How to export/import Gateway Card1 .sav to eShop/3ds/3dz with SaveDataFiler

I found a workaround how to export/import Card1 Savegames (no retail support)

First you know we had the problem of " CTR - BROKEN ", but there is a little trick to it.

!MT-Card USER can do this without Workaround because the save gets loaded on ROM mounting!

To fetch your Cartridge Savegames, you can use this method: NTR Savegame Manager Plugin

We need:

- Red Gateway Card
- The Exploit
- Launcher.dat (tested with 3.0.3 Ultra)
- SaveDataFiler
- The .3ds/.3dz/.cia Game you want to export/import
- A working Savegame (Dumped Savegames from Retail might not work)
- A PC/MAC (any Device capeable to rename Files)

!MAKE ALWAYS BACKUPS FROM YOUR SAVEGAMES!

A. EXPORT .3ds/.3dz to eShop:

Savegame example: Super Mario 3D Land (0004000000053F00) > http://3ds.essh.co/

1. Connect the SD Card to your PC
2. Copy your Savegame and save it as 000400000FF40A00.sav
3. Put SD Card back into your 3DS
4. Turn it on and execute Exploit
5. Mount your .3ds/.3dz Game
6. Start SaveDataFiler (CTR Card is no longer broken!) and highlight CTR Card
7. Press Y and then A to export the Savegame

SaveDataFiler stores in SDCARD:\filer\UserSaveData\20150131010203\0000053f
YEAR-MONTH-DAY-HOUR-MINUTE-SECONDS \ TitleID low

8. Switch to SD and highlight your TitleID
9. Press R+A and then A to import your Savegame
10. Press Home, select the cia game and press two times A to start

B. EXPORT eShop to .3ds/.3dz:

Savegame example: Super Mario 3D Land (0004000000053F00) > http://3ds.essh.co/

1. Start your 3DS and execute Exploit
2. Mount your Game
3. Start SaveDataFiler and highlight your TitleID low
4. Press Y and then A to export the Savegame
5. Switch over to SD and highlight TitleID low
6. Press L + A and then A to create 000400000FF40A00.sav (CTR Card is no longer broken!)
7. Turn your 3DS off and connect the SD CARD with your PC
8. Copy 000400000FF40A00.sav to your TitleID (0004000000053F00.sav)
9. Put your SD Card back into your 3DS
10. Turn your 3DS on and execute Exploit
11. Mount your Game and start it

Export Retail Card with CFW and SDF:

Note: As for CFW works only with FW4.5, 6.x encryption will fail.

1. You need CFW and installed SafeDataFiler on a spare SD Card
2. Start your CFW and insert your Cartridge
3. Start SafeDataFiler and highlight CTR Card
4. Press Y and then A to export the Savegame
5. Turn off your 3DS and move the 'filer' folder to your PC
6. Switch over to your Gateway (emuNAND) SD Card and add the 'filer' folder from PC
7. Insert your Gateway (emuNAND) SD Card into your 3DS
8. Start your 3DS, execute Exploit and start SaveDataFiler
9. Now you can follow A8 for eShop or B5 for .3ds/.3dz

(Be patient with CFW, sometimes it takes 10 tries to get it working)

Thx queno138 : original Post

Info:

"Nintendo 3DS\ID1\ID2\" = eShop , "000400000000XXXXXXX.sav" = Card 1

If your ID1\ID2 does not match after downgrade or formating 3DS,
your Save is LOST if there is no NAND Backup using that ID1\ID2!!!

If you have the NAND Backup matching ID1\ID2,
you can import it as emuNAND with emuNANDTool!

It is impossible to use NAND Backups or encrypted eShop saves
from another 3DS! You need to decrypt the saves first before you
can transfer them!

EXPORT / IMPORT from Original Cartridge is now possible
with Cubic Ninja + PASTA CFW + SaveData Filer!!!

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I guess importing to a retail cartridge doesn't work right now, probably due to the game being a 6.x save crypto one. Gateway needs to fix their stuff and finally support the new save crypto everywhere, I think GW mode is still stuck with <6.x. What I did:

1. Mount scene dump ROM (kirin-mh4g.3ds)
2. Create character on scene dump ROM
3. Follow steps 1-7 of "Export" part of the guide (works fine, raw files get extracted)
4. Mount own dump of retail cartridge (BFGJ.3dz)
5. Follow steps 3-9 of "Import" part of the guide
6. Rename 000400000FF40A00.sav to BFGJ.sav (serial)
7. Get to Gateway menu
8. Import save

Wants me to format the cartridge savedata when I want to play it in SysNand (9.2) or Classic Mode (9.4).

