Gaming How does Xenoblade Chronicles X compare to Xenoblade Chronicles [3D]?

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone

I read Xenoblade Chronicles X described as a sci-fi RPG, and loved the look of the trailer. When I saw Xenoblade Chronicles 3D for £15 in CeX I grabbed it since it's got 5 star reviews, but didn't really look into it much. I kind of assumed it would have a sci-fi RPG feel like X is described. I started playing last night, and it's got more of a fantasy feel so far (not played much though). I definitely prefer the sci-fi genre to fantasy so I'm wondering, is X more in the sci-fi or more in the fantasy JRPG style like the Wii/3DS version?

Thanks in advance!

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Xenoblade Chronicles is mostly a little of Sci-Fi mixed with Fantasy...
But most of its Sci-Fi is just in the ending.
Xenoblade Chronicles X is Sci-Fi from the get go, but I still haven't played long enough to tell how it develops.
X is more Sci-Fi oriented, but it still is definitively Japanese and definitively a Xeno game. Also, the battle system and exploration are very similar to Xenoblade Chronicles.
So, it is perhaps a very light Sci-Fi...

Sci-Fi in Mass Effect, e.g., is way more "serious". Here think of Sci-Fi in something more like previous entries in Xeno games, like Xenogears perhaps, it was Sci-Fi.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you! I'm definitely more of a sci-fi fan than fantasy/JRPG. I could get into XC 3D if the story is good (which I've read it is). Though it sounds like XC X will be more to my taste so I might have to get that too ;)

PaBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It sucks shulk isn't in it. I hope they have hidden references to the Monado or something :)

look at lin's hairclip ;)
latest

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc