Status
Not open for further replies.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to research and use the BusyBox + Terminal Emulator method. Went into root features and typed a command like

"ip link set tiap0 address XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX" (XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX being one of the mac addresses in the google doc)

It then told me "Operation not permitted". Not sure why this is a problem... my phone is rooted after all
If you're sure that tiap0 is your wireless interface, make sure you set it down first, ie: ip li se tiap0 down;ip li se tiap0 address FE:FE:FE:FE:FE:FE; Or it will say that simply because the device is up, and busy.
I've never heard of tiap0, is it from a tether app? I'd try with wlan0 wl0 or wlan1 first, if you have any of those.

I just have to ask: how in the world do you get the Nintendo Zone to work when you change the MAC address using the OSX method?

I followed the method exactly, and when I change the MAC address, the Internet goes out. I can't even connect to my MacBook Pro anymore. I change the MAC address back to normal, and all is fine, Internet-wise. Still the Nintendo Zone doesn't work.

What gives? Why does it seem so easy to just change your MAC and you'll get StreetPasses?

I assume if you can use the Nintendo Zone, then you'd get StreetPasses, but I can never use the Nintendo Zone.

Anyone else have this problem, and can help me?

Thanks
Certain usb cards have this issue in windows as well, I think it's a problem with the driver. The only thing you can really do is try another card that has a different chipset. I don't have OSX on anything of mine, so I couldn't tell you if any of my cards work on it :(

Awh, that sounds way too complicated for me... guess I'll just have to take a trip to McDonald's until I get lucky. Unless a wifi usb adapter would work, as previously inquired.

You're on Windows? Try an RTL8192CU. They don't work that well for actual internet using (I was getting like 100 KB/s downstream max) but they do work well under windows for this. As has been mentioned though, you'll be restricted to MACs starting with a certain octet (like 4e:, 02:) link. Or you could go with the slightly cheaper RTL8188CUS: link
here's a link to the driver for both of them, though you'll need to copy/paste it into your address bar since User:Pass linking doesn't work here: ftp://WebUser:[email protected]/cn/wlan/RTL819xCU_AutoInstallPackage.zip

JODIsBack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're sure that tiap0 is your wireless interface, make sure you set it down first, ie: ip li se tiap0 down;ip li se tiap0 address FE:FE:FE:FE:FE:FE; Or it will say that simply because the device is up, and busy.
I've never heard of tiap0, is it from a tether app? I'd try with wlan0 wl0 or wlan1 first, if you have any of those.

It was the device that showed my MAC address when I typed "ip link show". However now for some stupid reason it's not even showing up at all when I type in that command.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
a little question. i tried the ubuntu method.
the dongle is called wlan1 i changed the entry in the config file (/etc/dnsmasq.conf ) according to it # Interface to bind to
interface=wlan1
i try to start the nintendo zone with the command
sudo ./home_zone spoof1 wlan1 eth0
. the mobile phone (android) find it with the right ssid
the 3ds don't find it
the only difference with the iwconfig in the tutorial is Tx-Power in the tutorial it's 15 in mine it's 20
the script is placed in the directory ~/3ds/relay. should i have it in the home directory?
am i missing something?
It MUST be on the home folder, (if you noticed the guide I said that, otherwise you had to type the directory), and have you typed sudo chmod +x ./home_zone ?
I think you didnt even started the hotspot so thats why you cant find it ;)

fenor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It MUST be on the home folder, (if you noticed the guide I said that, otherwise you had to type the directory), and have you typed sudo chmod +x ./home_zone ?
I think you didnt even started the hotspot so thats why you cant find it ;)
yes i've taped chmod +x ./home_zone
ls -la | grep home_zone
-rwxrwxr-x 1 fenor fenor 5870 ago 23 21:32 home_zone

didn't the home_zone script (the last version) start the hotspot and create the nzone? or should i start it with something else?

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
yes i've taped chmod +x ./home_zone
ls -la | grep home_zone
-rwxrwxr-x 1 fenor fenor 5870 ago 23 21:32 home_zone

didn't the home_zone script (the last version) start the hotspot and create the nzone? or should i start it with something else?
Yes just ./home_zone spoof1 wlan0 eth0 with sudo

benben88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

Testing home_zone linux version with Nintendo Wifi connector, I'm able to connect attwifi with my phone but my 3DS does not see it at all.
Is there any additional config for 802.11b in order to have 3DS fidning attwifi with Nintendo dongle ?

turok4n64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

My Mii is WiiDSmoker which I'm sure you've seen for the past two weeks. I am desperately trying to complete all USA regions. I just have a few left. It's really easy to do. Go to Settings, change your Region to one of the following and then we StreetPass and change the region again, repeat. I would love to help you complete all your regions in your country as well. Would truly appreciate it!

