How old are you?

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's true. A lot of people are happier with a settled life and once they find a stable way to live they feel safer and secure and happier. I think if you are having a terrible time, and it isn't caused by something physical outside yourself, it is really important to find some counselling and improve whatever the issues are. I remember being abjectly shy and socially awkward and it caused me a lot of pain and misery. I had only between one and no friends depending if I was in speaking terms with the other misfit kid at my school. BUT I went on exchange to France aged 16-17 and in the beginning/first half it was reall, truly horrible. But my shyness basically got beaten out of me - if I didn't learn how to communicate with people and do the right social things I would be completely on my own and screwed. When I came home I went to a different school (parents moved while I was away) and made a great group of friends. But if this is your story there is an easier way to fix it than having to subject yourself to a year of torture. See a counsellor who can help you work out what to do. I don't think it is possible to improve social anxiety on your own from sheer willpower - your brain prevents you from doing anything that would improve it. It might seem embarrassing or awkward but it is thoroughly worthwhile. Even if you aren't the sort of person who likes having adventures so you don't care, at least it will be one less thing to stress you out each day. If the misery is caused by something outside of you ---- that's a lot harder. If it is caused by someone being horrible to you then there should be ways to fix it. Even if you need no mental help a counsellor could still tell you what you can do to get away from any abus, and put you in contact with the right people. The worst is if you are stuck in some circumstances that you're just lumped with, and aren't anyone's fault so it's not easy to change. Eg if your family is quite poor and you have to work ten hours a day at the age of 17 to support them. Then really the only thing you can do is calculate plans to improve things - but they might be stuck like that for a while. If someone's situation is like this they really really have my sympathy :-(

Tl;Dr if you are miserable and young it is worthwhile working out how to fix what is causing it. Unless it is caused by outside circumstances, waiting and hoping it fixes itself isn't the answer, because it won't.
Hmm, I shouldn't have said the terrible time thing. Even if you have a great time during those years, you could still be happier at another point in your life. It's still like hearing that it won't get any better than this. It's resignation. Especially for people already past this time.

They absolutely could be somebody's best years, but everyone's life is completely different. Different events, different people, different time, everything. It's kind of weird to say that this specific time in everybody's life will be their best.

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
... then how come i am scared of them?
it's because you're a pussy
anime pussy.gif

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
I am sadly 12, making me an annoying 12 year old who gets on those Minecraft Kid Troll videos playing Minecraft Xbox 360... /s (But I am actually 12.)

By the way, isn't it weird how I feel SOO underage when I see someone is 13? Even though they're one year older than me.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hmm, I shouldn't have said the terrible time thing. Even if you have a great time during those years, you could still be happier at another point in your life. It's still like hearing that it won't get any better than this. It's resignation. Especially for people already past this time.

They absolutely could be somebody's best years, but everyone's life is completely different. Different events, different people, different time, everything. It's kind of weird to say that this specific time in everybody's life will be their best.
Ok, that's fair enough :-)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I am sadly 12, making me an annoying 12 year old who gets on those Minecraft Kid Troll videos playing Minecraft Xbox 360... /s (But I am actually 12.)

By the way, isn't it weird how I feel SOO underage when I see someone is 13? Even though they're one year older than me.
You're doing well for a kid! I wouldn't have guessed 12.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it