Status
Not open for further replies.

NitsuaKun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I ran into a really weird problem and I hope someone can shed some light to this.
I have successfully set up a homepass using my macbook pro, the problem is that I can only get 3 streetpasses in streetpass mii plaza per mac address, instead of 6. I even had a friend brought over his DS and he was able to get 6 in the same mac address, using the same network I set up, while I was only getting 3.
But if I were to walk to the Macdonalds around the corner I would be getting 6 streetpasses.
Anyone has any idea why this is?

I know sometimes I'll get "6 passes" from an address but only get 5 actual Mii's because one of them was tagged twice. Their Mii will high five your character for the number of new passes you're getting from them. If you're not getting repeats then I'm not sure what would be causing such a strange and specific problem.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Hi guys, I ran into a really weird problem and I hope someone can shed some light to this.
I have successfully set up a homepass using my macbook pro, the problem is that I can only get 3 streetpasses in streetpass mii plaza per mac address, instead of 6. I even had a friend brought over his DS and he was able to get 6 in the same mac address, using the same network I set up, while I was only getting 3.
But if I were to walk to the Macdonalds around the corner I would be getting 6 streetpasses.
Anyone has any idea why this is?
Do you have any of the 4 paid streetpass games? I have two updated 3ds's, and the one that can get 10 tags vs 6 at a time has all of the paid games vs none. Of course, the the paid SP game system one has much more advanced Find Mii and Puzzle Piece progress but I doubt that is what matters.
The script (if run from a router) it doesnt need a computer working.
I made the python script here to run from my linux system (on a raspi using the somebunny method in the OP). If it ran on a router independently from a computer, that would be quite an interesting surprise indeed!

NitsuaKun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made the python script here to run from my linux system (on a raspi using the somebunny method in the OP). If it ran on a router independently from a computer, that would be quite an interesting surprise indeed!

Ok that's what I thought. I guess for now I'll keep trying to find a way to write a command in dd-wrt that checks the current wireless MAC address and changes it to another accordingly.

xxMergyxx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there a solution that works only through Wifi?
Cause the LAN Port on my laptop is broken.

I already tried it, and it "works" i can see it as Nintendo Zone,
also the Mac shows "Nintendo" but when i try to connect to the Nintendo Zone
the client just disconnect itself, everytime. Even when i just close my 3ds (sleep mode) it disconnects.

NitsuaKun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that some wireless adapters/cards can't send out a wireless signal while also receiving another. That's why it's nice to have a LAN cable connected so that the wireless only has to focus on the homepass signal. I've also heard about some people having 2 separate wireless devices in their computers and having success with that. I tried using my Windows 7 laptop as a homepass beacon, but was never able to get passes out of it, even though the Nintendo Zone icon in my 3DS was flashing and everything. I gave up and put DD-WRT on an old router and that works perfectly fine. Seems like an easier option, at least from my experiences.

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Wifi tethering set up on my phone and when I connect to it with my 3DS, it seems to work fine and I can even connect to Nintendo Zone, but I have yet to get any Streetpasses. I have tried about 3 different MAC addresses and nothing. Streetpass is enabled for Bravely Default and I am using a rooted Samsung Nexus. Might help to mention I am on Gateway 6.3 emunand but I doubt that would cause any problems. Who knows.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can't get my Virtual Wifi to work properly. My 3DS is trying to connect to it, but fails, while my Nexus 7 works fine :sad:

I think it's because the 3DS needs AP-mode, but my Wifi-connection is only providing AdHoc-mode?

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Wifi tethering set up on my phone and when I connect to it with my 3DS, it seems to work fine and I can even connect to Nintendo Zone, but I have yet to get any Streetpasses. I have tried about 3 different MAC addresses and nothing. Streetpass is enabled for Bravely Default and I am using a rooted Samsung Nexus. Might help to mention I am on Gateway 6.3 emunand but I doubt that would cause any problems. Who knows.

Ignore this... I decided to try it using the Wifi USB connector guide. I have Windows 7 and it wouldn't work properly so I just set it all up on Windows XP Virtual Mode and it worked like a charm!

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Guys, did anyone meet my mii more than once in one mii-plaza visit group? Somebody named UncleBob started to appear in two or even three instances in on mii-Plaza. It proves that Nintendo started to spread visits among other zones, but if someone is spamming zone too often... well I already warned about it in the very begining.

Lolindir

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm trying to connect with my Nexus S but it seems that even if the WiFi Tether app is working fine, on the 3DS I don't receive any Mii.

Did anyone manage to make it work on the same android? :( I've tried both this guide and Streetpass Riilay, this last one connects only with BusyBox... but I still don't receive any Mii.

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys I thought I'd give a small update. I have noticed that people who are using the Windows 7 / 8 /8.1 are having trouble connecting using Eldridge's method.

I have investigated this and found that the problem can be you getting limited connectivity between your Hotspot and 3DS.

Now there is no way for the 3DS to determine if this is happening with your virtual network. The one way you can identify this with a 3DS is if you connect to the Nintendo Zone whilst trying to use Virtual Router and you do not receive a StreetPass after some time, however this is also not 100% guaranteed to tell you.