Montana
Wyoming
North Dakota
South Dakota
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Louisiana
Vermont
Puerto Rico

fenor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes just ./home_zone spoof1 wlan0 eth0 with sudo
wich i did.
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
/tmp/tmp.NJdOeyLfVd/nztmp
Starting Nintendo Zone hotspot, using config ''Main MAC (All/Any)''
SSID: attwifi

but still no nzone is founded by the 3ds (mobile phone find it fine). i'm in eu if that can make a difference.

jowan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
wich i did.
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
/tmp/tmp.NJdOeyLfVd/nztmp
Starting Nintendo Zone hotspot, using config ''Main MAC (All/Any)''
SSID: attwifi

but still no nzone is founded by the 3ds (mobile phone find it fine). i'm in eu if that can make a difference.

I had the same problem, I just disconnected from the wireless network and connected with cable

joshstyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the windows 7 method, when i try to change macshift it says " 'macshift' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

KamikiriTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
So strange,
i'm using V3.2 script and cron command is this>>>
Code:
* * * * * root /tmp/nzone 49,BASE256,GBATEMP
but my 3DS doesn't get any street pass in last 10 hour,
some time even more than 10 hour,
until reboot my router,
is there something wrong?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So strange,
i'm using V3.2 script and cron command is this>>>
Code:
* * * * * root /tmp/nzone 49,BASE256,GBATEMP
but my 3DS doesn't get any street pass in last 10 hour,
some time even more than 10 hour,
until reboot my router,
is there something wrong?

Please update your script, maybe you're using a bugged version with the increasing time between MAC changes.

fenor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hmm no, that's pretty much what I meant, did you disconnect your 3DS from every Wifi connection?
as of now it's like 3cm from the usb dongle. not connected to anything to the web. if i try to find the connection with the nintendo zone it's not founded. if i try from the console configuration it fail to find the right connection

Rahzadan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please update your script, maybe you're using a bugged version with the increasing time between MAC changes.

It's also possible that the cron service has stalled, which sometimes happens. just run the following in telnet and it should start working again:

Code:
stopservice cron; startservice cron

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
This can be caused hostapd not stopping in 3 second timeot. Have you troed to wait, usially it auto restarts in 2 minutes or at yhe next scheduled mac change. Try to increase sleep time between hostapd kill/start cycle.

And how do I do that? Because I waited if it restarts again but it didn't. Also, do I need to have enabled the Mac Address Clone option in dd-wrt? Thanks.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
And how do I do that? Because I waited if it restarts again but it didn't. Also, do I need to have enabled the Mac Address Clone option in dd-wrt? Thanks.
You should change AP daemon restart wait time like this:
Code:
sed -ri s/sleep/sleep 10/ /tmp/nzone
MAC clone setting have on effect on the script functionality-

Kitsunegi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're on Windows? Try an RTL8192CU. They don't work that well for actual internet using (I was getting like 100 KB/s downstream max) but they do work well under windows for this. As has been mentioned though, you'll be restricted to MACs starting with a certain octet (like 4e:, 02:) link. Or you could go with the slightly cheaper RTL8188CUS: link
here's a link to the driver for both of them, though you'll need to copy/paste it into your address bar since User:Pass linking doesn't work here: ftp://WebUser:[email protected]/cn/wlan/RTL819xCU_AutoInstallPackage.zip

Thanks! I might try that!

jowan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
as of now it's like 3cm from the usb dongle. not connected to anything to the web. if i try to find the connection with the nintendo zone it's not founded. if i try from the console configuration it fail to find the right connection
I didn't use a USB dongle, my laptop has wifi and ethernet in the same network adapter, try unpluging your dongle (assuming you have a laptop/pc with wireless and cable connection) and run commands these in order
1) sudo chmod +x ./home_zone
2) sudo ./home_zone spoof1 wlan0 eth0
If that doens't work I'm out of ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries