Hacking how do I solve this errcode=4?

Ruzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm using DSTT with the latest firmware 1.17 but when I try playing certain games, it still prompts

[Rom loading failed]
load rom errcode=-4

Please reset system.

the games that I'm trying to get to work are relatively new (i think) - 4622-Bookworm(U) and 4644-Bejeweled Twist(U)
surprisingly though, my other games work fine like Mario Kart, Brain Age, Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks.

what should I do?

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep, that error could relates to game compatability with DSTT firmware....you need to wait for an update for the unofficial fw 1.17.a12.....if that ever happens again for this flashcart.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All4consoles-UK said:
If Ruzz is lucky update for unofficial 1.17a12 should be out in not too distant future provided NDSTT realised they were lagging behind in fixing games compatibilty issues..
1.17a12 firmware is already out.
If you meant a newer version than 1.17a12, then I wouldn't hold my breath.

The official DSTT team isn't 'lagging behind', they flat out aren't releasing new firmware.
All 1.17a## firmware was "stolen" from ashley (who "stole" 1.17 from DSTT and added compatibility).

There are tools available to maintain the DSTT firmware -- official or otherwise -- but it requires quite a bit of knowledge and time to do so, so I doubt there will be many people willing to step up and add support to a cart that the official team won't.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Error code=-4 problem has somethink to do with infolib.dat or extinfo.dat for TTDS or ysmenu for R4

Take the game world of zoo (E)

If i use the infolib.dat from http://sites.google.com/site/weeklyinfolib/ , the game will get a error code =-4

If i use the infolib.dat from dsm0125.zip from http://gamewiki.jp/uploader/dsma/ JAP version, the game runs no problem

But infolib.dat uses the extinfo.dat file

So it possable that we have to wait for a working extinfo.dat of infolib.dat

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Valguerra said:
I do not think it has anything to do with infolib or extinfo cause I have updated and still get the error.
Technically you're right... It's an antipiracy check failing that gives errcode=4
What people mean when they say that it has to do with extinfo.dat is that the file, extinfo.dat, contains antipiracy fixes which will sove the errcode=4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o