I eventually worked this out by connecting my Android phone to my Hotspot and it stating I had limited connectivity.

The best way to bypass this was for me was to turn off auto obtaining an IP address and DNS on my 3DS and put my own in.

So firstly go into your connection settings and change Auto-Obtain IP address to No, and then press detailed setup.

My current settings for entering my own network details (for a guideline are as follows)

IP Address: 192.168.137.099
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.137.001

You may set your IP address for your 3DS to any think so long as only the last 3 digits are different and they range between 002-255
Your Gateway should always be 001.

Please also be aware that your Hotspot might not have the same network IP addresses as the ones listed above. I would recommend you attempt connecting another device such as a mobile phone or tablet and check the settings of the Wifi connection for the right IP address for the network.

After setting your IP address you should be prompted to set up your DNS. This is simple, just make sure your Primary DNS is the same as your Gateway.
(Secondary DNS is not required)

Once this is done save the settings and run Virtual Router and you should get a StreetPass instantly.

Should you still not receive a Streetpass, try using another device to connect to the hotspot and then the IP address settings from that device input them in your 3DS, the connection should then work, but Virtual Router will probably end up identifying your 3DS as a different device for a while, until Virtual Router is restarted.

I hope this has helped. Thank you :)

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Guys, did anyone meet my mii more than once in one mii-plaza visit group? Somebody named UncleBob started to appear in two or even three instances in on mii-Plaza. It proves that Nintendo started to spread visits among other zones, but if someone is spamming zone too often... well I already warned about it in the very begining.

same here, i got the unclebob many times too.

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really about to give up here. After days of no one being able to help, I see LD560's post about the EXACT problem I have. So I go and follow the instructions and I STILL won't get a single streetpass =/

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really about to give up here. After days of no one being able to help, I see LD560's post about the EXACT problem I have. So I go and follow the instructions and I STILL won't get a single streetpass =/

BlackwingAngelx don't give up just yet. When I first started everything worked fine, then after a while this limited connectivity problem kept happening it took me 2 days to work it out and come up with a solution.

Do you have any screenshots of your network setup? I can take a look for you and see if I can spot the problem. Please be as detailed as possible.

Also one thing I didn't mention in my previous post, you might have to remove your original connection settings in your 3DS and input them again, sort of refreshing the connection setup for the 3DS.

I would also consider removing any connection settings you have to your router for your standard online connection with your 3DS. Sometimes this can interfere with your Hotspot.

Although strangely after today's update to the Plaza thats no longer happening.

I'm going to review my settings and see if I missed any think in my last post.

UPDATE:

Ahh I did miss some think. BlackWingAngelX once you have started the Virtual Hotspot go into your network adapter settings for Windows 7, look for the network you've created. (attwifi)
right click this and click properties.

Once you've done that scroll down till you see the option Internet Protocol v4 (if your using IPv6 should still work just the same.)

Highlight it and click properties again. This will bring up the option to set your networks IP address.

Set the network IP to whatever you want. As stated in my original post mine is 192.168.137.1 & set your subnet mask as standard 255.255.255.0

Then click ok and that should sort the problem. I would recommend keeping your 3DS's wireless setting off till all this is completed.

If this doesn't work then get some screenshots in and hopefully I or other forum members can offer another solution.

Or another way would be to just input every think instead into the command prompt by hand, instead of virtual router, but you will have to make some manual changes to your network configuration if you want to get rid of Virtual Router altogether as in fairness it is a god-awful program.

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, let me explain my process here.

1. My laptop is running Windows 7 and is connected via an Ethernet cable. It also has a USB Wi-Fi adapter and onboard Wi-Fi card as well.
2. I open CMD in Administrator mode and type in "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow"
3. I open Virtual Router Manager and use the SSID "attwifi" and shared with my "Local Area Connection"
4. I then go to my 3DS settings and connect to "attwifi"
5. My 3DS connects successfully and Nintendo Zone is recognized.
6. I then open up MACycle and start it up.
7. I sit and wait, but no streetpasses come.

What exactly would you like pictures of?

Edit: Actually, now I can't connect to the access point at all. Not sure why. It was working before, but now when I start up the AP, it says no internet access. I'm connected to ethernet and it has access, but now attwifi has no access.

Edit 2: I know why it won't connect now. It isn't broadcasting the SSID. My laptop is connected to it but my 3DS won't connect and my iPhone doesn't even see the connection now.

ATMB

Trophies
Website
www.spastici.org
XP
Country
Italy
I've been using the same procedure successfully every day for a month and it worked, this morning was the first time with the new update and it didn't work. I tried with Prime MACS, Nintendo World Macs and rotating Macs. No success at all.

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been using the same procedure successfully every day for a month and it worked, this morning was the first time with the new update and it didn't work. I tried with Prime MACS, Nintendo World Macs and rotating Macs. No success at all.

I updated as well, no problems, getting all the SPs as I used to get. Version 3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You tripped on your dad's girlfriend nice +2