E: Yeah, it's a matter of Gateway mode. I dumped my 6.x crypto save from the retail cart, renamed it to 000400000FF40A00.sav, mounted the 3dz ROM dump of the same cartridge and SDF says it's broken.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't managed to get this working yet. Anyone else had success on a EUR console?
I found that 000400000FF40A00.sav didn't already exist on my SD, tho 000400000FF40A02.sav did (region difference?) - but it didn't work when I copied the save to either filename, I always got "broken" in SDF.
Any ideas?

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I can't get it working...

I execute the GW DS Profil exploit on my 4.5 3DS.
Boot emunand
Press select to mount a card1 game with the GW ROM MENU
Launch savdatafiler: CTR is broken

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i would still like to know where that titleID was pulled from....i had originally guessed that maybe rebuilding SDF to use the titleID of a card1 game might enable you to do this as the gateway card would load up the matching save....but never actually tried it........ at first i was thinking that might be what the person was doing here, only renaming the save to match save data filers ID....but that doesnt seem to be the case, as the titleID in this post is 000400000FF40A00, but the SDF cia i have uses 000AF40F00000400(EDIT, unless this is just the windows extension messing up the cia's title ID as its the same, but jumbled up)

oooohhh actually, nvm i see, there must be builds with a different titleID, the .3DS save data filer uses 000400000FF40A02, so the unique ID would be FF40A, same as the titleID in this post, the 02 vs 00 doesnt effect the TitleID iirc...trust me to over complicate stuff planning to change the titleID of the rom, rather than the name of the save
sm7_facepalm.gif
....so yeah people having issues, check the titleID of your SDF

Reactions: cearp and lemanuel

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that this work for converting .3ds saves to .3dz saves and vice versa. Just remember to rename 000400000FF40A00.sav to the proper ID after importing.

player0

Trophies
XP
Country
I have got it to work, thanks!
But I want to know why this is the case when you import the exported .3ds save within the SD tab you have to use L+A? Simply A will throw an error.
But after L+A imported to .cia and you exported again from the .cia this time, then that save you can simply press A in the SD tab to import without an error.
I've checked the content of them and they are exactly the same except one file but thats a file not related to the game content, its the file [ID]_.dat
So what is inside this file?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
i would still like to know where that titleID was pulled from....i had originally guessed that maybe rebuilding SDF to use the titleID of a card1 game might enable you to do this as the gateway card would load up the matching save....but never actually tried it........ at first i was thinking that might be what the person was doing here, only renaming the save to match save data filers ID....but that doesnt seem to be the case, as the titleID in this post is 000400000FF40A00, but the SDF cia i have uses 000AF40F00000400(EDIT, unless this is just the windows extension messing up the cia's title ID as its the same, but jumbled up)

oooohhh actually, nvm i see, there must be builds with a different titleID, the .3DS save data filer uses 000400000FF40A02, so the unique ID would be FF40A, same as the titleID in this post, the 02 vs 00 doesnt effect the TitleID iirc...trust me to over complicate stuff planning to change the titleID of the rom, rather than the name of the save
sm7_facepalm.gif
....so yeah people having issues, check the titleID of your SDF
Do you know why titles installed to the system still have a sav file in sd root?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Do you know why titles installed to the system still have a sav file in sd root?
no idea, i presume when you load a game(well not specifically a game but any title to be specific), it just automatically loads up the save for that specific titleID to the save chip (even if its booting a cia file, but if its a installed game the save is just ignored, but still loaded to the gateway cards save chip).....so in this example you loading up SDF, so it will load up the SDF's titleID save to the gateways save chip.........so if you have a save from a different game there, that will be loaded up instead.....idk, thats all i can think it is

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
It doesn't work for me with any game... I don't know why... I must do something wrong

This is what I did:
-I executed the GW DS Profil exploit on my 4.5 3DS.
-Booted emunand
-Press select to mount a card1 game with the GW ROM MENU (Tried with Super mario 3ds world, Luigis mansion & dead or alive)
-Launch savdatafiler: CTR is broken

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It doesn't work for me with any game... I don't know why... I must do something wrong

This is what I did:
-I executed the GW DS Profil exploit on my 4.5 3DS.
-Booted emunand
-Press select to mount a card1 game with the GW ROM MENU (Tried with Super mario 3ds world, Luigis mansion & dead or alive)
-Launch savdatafiler: CTR is broken
Let me guess, you have two saves on youre SD card? One with game TitleID and one renamed to 000400000FF40A00.sav? You need delete the first one (don't forget to backup it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated