how to add 3ds homebrew apps

jimmy12707

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
so from my research Cias are like Wii wads and godmod 9 is like bootmii but i dont understand how to add homebrew apps i haven't modded my 3ds yet but i read the guide so from what i understood i have to sacrifice download play which i use very often to use the homebrew launcher to download the homebrew launcher and luma 3ds and the fbi app which just makes the homebrew launcher useless i dont really undersead but anyone know which file homebrew apps go to and what do they have to be do they have to be 3dsx cia or just zip files (this is my first post here btw)

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Or you can use the .3dsx file, you don't install it. Simply put it in the 3ds folder and using homebrew channel. It's up to you if you want it as a cia and install it or using the 3dsx file and not having that many titles on the home screen

alivingpeanut

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you don't sacrifice download play, you just temporarily replace it with hbl to install the cia apps. As for the homebrew apps, 3dsx files go in /3ds/ , and cias can be installed from anywhere on your sd. (i like to keep them in /cias/ though)

Reactions: zfreeman

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is a actual 3dsx launcher icon that you can set the HBL to after everything is set and done. You wont need to lose download play at all and you got a pretty little icon for HBL for your home menu.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.