Gaming How do you expect Mario Kart 9 to be?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 3,156
  • Replies 44

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't say for sure, but I don't think MK9 will be a game for the Switch. I think if Nintendo wants to make more Mario Kart content for the Switch, they'll just create more DLC and release it for MK8 Deluxe, and that will continue to stand as the Switch's Mario Kart entry. MK9 would be for a future system.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i would prefer not to be a "mario" kart but a nintendo kart, that would be amazing, we had way too many mario centric stuff, if we get nintendo kart imagine all the character and stages from all nintendo ips we could have.

basicaly super smash bros kart is what i want. imagine going through a metroid stage into an fire emblem one to a zelda one and f zero, and so on,so on.

Last edited by pedro702,

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope there is a new mario kart game. As much as I like having 8 deluxe, I sure would love the switch getting its own unique kart game as well. But that begs the question, if it does get its own mario kart then what happens with smash bros?

I dont see us getting a new smash bros along with a port of the old smash bros so I think it is way more likely that 8 deluxe will get more dlc in the future and smash switch will also get DLC.

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope there is a new mario kart game. As much as I like having 8 deluxe, I sure would love the switch getting its own unique kart game as well. But that begs the question, if it does get its own mario kart then what happens with smash bros?

I dont see us getting a new smash bros along with a port of the old smash bros so I think it is way more likely that 8 deluxe will get more dlc in the future and smash switch will also get DLC.
Smash Switch will probably be a new game

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smash Switch will probably be a new game

See I don't think so. I don't think there Will be a new smash. I think we will just get Sm4sh on switch with extra stages and characters and maybe a new mode or something. But I'm positive we will not see a new smash game on switch.

Sakurai has stated he probably won't work on a new smash bros game after the release of Sm4sh so unless a new team makes a new game, I only see a port with bonus content in the future.

7d26245fe2.png

Last edited by chavosaur,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its MK.
It will keep the same fomual and just add in things.
So new tracks, karts, people and probably a few new items.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well what's wrong with just remaking? It's not like there's some sort of Grand story for Smash or Mario Kart that cannot be reused. The physics engine and gameplay is nearly perfect now, and if Nintendo was to make a completely differently game that would all have to be thrown out and started from scratch. I'd rather Nintendo just keep doing what they did with Mario Kart, and just take the existing game and refine it. The tracks will always be fun, and the new battle mode is amazing.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well what's wrong with just remaking? It's not like there's some sort of Grand story for Smash or Mario Kart that cannot be reused. The physics engine and gameplay is nearly perfect now, and if Nintendo was to make a completely differently game that would all have to be thrown out and started from scratch. I'd rather Nintendo just keep doing what they did with Mario Kart, and just take the existing game and refine it. The tracks will always be fun, and the new battle mode is amazing.

Exactly, it really doesn't make sense to release new entries of these kinds of games on a modern system, they can instead just indefinitely add new content via DLC updates. Take a look at Rocket League, that game isn't going to get a sequel for the current systems, instead they're just regularly updating it and adding new content. If you think about it, most sports games, like Madden for example, could just have one entry and each year you could just pay for the new year's roster and adjustments and within the game just choose which season of the game you want to be from those that you've purchased. I doubt sports titles are about to make that kind of change in structure, but I think there is a great logic to it all.

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't see them releasing MK) on the switch since MK8 is the definitive one but I see them dreleasing a Super Kart Bros with tons of cameos.

Cody090909

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want it to be Nintendo Kart - there are so many characters and tracks now that don't come from the Mario Universe, and I'd like it to be able to expand in any direction as long as the mechanics and visual charm remain somewhat the same.
While it makes sense, I feel like Mario Kart has a better ring to it. It would also cause some confusion (IE people thinking it is similar to Nintendo land without ever looking at it [*cough* WII U *cough*])

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The engine can be improved. The switch is a bit more powerful than the wii u, it would be crazy if they don't use its full power for a new entry. Also, mario kart is a franchise which with every new entry, a new gimmick is introduced. So mario kart 9 and mario kart for the 3ds successor is almost guaranteed to happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i heard obs makes gd lag alot