Status
Not open for further replies.

Geremias Bristot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys it's been a week that I'm trying to make this work...
I have a new 3DS XL, used the TP-link USB Adapter WN722N. Did every tutorial with the hostednetwork option, than with the VMWare and then with the nzone.exe (in this case the nzone only shows a msxml13.dll problem) and nothing happens... The 3DS in some of them connected to a attwifi network that I made, with the 4E53504F4F46 MAC. but no streetpass so far... are all the tutorials outdated? The homepass doesn't work anymore?... does somebody know anything that can help me please...

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys it's been a week that I'm trying to make this work...
I have a new 3DS XL, used the TP-link USB Adapter WN722N. Did every tutorial with the hostednetwork option, than with the VMWare and then with the nzone.exe (in this case the nzone only shows a msxml13.dll problem) and nothing happens... The 3DS in some of them connected to a attwifi network that I made, with the 4E53504F4F46 MAC. but no streetpass so far... are all the tutorials outdated? The homepass doesn't work anymore?... does somebody know anything that can help me please...
im in the same boat as you dude i think it not working anymore since the newer updates but im just guessing if we could get help in fix this i really hope to get streetpasses again

Geremias Bristot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
im in the same boat as you dude i think it not working anymore since the newer updates but im just guessing if we could get help in fix this i really hope to get streetpasses again
digipokemaster, I managed to fix it but for a short time with de NbaHomePass, in this tutorial here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/4hcofs/howto_detailed_instructions_on_connecting_to/

But it takes too long for the 3DS to connect and I don't know if it's because there's not much people in those MAC or it's something related to my console...
Give it a try and tell me if it worked for you.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digipokemaster, I managed to fix it but for a short time with de NbaHomePass, in this tutorial here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/4hcofs/howto_detailed_instructions_on_connecting_to/

But it takes too long for the 3DS to connect and I don't know if it's because there's not much people in those MAC or it's something related to my console...
Give it a try and tell me if it worked for you.
ill give it a try hopefully it will work ill edit this when i have a update on it

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digipokemaster, give it a try, I finally got it and I already received a bunch of streetpasses! OBS: I recommend you use the BASE16.txt in the process instead of BASE256.txt
Any doubt ask me here
do you have a copy of base16.txt? i dont have a copy never mind i got one

Last edited by digipokemaster,

NuttyS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't been able to use this for ages now. I gave up for a bit as it was too annoying, but I've come back to it and I think the problem is - that although I can start a hosted network and share my connection with it - I can't then connect to the hosted network.
The 3ds shows a nintendo zone connection but won't load the app, and no streetpasses come through.
Using virtual router gives me the same thing, I can make a network and share my main connection with it, but my ipad can't connect.

Don't suppose anyone has any ideas?

Davethedroid1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
I created a program, similar to the duke's one, to fix the BSOD error with Atheros based cards on Windows.

Here are the instructions :

- download and save the following file : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59471794/NbaHomePass.exe to the desired location
- open Start => Accessories => Command Prompt <Right-click> => Run as administrator
- then, in the Command Prompt you just opened, execute :
<Path of the folder containing the file>\NbaHomePass.exe BASE256 (or BASE16)

The program will then execute itself, when it will ask you, press any key and the homepass will start.
If you want to stop the program, you just have to close the Command Prompt.

I will implement scheduled task in the future to make the program more independant.
I hope it will help some of you.

Hello for awhile your program worked great for me. now most of the time I'm getting "Identifying" or "Unidentified Network" error on my wifi adapter's status page. Other times when it manages to connect to my router, it simply doesn't work. It sssays internet connection for the virtual network but there isn't any packets going or coming. 3ds says internet connection but it can't connect to internet.

Last edited by kheldar,

Bombercules

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been running into troubles after getting it to work initially, but I think the problem is my needs are different than most. Basically, I cycled through many (hopefully) empty MAC addresses at random with another person's 3DS that had the game streetpass information I seek (specifically this is for 3D Land, I understand how streetpass works for the game but homepass has been finicky lately). Then I connected to the network I created with my 3DS (I made sure neither 3DS had wireless turned on at the same time to verify) and spot-checked a few of them to verify they worked, they did. But now I go back later to put my plan into motion and it seems that most, sometimes all, MAC addresses on my list do not work.

Is the lockout 8 hours or 24? This wouldn't explain all of it but I am trying to figure out if my script just missed certain MAC addresses or if the problem lies elsewhere. I'm also attempting to determine if the channel could be the culprit, as I've moved since I last tested and now probably have a lot of wifi interference (though my wireless router never seems to have troubles).

MegaManZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What type of router do I need for homepass and would I be better off getting a USB adapter? Also, if the latter, are there any inexpensive USB adapters that support DD-WRT?

Last edited by MegaManZX,

Paladin656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how often are the guides updated? I was playing around with my router and found that some of the sites in the post at https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/page-10#post-4739510 which is linked off the first post not longer seem to work. http://nintendozone.dynu.com/install seems dead. Also the guide posts seem to point at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...i_Ls9lV-_XNJHaWIJspv4/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0 for MAC lists, but I see the 16 prime and then another tab with about 160, but I don't see where folks are getting the 256 list from.

yeth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten this to work recently? I'm changing MAC addresses manually, as well as using NBAHomePass. I'm able to connect to the internet with my virtual adapter attwifi/NZ@McD1 but there is no Nintendo Zone notification. If you go to the Nintendo Zone app, it says it has been discontinued. No hits. Does it just take a while?

wzrdbenny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think got the router method working but you may need the "big" build of DD-WRT. I logged into my router settings and enabled samba server under Services/NAS. Path="/mnt" Name="nzone" or something, public="yes", access="read/write". Create a user name and password and check the box for your share under share access. You may or may not need to enter your workgroup name, I did. Save and apply. Your router should then show up in network. Open the share folder and extract the attached file to that folder. Go back into router settings, click Administration/commands and type "chmod +x /mnt/nzone.sh; /mnt/nzone.sh BASE16" and run the command. if you check nzone.macs with wordpad periodically you should see that mac addresses on the list will start having and "x" in front of them. It seems to happen very slowly. If nzone.macs doesn't change maybe try "chmod +x /mnt/nzone.sh; /mnt/nzone.sh" The zip attached contains a modified version of duke_srg's to use a different directory and a mac list consisting of the base16 macs. I am trying to add more macs to toe nzone.macs file to see if that does anything.

Duke, if you are reading this, please help us and make a stand alone script and mac list that can be installed using samba or ssh or something like I am trying to do.

Attachments

• nzonemnt.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 145
Last edited by wzrdbenny,

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I gotta ask.

Anyone gotten any way of getting home pass to work with the iPhone 6 Plus or whatnot? FINALLY got a phone that can set up a mobile hotspot aaaaand can't find any guides on if I can actually do anything to get home pass lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o