Hacking How I can put custom songs to Taiko WiiU3?

ZetsuboOH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's possible and it's not so hard, I've got it after done some custom dlc on vita

To get it right you might know at least how to get the decrypted assets from taiko wiiu3 dlc, and repack them with NUSPacker (not needed when using CEMU) - SDCafiine will not work here

To extract and repack musicinfo.drp into a editable xml you can use s0ngbrew https://github.com/anqurvanillapy/s0ngbrew

To extract audio from other taiko games use vgmstream https://github.com/losnoco/vgmstream and to repack use this fork of NUS3BANK-Editor https://github.com/despairoharmony/NUS3BANK-Editor

All charts (fumen) should work fine, but if you encounter problems you can use this python script to convert their endianess: https://pastebin.com/bNBQdeii (you need to use it when get your assets from Switch and PS4, 3DS and Vita needs too, but they need to get decompressed before)

And to edit songTitle textures (nut) you can use Smash Forge https://github.com/jam1garner/Smash-Forge - Just remember to always import as .dds, bc they save space and have more faster loading on wii u

tlb50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ZetsuboOH Sorry for the noob question, but I'm having issues repacking the xml file back to drp. (pastebin link)/cHzND6Mg is the script I'm using which just uses the encode function from s0ngbrew, am I using it incorrectly?

When I use the musicInfo.drp file generated from this script, the song doesn't show up, so I tried just renaming and replacing the fumen, texture, and nus3bank files of the song I'm trying to insert with another dlc song and it showed up just fine, so I'm pretty sure the issue is with compressing the xml back to drp.

ZetsuboOH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@ZetsuboOH Sorry for the noob question, but I'm having issues repacking the xml file back to drp. (pastebin link)/cHzND6Mg is the script I'm using which just uses the encode function from s0ngbrew, am I using it incorrectly?

When I use the musicInfo.drp file generated from this script, the song doesn't show up, so I tried just renaming and replacing the fumen, texture, and nus3bank files of the song I'm trying to insert with another dlc song and it showed up just fine, so I'm pretty sure the issue is with compressing the xml back to drp.

Could you share a screenshot from HxD with the beginning of the generated file?

tlb50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ZetsuboOH
When I changed the beginning of the generated file to match the beginning of the original file it worked. Thanks for giving me the idea to look at it in HxD.

coloristroy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway you can tutor me? trying so hard figuring this out!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

got stuck at locate musicinfo.drp in Taiko WiiU3. there seems no such file in the folder?

ZetsuboOH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there anyway you can tutor me? trying so hard figuring this out!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

got stuck at locate musicinfo.drp in Taiko WiiU3. there seems no such file in the folder?

Do you have dumped any DLC from Taiko WiiU 3? Those steps that i mentioned was for injecting songs via DLC

CallMeTest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I'm in need of a little help. :D
You see, I'm having a bit of trouble getting the custom nus3bank to work properly. When I inject it into WIIU3 it appears silent in the song select screen, but the custom chart and sound work perfectly fine when playing the song. Only setback being that after the song ends, it never goes into the result screen further making an "infinite song".

Further up in the thread I noticed you guys mentioned something about hex editing, but I am not too familiar with that. Any help on what it's supposed to look like or the audio editing process as a whole would be appreciated. Thanks!

CallMeTest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I'm in need of a little help. :D
You see, I'm having a bit of trouble getting the custom nus3bank to work properly. When I inject it into WIIU3 it appears silent in the song select screen, but the custom chart and sound work perfectly fine when playing the song. Only setback being that after the song ends, it never goes into the result screen further making an "infinite song".

Further up in the thread I noticed you guys mentioned something about hex editing, but I am not too familiar with that. Any help on what it's supposed to look like or the audio editing process as a whole would be appreciated. Thanks!
No worries, I have managed to fix the NUS3BANK problem.

My only problem now is getting the custom DLC's to show up or get injected into the game. It works when I replace the old game files with the new custom files, but I am having trouble making it work as DLC. If I could receive any guidance that would be greatly appreicated!

CallMeTest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worries, I have managed to fix the NUS3BANK problem.

My only problem now is getting the custom DLC's to show up or get injected into the game. It works when I replace the old game files with the new custom files, but I am having trouble making it work as DLC. If I could receive any guidance that would be greatly appreicated!
Nevermind, I fixed the problem!
In fact, it was the musicInfo.drp that was causing the problem.

At the time that I was editing the musicInfo.drp, I used 's0ngbrew' to decode the musicInfo.drp into an xml file (musicInfo.xml) and to encode it back to a drp file once I was done editing the file's information. Somehow during the encoding process (or even the decoding process) it ends up becoming unreadable and the game won't recognize the file.

Through hex editing the musicInfo.drp, I found that at the hexadecimal offsets 060-06B the decoded text read "m..........." instead of "musicinfo_db" which a usual musicInfo.drp will contain at those coordinates. Replacing the "m..........." with "musicinfo_db" and saving the file fixes the problem and makes the custom DLC appear.

NOTE: Sorry for repeating 'musicInfo.drp' so much lol.
Rule of thumb: Make sure to always hex edit to make sure there are no inconsistencies in your files.

Reactions: HomeStarRunnerTron

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44