How to get NitroStream to work with Pokemon Moon

Hello everyone! I spent the better half of an hour trying to figure out how to get NitroStream to work with Pokemon Moon.

Launching NitroStream and clicking "Send Memory Patch" does not work.

Here's what you have to do:

What you need:
A hacked new3DS (duh)
CFW of Choice (I use Luma)
NTR CFW and a Launcher for it (I'm using NTR Selector by Nanquiats)
The NTR Starter Pack
The NitroStream program
A copy of Pokemon Moon (DON'T ASK WHERE TO GET THIS! YOU KNOW THE RULES!)
A brain, and some patience.

STEP 1) Boot your new 3DS, and make sure it's connected to the internet.

STEP 2) Make sure your computer is connected to the same network as your 3DS

STEP 3) Launch NTR CFW on your new3DS

STEP 4) Press X and Y at the same time while selecting nothing, or a folder and select "Enable Debugger" make sure you see the message "debugger is already enabled" or "debugger enabled"

STEP 5) DON'T LAUNCH POKEMON JUST YET! Follow the other steps below!

STEP 6) Open the NTR Starter Pack and RIGHT CLICK on ntrclient.exe > RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

STEP 7) Type in connect('YOUR.new3DS's.IP.ADDRESS HERE',8000)

STEP 8) COPY AND PASTE THE FOLLOWING:
Code:
write(0x0105AE4, (0x70, 0x47), pid=0x1a)
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you copy and paste the write command. This is writing a command to your 3DS's kernel and any wrong write command could potentially damage your hardware!

If you are feeling a bit uncomfortable doing this, perform a complete NAND backup beforehand. Not sure if it could do anything provided something DOES go wrong, but it doesn't hurt to keep lots of backups.

STEP 9)Close the NTR Debugger application by clicking on the X

STEP 10)RIGHT CLICK on NitroStream.exe in the NTRVIEWER folder and click RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

STEP 11)Ensure your settings are correct, (right 3DS IP Address, etc, etc) and click CONNECT.

STEP 12)After your top screen is done flashing funny colors, count to three, then launch Pokemon Moon.

If done correctly, NitroStream shouldn't disconnect after 5-20 seconds.

SOME NOTES:
You WILL NOT be able to battle/trade online as far as I know. I never tried, because, well--game isn't out yet, don't want Nintendy banning my 3DS do I? You could try it, but from what I read, the debug command you use to force Internet connection DISABLES online play. So, if you want to be able to record online battles, simply start NitroStream as normal, but click Connect after you are already connected online in the Festival Plaza beforehand and it should work in theory.

I hope this helps and saves you the headache it gave me.

Also a word of warning:
I highly advise against recording any let's plays of Pokemon Sun or Moon until after Midnight, November 18th, 2016. Nintendo could copyright STRIKE your channel for each video you upload, and could even find your personal information, and then proceed to press legal charges against you!

I will not be held accountable if you decide to upload videos on a public website containing footage of a game that's not currently out yet.

D

Deleted-379826

How would I figure it my IP. Would it be what is shown in those FTP clients?

sipanale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how were you able to get it working online? were you able to do any trades or battles while recording? right now im just using nitrostreamer. should i be using something else?
I ran NTR, booted game, got all the way into festival plaza before firing up debugger and the patch. I was able to trade and maintain stream. This was using NTR Debugger and NTR Stream. (Nitrostream appears to just be a GUI frontend to Debugger commands.

Reactions: ShadyGhost

ShadyGhost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran NTR, booted game, got all the way into festival plaza before firing up debugger and the patch. I was able to trade and maintain stream. This was using NTR Debugger and NTR Stream. (Nitrostream appears to just be a GUI frontend to Debugger commands.

Thanks for the tip! I'll give that a shot tonight :)

ShadyGhost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hey so I tried to do it the same way you did, and i still keep getting the error code: 003-1099 (no access point in range) for some reason this only happens when im running Ntr cause usually i can connect with no problems. did you ever get that error code?

Kaguya92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
img20161128was9ugqm4oea.jpg

Need help :/

ShadyGhost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
img20161128was9ugqm4oea.jpg

Need help :/

I haven't seen a screen like that before. So maybe I'm not the best person to answer this (and if I'm wrong, someone who does know the right answer please correct me) but I would check and maybe see if your windows firewall might be trying to block the connection, if not then maybe your Antivirus software? Also try running as administrator and lastly I would also double check one more time that you have the correct ip address.

Kaguya92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah ip its correct
And xy oras and Monster Hunter Generations its work

Sun and Moon not :/

Sry my English its not perfect

ShadyGhost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh that's okay! Well since it worked with xy, oras and MH. I would assume it's not your firewall. This is what I do when I want to stream sun and moon. And it even works online.

