Gaming How do you expect Mario Kart 9 to be?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 3,123
  • Replies 44
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Much like Mario Kart 8 or use a somewhat new kart system?

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is near-perfect karting game and I love it but I really hope that Nintendo changes things up with Mario Kart 9. If they developed a new Double Dash that would be awesome.

I miss that I can't switch the items like it was possible in DD and I also dislike Boo as an item because there are times I have the super horn and that bastard steals it.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like the RPGs and spinoff Mario games (Paper Mario, WarioWare, etc) to have a bit of representation too. Would be cool.

I'm hoping it doesn't go overboard with crossover content. I do still want it to be "Mario Kart"

That being said I probably wouldn't mind a Smash Kart, given MK8 is on the Switch.

Last edited by CeeDee,

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want it to be Nintendo Kart - there are so many characters and tracks now that don't come from the Mario Universe, and I'd like it to be able to expand in any direction as long as the mechanics and visual charm remain somewhat the same.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the karts can go underground in the next game? Like there can be specific places where theres just dirt and then when you get close to it your cart activates a drill in the front and it burrows down that takes you to an underground tunnel, idk
Funny thing is that this was the initial mario kart 8 concept, then it got replaced in favor of anti-gravity.

It's still a interesting concept, it could lead to new courses designs. Though i wouldnt mind a sequel to double dash.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Itd be cool if there was some sort of battle damage in the game, like if you get electrocuted you'd have burnt marks on your skin, if you get hit with a shell too many times your clothes would have rips in them, etc etc

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Itd be cool if there was some sort of battle damage in the game, like if you get electrocuted you'd have burnt marks on your skin, if you get hit with a shell too many times your clothes would have rips in them, etc etc
If it was possible on mario strikers, it can be done on mario kart. Though i don't think they will go that far just to add them.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga, and Luigi's mansion characters and stages. Fawful and Professor E Gadd would make pretty neat characters to the game.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga, and Luigi's mansion characters and stages. Fawful and Professor E Gadd would make pretty neat characters to the game.
For some reason they never brought back prof. e gadd after originaly planning to have him on mario kart ds...

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't imagine anything that Nintendo can really add to a new MK game. the engine is really really good. At most i see more and more tracks being included, which can be done in MK8D.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Same reason there are more blue shells, balance.
They're both unbalanced so how did you come to the conclusion that it's balanced?

3 blue shells per match - unbalanced
Boo item stealing items - unbalanced

Somehow it's balanced? :unsure:

It's even more random and unsafe than it was on Mario Kart 8. At least on Mario Kart 8 we'd get to keep all the items.

D

Deleted User

OP
They're both unbalanced so how did you come to the conclusion that it's balanced?

3 blue shells per match - unbalanced
Boo item stealing items - unbalanced

Somehow it's balanced? :unsure:

It's even more random and unsafe than it was on Mario Kart 8. At least on Mario Kart 8 we'd get to keep all the items.
I remember in MK8 we would spend the entire race with a superhorn and then use it on the one blue shell that we got. Now boos steal it and there are enough blue shells to shake things up a bit

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I remember in MK8 we would spend the entire race with a superhorn and then use it on the one blue shell that we got. Now boos steal it and there are enough blue shells to shake things up a bit
It's not balanced. Nintendo needs to patch it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm