass games as a result.

Edit: Nevermind, it seems anybody that has updated can't get passes after the initial 9-10 passes. But that's not the major issue for me. I'm more concerned about not getting streetpass data for games anymore. Anybody else noticing this too?

NitsuaKun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that I only get streetpasses in games after my 10/10 queue is full at the entrace.

How does that work if you can't receive any passes when your gate is full? Well, my streetpass light doesn't go off, at least. Maybe I'm still getting passes in the background but my 3DS is trying to trick me into thinking that I'm not receiving anything.

NitsuaKun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Krisztian! I guess the reason I didn't see my problem from anybody else is because I have yet to find a script that automatically cycles through MAC addresses for me. I've been manually changing the MAC address with my DS closed so I could wait for the green light to go on, open my DS to turn off the green light, then close it again and change the address again. If I open/close my DS after the 2nd address change and don't empty out my plaza gate cue, the green light would not turn on, so I just thought it wasn't working at all. This time I kept my DS closed through more than 2 address changes and the green light at least flickers even when my cue is already full. And I got some animal crossing data after cycling through 10 or so addresses in a row. Whew!

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Hi there. I was trying to do this for windows 7 but having issues. The mini wifi adapter doesn't show up and when trying to start the virtual adapter I get
The hosted network couldn't be started.
The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation. I attached a screenshot to show.

That happens cause your adapter isn't even inserted to your PC :P

Randamin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the end I was successful in using a Nintendo Wi-Fi adapter as a Soft AP using the instructions above but not without trouble.

To begin the links to the Asus WLAN Utility were broken so I thought the Asus website would have them. It did but the latest version was not compatible with the technique used to enable the Nintendo usb connector to be detected by the software. I had to hunt down and download the specific older version and hope the random website I downloaded it from was virus free.
Also found the already modified exe files somewhere else since the Hex editor was giving me some trouble.
When the soft AP was transmitting was unable to get an internet connection but just as I was about to give up realized that the Mcafee firewall was on so turning that off solved the last problem.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
I got this working on Linux using duke_srg's script (Method 1 in the OP). I had to slightly modify the script first, though, because:
Code:
lspci -k | grep -A 3 -i "wireless" | grep "Kernel driver" | sed -r "s/.*?: (.*)/\1/" | tail -n 1
returned b43-pci-bridge for me, but modinfo b43-pci-bridge returns "ERROR: modinfo: could not find module b43-pci-bridge". modinfo b43 works, so I just changed
Code:
[ $(modinfo $WLMOD | grep depend | grep -c mac80211) = 0 ] && echo "$WLMOD WiFi adapter not supported" && exit
to
Code:
[ $(modinfo b43 | grep depend | grep -c mac80211) = 0 ] && echo "$WLMOD WiFi adapter not supported" && exit
as a quick fix that worked for me.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone thought about making a GUI app for Linux? I would prefer to have a homepass that only runs when I tell it, rather than something that is running all the time in the background, and it would be useful to be able to have GUI control over the SSID, MAC cycling, etc.

Also, is it possible to have a MAC filter in the homepass, so that I'm sure that only my 3DS will connect to it? I'm a bit wary of having an open hotspot that anyone can use.

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
I've already tried without a cycler and still nothing. My latest issue is that I can't even connect to attwifi anymore with Virtual Router. Nothing has changed, but my 3DS just wont connect now. I'm now using the manual CMD method and it connects fine. Still working on actually getting streetpasses though. I'll post some pics in a second.

28tf4ur.png

10xbyqh.png

Local Area Connection is my Ethernet connection and it is connected to my router directly
Wi-Fi is my USB adapter with MAC spoofing
Wireless Network Connection is my onboard card, but the MAC is hardcoded
Wireless Network Connection 2 is my virtual attwifi connection

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok your set-up seems right so I am confused in regards to this.

Disable your 1st Wireless Network Connection if you can, sounds daft but it rules out any possibility of foul play by Windows 7.

Next right click your properties in Wireless Network Connection 2 and go to your TCP/IP v4 or v6 settings depending on what your using and follow my instructions in regards to inputting your own IP addresses for a local area network connection.

A new video has been uploaded as well for people connecting with Windows 7, try looking through that and see if you have any luck.

Also un-tick allow other network users to control your network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Only 666 dollars for 24TBs lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two of these half the price Seagate Barracuda Pro 12TB Internal Hard Drive Performance HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 256MB Cache for Computer Desktop (ST12000DM0007) (Renewed) https://a.co/d/cpVKNo1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    *Renewed. I don't like or trust "renewed, refurbished, reconditioned" anything.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I renewed your wife
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Renewed is like following Psi around on his dates, then when he done doing the deed, he taps me in without her cleaning up first, no thanks
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not being renewed that's unlocking more medical bills from stds
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Somethings maybe, but drives are rated in hours, so most likely many hours already on them. I just don't trust em for data. Maybe a used(renewed) car or something be ok tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like my girls like my car made in 2000
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like my products new, not buying a box of condoms (renewed)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You already learned from buying used condoms from the first kid
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tyrone said it was barley used
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wonder whatever happened to that ownage pranks guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I dont know why people hate on Starfield, I think its dope. I didn't play it day one, only started it couple weeks ago so maybe they fixed issues with updates already.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft could release a poop simulator and people will say it's shit
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Hold up hooolddd uuupppp, we're less than a week from PM:TTYD releasing and it has not leaked yet? :o Miracles do still exist in this dystopia 🤣
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True. People hated on Fallout 76 at first also, but they still have huge numbers playing online.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is PM:TTYD
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
    I think I played that one
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (i.e. Nintendos' next first party switch title/remake)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meh, I want metroid 4
    I have a refurbished hard drive like 8TBs just use it for movies and music so if it blows up nothing I can't replace lol
    +1
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    I mean almost every first party switch title of the past year or two leaked at least a week in advance for a while now haven't they?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not all of them, but yea many.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not all of them, but yea many.