Start NTR 3.4 (make sure its 3.4)
Wait for it to load back to main menu.
Open pokemon sun or moon.
Wait til you pass the title screen
Press the home button so you suspend the game temporarily (don't quit the game)
Open Nitrostream and then click connect
Then click send patch on nitro stream.
Press the home button in your 3ds and return back into sun and moon.
That should allow you to stay connected to the Internet while you are in game and allow you to stream with no problems.
If that doesn't work let me know and I'll see if I can figure another option out for you.

If you are trying to connect online, you don't press connect on nitrostream until after you've connected to the Internet in your game. And you don't send the patch, otherwise you won't be able to battle or trade.

Last edited by ShadyGhost,

Kaguya92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh that's okay! Well since it worked with xy, oras and MH. I would assume it's not your firewall. This is what I do when I want to stream sun and moon. And it even works online.

Start NTR 3.4 (make sure its 3.4)
Wait for it to load back to main menu.
Open pokemon sun or moon.
Wait til you pass the title screen
Press the home button so you suspend the game temporarily (don't quit the game)
Open Nitrostream and then click connect
Then click send patch on nitro stream.
Press the home button in your 3ds and return back into sun and moon.
That should allow you to stay connected to the Internet while you are in game and allow you to stream with no problems.
If that doesn't work let me know and I'll see if I can figure another option out for you.

If you are trying to connect online, you don't press connect on nitrostream until after you've connected to the Internet in your game. And you don't send the patch, otherwise you won't be able to battle or trade.

dsc0138bkxn4ofcj6.jpg

Its not :/

Smashmax20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have Nitro Stream, all you need to do is.

- Launch NTR.
- Launch Game.
- Enable Debugger.
- Press Home Menu to suspend game.
- While in the home menu, enter your 3DS' IP address on Nitro Stream.
- hit connect and wait for NTR Viewer to show up
- once NTR Viewer is up and showing your 3DS' screens, hit send memory patch

Now once you return to the game you'll see that NTR Viewer is still showing your screens while you play Moon.

While I don't plan on recording Moon at all, I still use Nitro Stream as it is the best way to share real time screenshots with my friends, which is basically what I did all day yesterday.

o09HoCU.png
Your comment was a lifesaver.

tehTinchomanDS

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone! I'm coming here asking for help desperately! I followed all the steps in this guide, specially the ones from ShadyGhost for making a stream with Pokemon Moon. Everything works fine for single-player stream until now...

The thing is, I need to stream LOCAL connection battles (no Internet battles, just local play between 2 3DS face-to-face) but I just can't manage to get NitroStream working for that purpose. If I manage to connect the two local battlers (with quick link or Festival Plaza while the 2 players are in the same room), NitroStream won't connect to the Streaming 3DS. And viceversa, I managed to run NitroStream before the connection with the other player, but it doesn't recognize any local players at that moment. Like NS uses the same port for linking local players to send the streaming to my PC. Is there any workaround for that? Any help would be appreciated, please! Thanks in advance!! (ps: Sorry for my bad english, not my main language)

ShadyGhost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! I'm coming here asking for help desperately! I followed all the steps in this guide, specially the ones from ShadyGhost for making a stream with Pokemon Moon. Everything works fine for single-player stream until now...

The thing is, I need to stream LOCAL connection battles (no Internet battles, just local play between 2 3DS face-to-face) but I just can't manage to get NitroStream working for that purpose. If I manage to connect the two local battlers (with quick link or Festival Plaza while the 2 players are in the same room), NitroStream won't connect to the Streaming 3DS. And viceversa, I managed to run NitroStream before the connection with the other player, but it doesn't recognize any local players at that moment. Like NS uses the same port for linking local players to send the streaming to my PC. Is there any workaround for that? Any help would be appreciated, please! Thanks in advance!! (ps: Sorry for my bad english, not my main language)

Thanks! I tried my best to explain. I have never tried to do a local battle while steaming only online battling and trading. I will try tonight. And I'll give you an update once I have figured it out.

SiNxRealize

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay so I had Nitro Stream working for like the first week I got it perfectly fine. I stopped using it for about a week and it randomly stopped working completely and gives me the message "ERR: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.xxx.x.xx:8000" I'm not too sure how to fix it. Please help me asap!

gengardenne

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tried some of this methods but them don't worked for me.The patch disable online functions everytime but if I don't apply it moon freeze when I enter to adventure from title screen.
Any help?

LordShaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So none of these solutions work for someone with NTR 3.6 on version 11.5, which is what I have now, rather than 3.4. Are there major repercussions of downgrading from 3.6 to 3.4? Will my performance be significantly worse? And if so, is there any way anyone knows of to solve this problem for people using NTR 3.6?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay